Shim Changmin Meets Choi Sooyoung

Someone Loves Someone

“Yah, Fany! Where are you taking me?” Sooyoung asked for the umpteenth time since she found herself getting dragged by her American born friend out of her office and into her car, pausing only to tell Yoona that Sooyoung would be back in a couple of hours.

The woman in the driver’s seat rolled her eyes. “Patience is a virtue, Soo.”

“A virtue which I’m running low on.” She countered. “The least you can do after not giving me a chance to properly cancel my schedule is to tell me where in Korea you’re taking me.”

“Who says I’m taking you somewhere in Korea?”

“TIFFANY HWANG!”

She made a face at her friend; one of her hands reaching up to cover one of her ears. “Geeze, Soo! I was just kidding. No need to give me hearing loss.”

Sooyoung pouted. “Unnie, please?”

“If only you noticed that I already parked the car, you wouldn’t need to use aegyo on me.”

The brunette turned her attention to the surroundings outside the car; her eyes falling on a nearby signboard. “A studio?”

Tiffany waited until both she and the younger woman were out of the car. “Yes, a studio… now hurry up and we’re almost late.”

“Will you tell me why we’re here?” She folded her arms over chest, refusing to move.

The American born woman scowled at her dongsaeng, taking her by the wrist before dragging her towards the entrance. “Today is the photo shoot for the catalogue of my latest set of gowns. You’re here to see them first hand so you know the best things to say to your clients.”

                Sooyoung rolled her eyes at that, walking fast enough until she was walking side by side with her friend. Checking her wristwatch and praising the heavens that the taller woman didn’t delay her too much, Tiffany entered the studio, blinking at the normally spotless studio that was now very much alive with all the computers, lighting equipment and the like.

“Changmin oppa?”

                Both women had just stepped fully inside the studio when a tall, slightly lanky man stood up straight behind a laptop; apparently crouching in front of the said gadget earlier. With a very professional smile gracing his somewhat lost-looking face, he strode over to where the duo stood, leaning down to drop a friendly kiss on Tiffany’s cheek in greeting.

“Oppa, I’d like you to meet Choi Sooyoung. She’s the wedding organizer I told you about.” Tiffany began the introductions. “Soo, this is Shim Changmin. He’s one of the photographers I frequently work with.”

Changmin extended his hand. “You’re Kyu’s other best friend, aren’t you? He’s mentioned you a couple of times.”

“You’re Kyu’s other best friend, aren’t you?” She shot back at him; a cheerful laughter escaping her lips as she shook his offered hand. “Nice to finally meet you.”

“Likewise.” The tall man replied earnestly, gently dropping her hand before he gestured towards the set for the photo shoot.

                As Tiffany began fussing over the models with the help of the stylists, Changmin returned to fixing his equipment. Sooyoung was about to find herself out of place in the busy studio when she was suddenly introduced to the newly-arriving Kim Junsu and Kim Yoochun, two of Changmin’s four friends slash business partners. The two men soon involved in a deep conversation with the leggy brunette, mostly about their respective works.

“Sooyoungie!” Tiffany appeared in the midst of the busy clutter that is the models, gowns, stylists, make-up and hair products with a pout on her face. “Help?”

The younger woman rolled her eyes good naturedly, politely excusing herself from Yoochun and Junsu before heading off to the ‘battlefield’. “How am I supposed to help?”

“Don’t pretend that you didn’t take some classes in styling and designing.” She made a face. “Can you help figure out which accessories go with this dress and stuff like that?”

Sooyoung stuck her tongue out as maturely as possible before she busied herself styling the model closest to her. "Glad to be useful today, Hwang."

“She’s pretty awesome, isn’t she?” Junsu mused. “She’s a wedding planner but she looks like she can double for a stylist as well.”

“There are skills of a wedding planner that is also the same with a stylist.” Yoochun nodded in agreement. “What do you think, Min?”

“I’d like to work with her. I actually wonder why I never had the chance before.”

                Yoochun and Junsu exchanged a look at that; both men unable to make a comment when Tiffany declared that her models were ready. Changmin headed back to the set, taking his camera carefully from the table, as Junsu and Yoochun took their places by the laptops around stationed before the set. Tiffany ushered the first model to her place; Sooyoung taking a spot beside Changmin as their friend made last minute fixings on the wedding gown.

“I’m so tired.” Tiffany whined as she finally stood beside Sooyoung, taking a long swig from the bottle of water in her hand.

“But you love it.” She reminded her, knowing that she need not elaborate for her friend to know that she was talking about the latter’s work.

Her trademark eye smile appeared on her face as Changmin began taking picture after picture, instructing the model after each one. “I wouldn’t trade it for the world.”

Sooyoung couldn’t help the soft gasp that escaped her lips as she watched the on-going photo shoot. “The gown’s so beautiful, Fany.”

                Tiffany smiled thankfully; the older woman not having the chance to reply when Changmin finished with the first model. Much to her delight, her assistants had taken full charge of the second model, leaving the fashion designer a longer time to rest. Changmin and Sooyoung had retreated back to where Junsu and Yoochun were; the newly formed quartet taking time to look at the pictures the youngest of the three men had taken. A smile soon made its way to Changmin’s lips as Sooyoung’s praises for his work reached his ears; the brunette continuing to amaze the men when she had pointed out which pictures were the best.

“She knows photography too… impressive.” Changmin whispered to himself, thinking of how great it would be to have a friend like her.

“Oh crap.”

Four pairs of eyes turned towards where Tiffany stood. “What is it?” Sooyoung asked.

“Siwon oppa told me last night about how one of our friends recently got engaged. Crap, I completely forgot to call Heechul oppa!” Hastily taking out her phone, she dialled the number and placed the call on loudspeaker.

“Hello?”

“Oppa!” Tiffany squealed, causing Sooyoung to roll her eyes as she and the three men went back to looking at the photos. “Congratulations to you and Sohee! It’s about damn time, oppa.”

Heechul’s laughter boomed from the small phone, surprising some of those who were caught unaware. “Thank you, Fany.”

“So when’s the wedding?” She transferred her phone from one hand to the next as she spoke.

“We’re going for next year, I guess. Tell your boyfriend that you two have to come!” He replied. “Sohee’s been talking over and over about having you design her gown so at least we’ve got one thing done.”

Tiffany nodded though the man on the other end of the line couldn’t see it. “You can bet your Siwon oppa and I will be there at your wedding.Tell her I said thank you, oppa… Hey, what else have you two figured out?”

She could imagine her friend smiling sheepishly. “That’s pretty much it.” He replied a few moments of silence.

The dark haired woman opened to say something when an idea suddenly popped in her mind. “Hey, oppa, listen… I have these two friends. One of them is a really good wedding planner and the other one is a really, really good photographer. Maybe you’d like to meet them soon? You might want to get them for your wedding.”

                Sooyoung and Changmin’s heads snapped up from the laptops; the two exchanging a look before staring at where Tiffany was standing. Forgetting about the fact that everyone could hear the conversation, Tiffany remained oblivious to the fact that her two friends were listening to every word she said. Did she really do what they thought she did or were they - hopefully - just hearing things?

“Okay, great. I’ll let them know. Thanks, oppa. I’ll call you soon. Say hi to Sohee for me.” Tiffany ended the call, turning around only to find Changmin and Sooyoung staring at her with their eyebrows raised. “I guess you two know.”

Changmin snorted. “You placed the call on loudspeaker, Fany.”

She rolled her eyes. “So what do you guys say? Will you be the wedding planner and photographer for Heechul oppa and Sohee’s wedding?”

The two exchanged another look, nodding in approval soon after. “Just please call your Heechul oppa that we should set a meeting soon.” Sooyoung reminded the older woman. “I’d like to meet him and his future bride so that I know what I have to do.”

“Consider that done.” With an excited giggle escaping her lips, Tiffany called Heechul once more to make the arrangements; this time preferring not to put the call on loudspeaker.

Changmin cleared his throat, wordlessly telling Junsu to take over taking the shots of the second model. “Sooyoung-ssi, would you mind if I come to your meeting with Heechul-ssi?”

“I don’t see a problem with that.” She replied, watching as the photo shoot continued. “Though I’d like to know why.”

The dark haired man grinned, tucking his hands in the pocket of his jeans. “Well, my friends and I aren’t your ordinary photographers.”

 

Sooyoung arched an eyebrow in interest. “Tell me then, Mr. Shim. What makes you different from other photographers out there?”

“Well, Ms. Choi, my expertise doesn’t lie solely on photography. I happen to be very good with layouts, making AVPs… anything that involves a computer and design, really.” He replied smoothly; his smile never leaving his face.

“Impressive.” She said with all sincerity, glancing at the man beside her for a moment. “You know, I think this will go well. This partnership or whatever it is we’re about to have.”

“Of course it would.” Another grin graced his handsome face. “It’s not every day one gets to work with the Choi Sooyoung.”

“It’s not every day one gets to work with the Shim Changmin.”

With the two involved with an entertaining and friendly banter slash conversation, both failed to notice Tiffany watching them from a far; her jaw slightly hanging. A part of her had this intense urge to have her ears checked, not quite believing that she heard what she heard. But judging from the characters of both of her friends, it was perfectly reasonable for her to be as surprised as she was.

Did they just flirt with each other?