Of all people...

Forgotten Drawer

 

I was running on my way to my class.... damn, why does my first class have to be on the fourth floor?....  I need to be there before our lecturer enters, it’s my first day on that class so I can’t be late... I finally reached the floor and halted in front of the classroom while catching my breath and feeling relieved at the same time since I got there first before the teacher..... I took a last deep breath and composed myself before entering the room when suddenly someone rushing from my back bumped into me causing all of my things to fall and scatter on the floor...

 

“Omo!... I’m so sorry” she immediately crouched down to help me gather my things

 

“It’s okay..” I said as I looked up and realized who she is “Taeyeon-ssi” I called her with a big smile. She’s the first person who welcomed me and became my friend here, she helped me a lot from the day I transferred here and I’m so glad and thankful to her.

 

“Oh.. Yuri-ah” we both paused and stared at each other before cracking up at the same time “this is your first day on this class right?” she asked as we stood up after gathering my things and entering the room

 

“Yes... I’m a bit nervous but I guess we have the same set of classmates from the other class right?” I was looking around the room and noticing same faces from my other classes which made me a bit relieved since they already know me

 

“Yes and don’t worry Ms. Choi is the coolest teacher ever” she said as she guide me to our seats. Before my could get in contact with the wooden chair, something... no someone caught my eyes, a guy entered the room shortly followed by other four men behind him, they were all so handsome that no girl can resist to take their eyes off of them but.... that’s not my issue here, it’s just that I think I knew the first guy who entered I just couldn’t remember where have I seen him before....

 

I followed them with my eyes as they took their seats at the back of the room ignoring all the drooling girls that are watching them. I kept my gaze locked on that tall guy trying to remember where have I seen him before.... until he took a glance at my side catching my gaze with those almond eyes, and there everything went back.... now I clearly remember who he is, that rude childish guy. He seemed to not remember me at all since he immediately dropped his gaze from me looking uninterested... well that’s better right? But I just can’t help but wonder “Doesn’t he remember me at all?”

 

Minutes later the teacher came, she looks young, pretty and has a bright personality, Taeyeon is right she’s kinda cool.... Of course I went through the usual awkward introduction portion saying the never ending “Anneonghasseo, Kwon Yuri imnida” which I hate the most... why do I have to introduce myself in every class I attend to when my classmates are almost all the same people?.... Anyways, I tried my best to not look at that rude guy but I just couldn’t and I don’t know why until Taeyeon already noticed it.

 

“Is he handsome?” she whispered with a chuckle startling me abit

 

“Anio.... I just think I’ve seen him before” I immediately averted my eyes from him

 

“Ahh... maybe you’ve seen their posters or whatsoever, you’re a ballerina and they’re the members of our school’s dance club... they’re very famous especially him, he’s the best dancer so almost everybody knows him” I nodded, so that explains why he’s so rude and arrogant, he’s so full of himself... how stupid!

 

I started focusing on the lesson, I never liked Home economics and livelihood subject but I somehow enjoy how Ms. Choi conduct the lecture. I decided to take down notes and realized that I lost my favorite mickey mouse pen.... I shifted and searched every pocket of my bag but failed to find it so I just gave up with a pout and used my spare pen.

 

“Ok guys before I end this class I want you to know that I’ve got a very fantastic idea on how we will discuss our next lesson” Ms. Choi excitedly announced, I just love how she address her students as ‘guys’ “Since our next topic is about family planning and parenthood” she took out something from a box that she brought earlier... it’s an egg and my forehead creased upon seeing it “this... all of you will be parenting an egg for a week or two, I will pair each one of you a girl and a boy so you could form a family and take care of your eggs... how is that?” she received different kinds of reaction some likes the idea and others hate it including me, how can I do that when I’m new and doesn’t know anyone here?.... I took a glance over that rude guy and his gang again, and they seem to not care at all and drifted in their own stupid conceited world.... “to be fair I prepared all the guys name in this box and each girl will pick their partner... but with your number I’m afraid someone will be a single parent” Ms. Choi continued earning laughter from the class.

 

I averted my gaze with a sigh “Wow... this is cool! I wonder who my partner would be” Taeyeon happily said on her seat

 

“Please let me be a single parent” I prayed to myself. I don’t actually hate the idea of parenting an egg it actually seems fun since I’m a girl, it’s just that I’m not that comfortable yet....

 

The girls started to take their turns in picking their partners, and showed different reactions, some almost jump from happiness some looks like they’re about to kill the person they picked.....

 

Taeyeon was called and went in front to pick from the box, she unfold the piece of paper and read the name “Kim Jaejoong” she read with a pout, Kim Jaejoong who turned out to be the pretty guy from the rude group raised his hand with a blank uninterested face while Taeyeon just frowned and sat back on her chair not looking so happy while the other girls are almost dying to exchange places with her.

 

“You don’t like your partner?” I asked the moment she sat

 

“He’s lazy... I’m sure he’ll make me do it all alone.... arghh!” she exclaimed and I patted her back, I was about to say something when I heard my name being called, I took a deep breath, stood up and went in front, I’m so nervous “Just please not one of them.... please” I prayed so hard with every step I make

 

I picked a paper and slowly unfold it to see the name while my heart is beating so fast, why am I this nervous?! I look at the name for a second before reading it “J...Jung Yunho” I read loudly and immediately scanned the room for a raised hand, wondering who it is, but nobody is raising their hands, did I read the name wrong? I looked at the paper again, but I read it right, Is he not present then?... I looked at Ms. Choi and she gestured me to read again, so I did, louder this time “Jung Yunho-ssi”

 

“Here” I saw someone slowly and lazily raised his right hand and almost immediately drop it. My jaw almost dropped upon realizing who it was.... Of all people why him? Why does his name have to be Jung “stupid” Yunho?... stupid hand of mine why did you pick him? WHY?!!!!

 

He gave me an unreadable but somehow a bit scary look before averting his eyes and yawning, completely uninterested.... now that’s perfect!

 

 

___________________________________________________________

I know it's lame and short... I'm sorry!! I promise next chapter will be better:))

Thank you for subscribing and commenting guys!!!!

Please continue leaving comments:))