A Tangled Mess

Someone Loves Someone

“Has Heechul hyung and Sohee picked a venue already?”

                Sooyoung shook her head though all that Changmin could honestly see to safely say that she was doing so was her the hair on the top of her head shaking. The brunette was currently standing behind her desk, shielded by piles and piles of folders, photo albums and the like despite her already tall frame. He had come to discuss improvements – if there were any to begin with – regarding Heechul and Sohee’s wedding plans but it looks like that was going to be delayed considering the pile of work that was literally blocking them.

“They really haven’t settled on that yet.” She basically glared at the heap of things on her table; her hands on her waist. “What we have so far is the date and time of the wedding. Oh, and the list of sponsors and stuff like that for the bridal entourage.”

Changmin arched an eyebrow in interest at that; the photographer currently seated on one of the two chairs in front of her desk. “Would you mind if I ask if you’re part of it?”

The tall brunette rolled her eyes good naturedly, standing on her tiptoes so that she could at least see the man she was talking to. “Bride’s maid.”

He chuckled. “Is there really some sort of law that requires the wedding planner to be part of the bridal entourage?”

“I think it’s either it’s just the way it is or couples couldn’t think of any other way to thank their wedding planner.”

A look of pure amusement crossed his handsome face. “And just how many of the weddings you planned through the years got you a spot in the bridal entourage.”

Sooyoung stood on her tiptoes again to scowl at him. “Most of them.”

The dark haired man allowed himself to laugh fully at that, raising his hands in defense when she looked like she was going to hurl a folder of whatever was inside at him. “Are you usually this violent?”

“It’s part of my charm.” She smiled almost too sweetly and innocently at him before turning her attention back to the things on her desk. “This is going to be a long day.”

His eyes drifted too towards the pile that shielded her from view. “What are these?”

“Mostly pictures… catalogues of wedding related stuff like venues, attires, decorations.” The loud ringing of her phone cut her off; the gadget soon out of her pocket and held against her ear. “Hello?”

“Sohee’s fairy godmother!” Heechul exclaimed from the other end of the line.

Sooyoung blinked at her phone before putting the call on speaker and moving to where Changmin was, wordlessly telling him who was on the phone. “Why are you calling me Sohee’s fairy godmother, oppa?”

“Because I know you can make Sohee’s wishes for our wedding come true.”

She rolled her eyes at that as she leaned against her table, careful not to send the things on it tumbling down. “That’s an interesting way to put it.”

“Is Changmin there with you?” He asked.

“Right here, hyung.” The man in question replied, getting off his seat to stand beside his partner. “What can we do for you?”

“Thank heavens you’re there, Min.” Heechul let out a very distinct sigh of relief. “I need both of your help for my wedding gift for Sohee.”

The pair blinked in unison; the female of the two speaking up first. “Isn’t that too early, oppa?”

“With what I have in mind, you’re going to need a lot of time.” A beat passed. “Hold on for a minute.”

                Sooyoung and Changmin could only exchange curious and wary look as they listened to the silence from the other end of the line. It wasn’t really completely silent thanks to the tell-tale signs of Heechul talking to someone far from wherever he left the phone. Their attention was diverted, however, when the front door of Sooyoung’s office opened; Kyuhyun appearing though the gap soon after.

“Hey, Kyu.” Changmin greeted his best friend first; Sooyoung offering a smile.

                Kyuhyun opened his mouth to greet the two but was cut off when the phone in Sooyoung’s hand came to life with a voice apologizing for keeping the two waiting. Silently, he moved to sit near the pair and listened to the conversation. He hesitantly stayed put; not quite used to seeing Changmin and Sooyoung together though both of them and even Victoria had informed him about the former working together for this certain wedding. It was really such a small, small world.

Changmin moved his head closer to Sooyoung’s to hear Heechul’s voice clearer. “So what’s the plan, hyung?”

“Well, you see… Sohee has this dream of going around the world. I mean, we all do. It’s just that it’s going to take some time before I can make that come true for her since we’ve got work and all that crap.” He explained, pausing to take a breath. “The big plan is… for you two to go around the world.”

“WHAT?” Three sets of eyes went wide.

