Chapter 5

My Crimson Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three nights later Dara had dinner again with Jiyong. He seemed more relaxed this time around compared to when she told him about the stalker thing that has been bothering her and although the core of anger she sensed within him was still there, he took pains to be attentive and amusing. She felt happy but more than that, she feared what Jiyong might do.

 

She remembered the first time they met, back when they were still in college, when he rescued her from the harassment of a suitor she turned down.  The fear she felt when her insane suitor tried to her was nothing compared to the fear she felt when she saw his eyes that time. They were blank, as if he didn’t care if he will kill him or not. His eyes back then were the same as to what she saw three nights ago. They were piercing, to the point that she can feel herself shiver whenever she looks at them.

 

My God, was she scared of her own boyfriend?

 

No, she thought. I owe him a lot—even my life. But that has nothing to do with why I love him.

 

“Jagiya?”

 

“Huh?”  She lifted her gaze and saw him looking at her. Her mind was wondering again. Composing herself, she cleared . “I’m sorry, Ji. I’m just tired. Anyway, you were saying?”

 

“Seunghyun.”

 

“What’s with him?” she tried to focus her gaze on the food in front of her, trying to act nonchalant about the name he uttered even though curiosity has already reigned on her system.

 

“I think he likes you.”

 

She was caught off guard, lifting her gaze on the man in front of her. Seunghyun likes her? She doesn’t believe so.

 

A deafening silence then ensued.

 

Dara was waiting. She eyeing him as she was waiting for him to laugh, tell her that he was joking. But none of that came. He remained seated while looking at her, probably anticipating what her reaction would be. After some time, she took her glass.

 

“That’s funny, Ji.” She nervously chuckled and took a sip on her wine. “You almost got me there.”

 

“Aniyo…” Jiyong shook his head. “I know he does.”

 

“What made you say that?”

 

“I just know.”

 

“That’s impossible. He’s just kind. That’s all.” She said, shuddering her shoulders in the process as if what he’s saying was absurd. Yes. Jiyong just mistook her driver’s kindness. She considers Seunghyun as her brother. He may like her but not the kind of like that Jiyong thinks. Like what she said, it’s impossible. Or not?

 

 “He likes you.” He repeated as if not hearing what she said.

 

“Don’t be silly, Ji.”

 

“I’m not being silly. I’m just saying what I noticed.”

 

“And your point is?” she raised her brow, irritated.

 

“I don’t want any other man near my woman. Especially if he likes her.”

 

Dara started giggling then eventually turns to laughter, gathering the attention of the guests from the nearby tables. She leaned forward after some time and pinched his cheeks lightly. “Aigoo… Aigoo… Aigoo… My Jiyongie is jealous!”

 

“So what if I am?” He said, smirking.

 

“I’ll love you more.” She was still giggling.

 

“You will?” Jiyong crossed his arms around his chest. “I am even more jealous then.”

 

His answer made her laugh louder. “So what does my baby want for him not to be jealous?”

 

“Fire him.”

 

Her smile faltered. “I think I didn’t hear you right.”

 

“I said fire him.”

 

Fire him? Fire Seunghyun just because Jiyong is jealous of him? He must be kidding. That would be the last thing she will do.

 

“You know I can’t do that, Ji.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“It’s unreasonable!” her voice was a notch higher. She cleared to compose herself, not wanting the conversation to worsen. “Seunghyun is my driver.”

 

“I can drive you everyday to work then fetch you after. You don’t need him.”

 

“But Ji…” her voice trailed off. “I can’t. More than being my driver, he’s my friend.”

 

He remained silent, lips pressed against each other. He doesn’t look pleased with her answer though he too, doesn’t look angry. He was just eyeing her, although she thinks that his grip on his utensils were tighter than necessary.

 

After some time, he smiled. “I was just joking, babe.”

 

“There’s nothing to be jealous about, Ji.” She moved closer to him. “I’m already yours.”

 

“Yeah.” He then hugged her tight, buried his face on the locks of her hair. “I will make sure of that.”

 

“What did you say?” she wasn’t able to catch his words as they were barely even considered as a whisper.

 

“Nothing, Babe.” She felt him kissed her hair. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” she sighed in contentment.

 

-------

 

When Jiyong took Dara back to the residence, her thoughts was still occupied by the conversation they had. Kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter