Chapter 4

The Key Assistant of Love

Chapter 4 | Charismatic Confession |

“Hey where did you guys go?” Jonghyun opened the door and asked. He had been alone at home due to a lack of schedules and was feeling vexed.

“Annyeong Jonghyun OPPA~!” Niki greeted him too enthusiastically.

“What’s wrong with her?” Jonghyun smiled. He followed Niki into the living room. “Oh, I’d better keep it safely in my room!” Niki rushed into her own room.

“What is it?” Jonghyun asked, only to be slapped on the face by Niki’s ponytail. “Yah.” He rolled his eyes.

“Wow, Miss Violent is finally going to keep herself locked in that room. Sweet.” Key rolled his eyes.

“Yah, Minho ah. Where did you go and why is she so excited?” Jonghyun probed.

“Oh, it’s nothing. We just went on a date.” Minho said, trying to keep a straight face.

“WHAT?” Both Jonghyun and Key exclaimed.

“How could you, Minho ah?!” Jonghyun ran into Niki’s room.

“How could you tolerate her?” Key laughed. He patted Minho on his back and went into the kitchen, leaving Minho alone in the living room.

Minho smiled and sighed. If only it was a date.

☆☆☆

“So Minho just went to record Dream Team and you tagged along? That rascal…” Jonghyun was relieved. To think I believed him.

“Why? What did he tell you?” Niki asked, lovingly touching the Polaroid photo in her hands.

“He said you guys went dating.” Jonghyun whined. “I nearly killed him.”

“WHY WOULD YOU KILL HIM?! He brought me to see Eunhyuk oppa! Gosh, EUNHYUKKIE OPPAAAA!” Niki screamed, ecstatic.

“Yah, what’s so great about it? Let me see!” Jonghyun snatched the Polaroid from her, creating a small tear. Oops.

“OH MY GOD KIM JONGHYUN, HOW COULD YOU?!” Niki took back the photo and screamed. “OUT. GET OUT OF MY ROOM NOW!”

Within nanoseconds, Jonghyun was chased out of the room. “Sorry, I really didn’t mean to do that.”

“What did you do this time?” Minho chuckled and walked past the depressed Jonghyun. “Niki ah, can I talk to you?”

“No. Unless you have another Polaroid photo of me and Eunhyuk oppa.”

“I’m sure you’ll get another one soon. When we go for our promotions, you may even see the rest of Super Junior.”

Niki stopped in her tracks. He’s right… She opened the door and let Minho in and Jonghyun tried to poke his head into the room. Unfortunately, he was forced to leave before he got strangled to death by the door on his neck.

“Yah, Niki ah! I’m really sorry! Let me in, won’t you? I need to save you from that evil kid! You can’t be alone with him!” Jonghyun shouted through the door.

“Why not? You are the evil kid. Keep quiet, hyung!” Minho retorted.

“SHUT UP KIM JONGHYUN. LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID TO MY PHOTO. I’LL KILL YOU LATER! Now, what did you want to ask me?” Niki handed him the photo miserably.

“Oh, it’s nothing much…” Minho the small tear, afraid to establish eye contact. “Just… Did you mean what you said?”

“Huh? What do you mean? That I’ll kill Jonghyun oppa? Sure.” Niki answered, nonchalant.

“Not that… That… Whatever you said after you thanked me?”

“What, oppa? Just shoot.” Niki asked, slightly annoyed.

“Fine, I’ll say it. That you love me.” Minho looked away, his heart palpitating rather quickly. There, I said it.

Niki choked on her saliva and started coughing. What the hell? She cleared . “You’re kidding, right?”

Minho turned around to face her. He looked deep into her eyes, trying to work his charms. Indeed, Niki started to smile.

“Hahaha, Flaming Charisma Minho’s trying to trick me, right? Sorry but your charisma doesn’t work on me. Try again next time!” Niki laughed awkwardly and pretended not to get his message. He’s kidding, right?

“But I me-” Minho protested.

“You tried really hard to trick me, didn’t you? Okay, I already burst your bubble, so don’t bring it up again, okay?”

“Hey but –”

Niki frowned and placed her finger on her lips.

“Fine, but come with me.” With that, Minho dragged Niki out of the house.