“Let me explain first.” The two in the office who knew Heechul could imagine him making a face at them. “I’m going to give you a list of places she wants to go to and all you have to do is go there and bring back souvenir. Then, the said souvenirs will be put together in a box and given to her during our reception.”

Sooyoung struggled to speak. “Are you serious, oppa? I mean… this is going to take so much time and effort… not to mention money. Min oppa and I have work too.”

“I’m going to pay for your expenses.” He hastily informed them. “Look, I don’t really need you to go to every place in her list. Some would do and I could just find other people for the rest of the places. I’d do it myself but I know she’d get suspicious if I just disappear. I just need my gift to show her my promise… that I’ll show her the world one day.”

The brunette let out a gasp and, surprising the two men with her, she squealed in excitement. “That’s so sweet!”

They heard him laugh shyly. “So will you guys do it?”

“I’m in!” Sooyoung exclaimed; her attention falling on her partner for the wedding. “Min oppa?”

“I’m in.”

Kyuhyun looked at his two best friends tentatively as Heechul ended the call. “That was… interesting.”

“Trust me… They’re a very different couple.” Changmin nodded in agreement before turning to Sooyoung and realizing that she was once again hidden behind her pile of catalogues. “Do you think we can do it, Soo?”

She thought for a moment before she spoke. “Who are we to deny their happiness?”

Changmin looked completely in awe of her answer; Kyuhyun telling him with a look to get used to it before he spoke. “Soo, about Eunjung and Taecyeon’s wedding…”

“Oh, right!” The two men heard the palm of her hand smacking against her forehead. “I forgot you’re coming here to get the song list for their wedding? I’ll just look for it…”

“That’s easier said than done considering all these stuff on your table.” Changmin took the first few catalogues from the pile closest to him. “Here. I’ll help you move them to the wall.”

“Thank you, oppa.” She smiled brightly; her smile growing when the other male moved to help out too. “Thank you, Kyuhyun oppa.”

“You really got your hands full, Soo.” The photographer between the two men commented as he carried another set of catalogues. “Do you have any free time left?”

Sooyoung kept her attention on the folder that had everything she needed for Taecyeon and Eunjung’s wedding, skimming through the papers inside. “I enjoy my job, oppa. It’s stressful but very rewarding.”

“I guess you can put it that way… Besides, if you go on a hiatus… Kyu will lose his gigs.” Changmin joked, elbowing the man gently in the ribs.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes good naturedly, stacking the catalogues in his grasp on the growing pile on the floor. “I can make my own living, thank you very much. Soo just likes to help me out every now and then.”

“What Cho said.” The only female among the trio straightened up; a piece of paper in her hand. “Here you go, oppa. I think you sang most, if not all, of those songs before already.”

“Thanks.” The curly haired man chuckled, accepting his assignment of songs for the wedding. “Is everything set for their wedding?”

“Well, they still don’t have…” Her eyes suddenly went wide as her attention shifted to Changmin; the man in question not knowing if that was a good thing or not. “They still need a photographer.”

He pointed to himself. “Me?”

“Yes, you.” Sooyoung giggled, surprising one of the two men more than the other when she went on to grab his backpack and searched for his organizer, flipping through the pages until she found the date for the wedding. “You’re certainly free on that day.”

Changmin exchanged a look with his best friend, clearing his throat before he spoke. “Do I even have a choice?”

“Everyone always has a choice.” She smiled sweetly at him, putting his organizer back inside his bag. “So what’s yours?”

The dark haired man grumbled under his breath about how women always seemed to know how to get their way before he replied. “I’m in.”

Sooyoung clapped her hands excitedly, squealing before throwing her arms around him. “Thank you, oppa! I’ll call Taecyeon oppa later and I’m sure they’ll be happy.”

“Uh… Ah… I… You’re welcome.” The reply sounded more like a question than an answer.

Kyuhyun coughed awkwardly, waiting until the two were detached from each other. “What else is needed for the wedding?”

She went back to the list of things to do for the Eunjung-Taecyeon nuptials. “A caterer.”

“Maybe Vic could help you with that. You already met her, right? She’s an awesome cook and she’s got a lot of loyal clients. What do you think?”

Sooyoung nodded; a forced smile on her face. She hoped it wasn’t that obvious.

It wasn’t for Kyuhyun.

But it was for Changmin.