Victoria Song Loves Shim Changmin

Someone Loves Someone

                With a warm smile brightening her beautiful face, Victoria stepped out of her car and opened the door of the back seat to gather the five lunch boxes in her hands. One of the said five lunch boxes were noticeably bigger than the rest and it was with that very fact that Victoria excitedly made her way to the entrance of the large, architecturally brilliant building, knowing that the youngest of the five men she was visiting would be happiest to see her. Taking a few moments to actually compose herself, Victoria pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to answer, keeping the bright smile on her face intact.

“My Song Qian!” She soon found herself in the arms of a very familiar and squealing dolphin. “You brought food!”

“She isn’t your Song Qian, hyung.” The youngest of the five men in the room mock chided the older man from behind his computer. “You’re just happy to see her because she has food.”

“Aren’t you?” Junsu snorted as he assisted Victoria with the lunch boxes, kicking the door shut with his feet behind him.

“Well… Yeah.”

“See!”

He arched an eyebrow. “She’s one of my best friends. Of course, I’m happy to see her.”

                The term best friend made her feel like she was just stabbed in the heart but Victoria chose ignore the painful feeling, keeping the smile on her face the best way that she could. Instead, she occupied herself with setting out the lunch boxes of the five men busy prepping their gallery for the upcoming open house they had scheduled. Changmin had gone back to whatever it was he was doing. Junsu had excused himself to help Yoochun in arranging pictures that had already been printed while Yunho and Jaejoong had teamed up to frame those pictures that were decided to be included in the display for the open house.

“Boys, time to eat!” She announced as soon as she was done.

Changmin was first to reach the dining table towards the back of the gallery, smiling appreciatively and hungrily at the food set out on the table. “Which one is mine?”

“The bigger one, obviously.” Yunho nearly rolled his eyes at the maknae, settling himself on his seat. “Thanks, Vi. What are these anyway?”

“Is the name important? What matters is that it’s damn good.” Changmin spoke in the midst of his chewing.

At that, everyone completely rolled their eyes; Jaejoong reaching past Yoochun to smack him at the back of his head. “Don’t talk when your mouth is full, Min.”

Changmin rolled his eyes back at them but said nothing; Victoria taking the chance to answer Yunho’s question. “Oppa, I made garlic-roasted prawns on chickpea mousse, roasted duck salad and banana chocolate trifle.”

Yoochun smiled gratefully, speaking before he took another mouthful of the roasted duck. “You shouldn’t do this so often, Vic. You’re spoiling us too much.”

“I really don’t mind, oppa.” The Chinese native shrugged absently. “I really don’t mind doing this for all of you.”

                Four of the five men chose not to say anything in reply to that, mainly because it was neither the time nor place to discuss such a topic. Add the fact that the youngest of the men in the room was very much oblivious to what was something that was so blatantly obvious to his four hyungs. They had known for a long time that Victoria had feelings for Changmin even if she hadn’t voiced out the said truth to any of them. It was clear as day… apparently aside from Changmin, who was unconsciously and happily living in the dark.

“Hey, Min…” Victoria rested her forearms on the table as she watched her friends eat. “Kyu’s going out tonight with the other oppas.”

He nodded, chewing and swallowing his food this time around before he spoke. “He told me about it.”

The long haired brunette bit her lower lip slightly; Yunho and Yoochun exchanging well-disguised worried looks. “Do you wanna watch a movie tonight? I wanted Kyu to come too but obviously he can’t.”

“I’m sorry, Vic… I kinda have plans with Lee Yeonhee tonight.” Changmin smiled apologetically before continuing to eat.

Her smile faltered for a fraction of a second. Who the hell was Lee Yeonhee? “Well… How about tomorrow night? Kyu can come with us then.”

He took the time to make sure the food he was eating was gone from his mouth before he opened his mouth to reply; Junsu attempting to kick him under the table but ending up kicking Jaejoong instead. “Ow, .”

“Hyung what happened to you?” A startled Changmin asked the eldest of his hyungs; Yunho getting up from his seat to check on him.

“It’s nothing. I just moved my leg too much and it hit the table.” Jaejoong answered through clenched teeth, sending a pointed look at Junsu, who quickly mouthed an apology.

The maknae nodded slowly before he turned his attention back to Victoria. “Sorry about ‘em children, Vic. What were you saying again?”

She forced another smile on her face. “I-I was asking if you wanted to watch a movie tomorrow instead. That way Kyu can come…”

His forehead etched in thought; a frown soon appearing on his face. “I have a dinner meeting with Tiffany Hwang tomorrow about the pictures I agreed to take for her bridal gown collection.”

                Victoria was having a hard time breathing. Lee Yeonhee. Tiffany Hwang. So many women… where did she fit in this equation? It was more than clear to her than he had eyes – and to mention time – for other girls except for her. That hurt… more than she ever imagined it would. The Chinese native fell silent as she willed herself not to cry, causing Yunho to stop fussing over Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu to fall silent and Changmin to slowly drop his fork.

“Vic?”

Forcing yet another smile on her face, she got up from her seat. “Look at the time. Crap! I’m late for my first meeting. I need to go, Min. Eat well, okay? You too, oppas. I’ll see you soon.”

                Before any of them could say anything, Victoria dashed out of the room, grabbing her purse in the process. Jaejoong stopped Junsu, Yunho and Yoochun with a meaningful look when they made a move to follow her; Junsu being the first to snap out of it and try to act normally. A flat out confused look remained on Changmin’s face for a while but he soon reasoned to himself that she really was probably late for her multiple client meetings. He had wanted to go after her and make sure that she really was just late but as soon as he heard the main door open and close, he had chosen to shrug it off.

As soon as Victoria was outside, she finally let the tears flow.