Winter Snow

Forgotten Drawer

Flashback....

 

I was walking on the busy street of Myeondong enjoying the beautiful  gleaming lights and observing the busy people walking around doing their own little things, when suddenly I felt something cold and damp fall onto my head, and slowly followed by more soft white cottony flakes falling from the sky, I tilted my head and look up as a smile formed on my face

 

"Snow..." I breathed as I extend my hand catching the small soft flakes.....  Winter is my favorite season of all since I love snowy days, and cold nights, I know it sounds weird but I just really do.... My mother once told me that snow are gentle kisses sent from heaven, and now I consider them as her own kisses for me sent from heaven where she is now.

 

I closed my eyes as I savoured the snow flakes falling and touching my skin.... I stayed standing there in the middle of the street while other people are rushing  on their ways grunting about how cold the night is and finding warmer places to avoid the snow.....I was the only one who seemed to be enjoying the snow, yet I couldn't care less.... I didn't move until I finally felt the unbearable cold spread all over my body that I started feeling numb and find it hard to move my knuckles..... I lifted my bare hands right in front of my face and slowly move my fingers, wiggling and twisting them until the numbness disappears.

 

"I should buy mittens..." I mumbled as I rubbed my hands together and started walking down the street again...

 

While I was walking something suddenly came into my mind "They say each and everyone of us has this so called soulmate.... Someone that we will meet along the way and no matter what, no matter how long or how many lives we live we will surely meet that person..... and once we do.... shooong!" Ms. Lee snapped her fingers "we'll feel something unexplainable like every cell in our body is about to explode, something like magic.... and a great sense of connection will overwhelm us.... and thats when you know that that person is the one..." she ended with her hands clasped together and her looking into nothingness with a dreamy eyes.

 

I chuckled to myself at the thought of my hopeless romantic professor and her stupid soulmate speech earlier in our literature class..... I actually don't entirely believe in it but I can't help but wonder, if there really is that someone for me, where could that person be? how does he look like? will I be really feeling that magic Ms. Lee said once I met him or by any chance did I already met him or came across with him in some way?..... I brushed the thought off my mind as I continued walking....

 

It's actually my first week here in Seoul and in Seoul Nat'l High and I'm still in the adjusting period with my new surroundings, new people and new lifestyle since I have to be indipendent and live on my own now.... I decided to go here and accept the scholarship they offered me despite the great objection of my appa, so I need to do my best and work hard to finish my last two years in high school with flying colors and to be able to do this I need to double or even triple my effort in every ballet class I attend and ofcourse as much as possible win every ballet competition they make me join to.....

 

I halted as I found what I have been looking for, I crossed the street and went to a small stall on the side walk that sells different kinds of mittens, scarfs and beanies.... I bowed to the owner before scanning through the items layed in front of me.... my eyes fell onto a plain red mittens and a smile suddenly crept on my face.... I just love anything thats red.

 

I looked up to the vendor as I placed my hand over the red mittens "Ahjumma how much are....." I was cut and the mittens was suddenly pulled under my hand

 

"Ahjumma I'll get this" An annoyed looking guy said as he grab the mittens and held it infront of ahjumma's face while getting something from his pocket and hissing something about the stupid wallet in his pocket.

 

I was speechless for a moment... How rude is this guy?.... I already had those pretty red mittens on my hand..... How dare him snatch my mittens away!!! Those are my mittens!!!

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

Hi guys!...

First chapter..... what do you think?

I know it's short.... Sorry....

I was actually overwhelmed by the number of subscribers so I tried my best

to update this now..... I actually didn't expect to get much subbies since

I already said that this will just be a short story....

But anyways..... I'm really happy!!!

Thank you guys soo much!!!

I'll try my best to update this and Destiny's game as often as I can...

 

Please do leave your comments and tell me what you think....

I love it when there are lots of them.....

and subscribers are all welcome!!:))