Chapter 2

My Crimson Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, Dara went to her office with dark circles on her eyes, still feeling restless and tired. Sleep was very elusive for her last night; event of what happened was still etched in her mind like a nightmare, hunting her in her sleep. She was pretty sure that wasn’t just her imagination but thinking otherwise will just result to endless thoughts. No, she doesn’t need that for now. Tons of work was waiting in her office and thinking if someone was really following her or not would just add to the things that will consume her energy.

 

She decided to let it pass, just be thankful that nothing happened to her and that she’s safe.

 

When Dara arrived at her office, her secretary was waiting for her.  Lee Donghae was a fine gentleman in his twenties. Quite timid but very smart. At first she was hesitant to hire him; bothered by the fact that he was a man and that ever since, her secretaries were all girls. But when she saw his application form, doubt immediately left. Dara was very picky with her staff and only wants the best. To say the least, he was the best.

 

He brought in her usual cup of coffee and stood across from her desk. Dara gave him a faint smile while massaging her temple as she felt it ache. She was waiting for him to go out but seconds passed, she still didn’t hear a sound of door being opened and closed. Lifting her gaze, she saw him standing and eyeing her.

 

“Yes?” she asked while still massaging her temple.

 

There was a shy expression on his face. Under normal circumstances, that would’ve made her laugh. He was always like that; shy as if he has done something wrong. Even in his picture when he applied, he had a pleasant, unassuming expression, partly the reason why she hired him.

 

“Did you enjoy the theater, Ms. Park?” he said while fidgeting his fingers. He was the one who gave her the ticket as a gift. According to him, it was from his sister as a token of gratitude for hiring her little brother.

 

Dara forced herself to smile at him. The man was kind enough to remember her so the least thing she could do was to be grateful. “I do. Thank you very much, Donghae.” She slightly bowed her head. What happened afterward was not a thing she should tell him.

 

“Were you scared?”

 

She looked at him in surprise. “What?”

 

“When you walked alone, were you scared?” he asked again though his eyes weren’t meeting hers.

 

“I—how did you know that?” her eyes widened as disbelief and fear was coming up to her at rapid speed. Dara’s back was immediately straightened for all the fiber in her body was on high alert. The throbbing pain on her temple was now worse than it is a while ago. He should not know that. Not unless…

 

“I asked Seunghyun-ssi about last night. I was just wondering if you enjoyed the theater so I could tell it to my sister. But he said…” He bowed his head, not finishing his sentence. A look of regret was very apparent on his face. “For what happened last night, I’m so sorry, Ms. Park. I shouldn’t have given you the ticket.”

 

“Aigoo…” she heaves a sigh of relief; didn’t even notice that she was holding her breath for quite some time. How could she suspect him of doing such thing? No, Donghae would never do that. He was the brother she never had. A gentle person like him can’t even kill a fly. More so, follow someone like her. She took a sip on her coffee. Ah… He really knows her taste. “Don’t mind that, Donghae-ah. I really had fun last night. Thanks for the ticket.”

 

When he lifted his head, a smile was now plastered on his lips. He scratches the back of his head as relief passed over him. Ms. Park is really sweet, he thought.

 

“What happened to your hand?” Dara asked in curiosity when she saw the hand he used was bandaged.

 

Donghae looked at what she was referring to. His eyes widen as he held it with his free hand and hid it on his back. “M-my coffee spilled awhile ago. The clinic was just exaggerated with the bandages.”

 

That made her laughed. The look on his face was that of someone who was blaming himself. He could be so adorable when he wants to. “I never knew you could be clumsy too.”

 

His face suddenly projects a slight tint shade of red which made Dara laugh louder. The heavy feeling a while ago was now forgotten thanks to her secretary. She was laughing as if not minding him standing in front of her. She really made the right choice of hiring him. When her laughs died down, she looks at him and saw that he was also looking at her with a gentle expression. “Thank you, Donghae.”

 

“For the ticket, Ms. Park?”

 

She shook her head and smiled. She was glad not because of the ticket but mostly because he was… Donghae. Without him knowing, he could make her forget her worries. Breathe of fresh air, that’s what he is. “I just wanted to thank you. That would be all.” She dismissed him that he just answered with a nod. Donghae walked to her table and took with him the empty cup of coffee. For the last time, he bowed down to her and exited her office.

 

Dara wondered why a young man like him can blush like that. Maybe he hasn’t realized it yet but he could be a ladies man if he wants to, not just with his looks but also with the intelligence that he has.

 

A crease was suddenly formed on her forehead after remembering his hand. Accidents are very usual these days. Seunghyun also has the same injury as Donghae. What’s with people and their hands?

 

She just wishes the two to be more careful. Both employees are very dear to her; can’t even complain with their services for more than that, they were her friends. She must’ve done something good in her past life to be blessed by nice people that surrounds her.

 

Though they can’t be on par with my Jiyongie, the thought made her want to giggle. For goodness sake, she was fan girling over her own boyfriend!

 

It’s his fault for being him, she reasoned out. No one can blame her for that. Jiyong was just the sweetest thing, always there whenever she needed him. It’s as if he already knew what she wants even before she can voice it out.

 

It’s as if he knew her better t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter