Choi Sooyoung Meets Victoria Song

Someone Loves Someone

Wedding planning, though very gratifying once the wedding itself takes place, is usually very, very stressful.

                Sooyoung and Changmin could only discreetly exchange a look as they found themselves seated around a round table, waiting patiently as Heechul and Sohee discussed silently among themselves as to when they wanted their nuptials to take place. Deciding on the date was usually the first step before else and sometimes, it could be one of the hardest. Though Heechul had expressed his desires of wanting to get married as soon as possible, it was not practical considering that he and Sohee were both very busy with work – him as a radio DJ and she as a stylist.

                It didn’t help the situation that a part of Sooyoung wished that they were in her office instead of Changmin’s just because she was more comfortable there than anywhere else. Changmin had insisted on having the first meeting in his office, pointing out that he also needed to talk to the newly engaged couple about the literally technical aspects of their wedding. The young man had also pointed out that he had countless pictures of possible venues that the couple could choose from in his computers. Sooyoung had no choice but to agree though it meant that she had to haul her catalogues and whatnot to his office; said catalogues and other materials were currently neatly scattered all over Changmin’s usually spotless office. It also meant that she had to bring Yoona and Seohyun with her; her two dongsaengs were currently outside Changmin’s glass-walled office with Jaejoong, Yoochun, Yunho and Junsu; all six on standby in case they were needed.

“I think we’ve decided.” Heechul’s voice snapped both Sooyoung and Changmin out of their thoughts as he and his future bride faced them fully after their private discussion.

The wedding planner between the pair took out her organizer from her purse, preparing a pen soon after. “What have you decided on?”

“Exactly fifteen months after the coming Friday, unnie.” Sohee smiled a bit hesitantly. “Is it okay if I call you that?”

“Of course, you can. We’re going to be spending a lot of time together in the next fifteen months so I want you to be as comfortable with me as possible.” Sooyoung smiled genuinely, taking note that Changmin had written down the date in his organizer as well.

“Have you decided on a time?” Changmin asked the next obvious question, silently wanting to relieve some of the stress from his new partner.

“I’ve always wanted a sunset wedding.” Sohee’s eyes sparkled at the idea before turning her attention to Heechul. “Would that be okay, oppa?”

Heechul nodded; Sooyoung and Changmin both having an identical feeling that the man couldn’t deny his fiancée anything. “Sure, that’d be great.”

“If it’s agreeable to both of you, I would like to suggest for the wedding to start at around three or maybe four in the afternoon… just so that it would be just in time for sunset.” Sooyoung looked between the couple, watching as they thought about her proposition.

“I’d love that.” Sohee smiled happily; her future husband nodding in agreement beside her. “Four o’clock sounds good.”

The tall brunette already had a notebook brought out, scribbling notes as soon as the confirmation was made. “Have you two spoken about your ideal venue?”

“We have though we didn’t really talk about it at length.” Heechul replied, resting his forearms gently on the glass table. “You see, we’re the type of people who are non-conformists. I think that’s why we clicked so easily… because we were different. We wanted our wedding to show that. So we don’t want the traditional type of wedding.”

Changmin nodded slowly; his mind processing everything that was being fed to him. “Which means...”

“We don’t want a church, garden, beach or hotel ballroom type of wedding.”

If the answer stunned the wedding planner and the photographer, it didn’t show; the female of the two speaking first. “Do you have any specific first option for a venue?”

Sohee smiled sheepishly. “We’re kinda blank in that department, unnie.”

Sooyoung thought about it for a moment before she got up, retrieving a couple of catalogues from the shelves. “These are some ideas you could work on and maybe you’d find one that you’d like. Changmin-ssi and I will step out first so the two of you could discuss it privately. We’ll just be outside if you need us.”

“I’ll also have one of the guys you met earlier give you a copy of some pictures of venues you’d might want to also consider. You’d be able to take it home and talk about it more since it’ll be given to you in a flash drive.” Changmin added before he too was on his feet and he and Sooyoung bowed politely before leaving.

“What do we have so far, unnie?” Seohyun asked as soon as the pair was out of Changmin’s office.

“They’re quite a whimsical pair. They don’t want a garden, church, beach or hotel wedding.” Sooyoung informed everyone in general; amusement colouring her tone. “It’s once in a while that we get to work with a pair like them.”

“That also means this wedding is harder than usual to plan and execute.” Changmin pointed out the obvious, having a deeper respect and appreciation for wedding planners, before turned his attention to Yunho. “Hyung, remember those pictures were classified outside the stuff Sooyoung mentioned earlier? Could you save them in a flash drive and give to Heechul-ssi and Sohee-ssi? Just so that they could have more ideas.”

“No problem.” Yunho nodded before heading off to his own office.

Yoochun glanced back at the couple conversing in Changmin’s office. “What else has been decided on?”

“They want their wedding exactly fifteen months from this coming Friday.” Sooyoung replied, understanding from the look that crossed his face that he thought that it was probably enough time to whip out a wedding. “We should get lunch ready since it’s already past noon.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes good naturedly. “I still don’t get why you girls were the ones who brought food when we’re the ones who caused a lot of hassle by having the meeting here.”

“Unnie missed cooking.” Yoona smiled as she, Sooyoung and Seohyun followed Jaejoong into the pantry of the studio.

“Sooyoung cooks?” Junsu turned wide, surprise eyes at Changmin and Yoochun as the three men were left on their own. “What can’t that girl do?”

Changmin nodded. “From what she told me earlier, she had taken classes and stuff. Apparently she thinks it’s necessary in case the caterer messes up something and there’s a lack in food or what.”

“Did that ever happen?” Yoochun asked, getting his answer from the look of utter amusement that crossed the younger man’s face. “She looks like she’s got all worst case scenarios covered.”

                He opened his mouth to comment when the main entrance of the studio opened; Victoria hesitantly popping her head inside. Junsu and Yoochun excused themselves to go get Yunho and help the rest in the pantry while Changmin went off to greet the Chinese beauty. Her visits didn’t come as a surprise to them any longer though Changmin noticed how she didn’t have anything else with her except her purse.

“Hey, you…” Victoria greeted him with a smile.

“Hey.” He greeted back at her, wrapping her in a loose one-arm hug. “No work?”

“Only for now.” The Chinese native rolled her eyes and he couldn’t help but chuckle. “Are you busy? I thought you’d might want to hang out or something.”

Changmin glanced back at his office, smiling apologetically at his friend. “Sorry, Vic. We actually have some clients over today.”

“Oh, crap. Really? I’m sorry for interrupting.” She apologized, looking above his shoulder and finally noticing his occupied office. “Am I keeping you from anything important?”

The dark haired man shook his head. “We gave them time to talk amongst each other first… see if they can decide on their own.”

Victoria nodded, smiling in relief only to grow somewhat hesitant soon after. “Well… What would you like for lunch tom–”

                The long haired woman found herself unable to finish her question as she realized that Changmin was no longer completely listening to her. Instead, he was looking at a tall, model-like brunette who was making her way towards them. Victoria fought to keep the smile frozen on her face; her heart hurting over how it seemed like she had so many competition for Changmin’s attention and possibly even his affections.

“Lunch is ready, Changmin-ssi.” She informed Changmin before politely bowing at Victoria.

“Thanks, Soo.” Changmin smiled, clearly happy about stuffing himself up with good food until he was full. "And please, call me oppa. Changmin-ssi is too formal."

The brunette rolled her eyes. "If that's what you want... oppa."

"There you go." Turning back to Victoria, he realized that the two women didn’t know each other. “Vic, this is Choi Sooyoung. Sooyoung, this is Victoria Song.”

“You’re Kyu’s best friend, aren’t you?” Victoria rolled her eyes went Changmin opened his mouth to correct her. “His other best friend, I mean. He talks a lot about you. It’s nice to finally meet you, Sooyoung-ssi.”

“I am… You’re the friend he’s been mentioning?” Sooyoung forced a smile on her face, realizing that she had finally come face to face with the woman Kyuhyun was in love with. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

The two women could almost feel the awkward atmosphere nearly settling upon them, broken just in time by Changmin’s grumbling stomach. “Sorry about that.” He smiled sheepishly when the two women laughed. “Vic, you wanna join us?”

Although every fibre in her being screamed to say yes, she shook her head. “Nah, I’ve got to get going. My free time isn’t unlimited today.”

“Take care on the road, Vic. See you soon.”

                Victoria waved goodbye as Changmin smiled and Sooyoung bowed once more. The Chinese woman could only watch as the two headed off to the pantry; surprised with how small the world was and how those two ended up knowing each other at the first place. She was about to head out when she overheard Changmin asking if Sooyoung wanted to have lunch the next day, saying that they could start talking about calendaring some wedding. Victoria closed her eyes, hoping to hear a no, but when the opposite answer came, she nearly ran out of the studio.

Before that, she didn’t think her heart could break any more than it had.

It just did.