03

The Piano Knows Something I Don't Know

 

“Zhou Mi, how about we set him up with Kim Jongwoon?” Sungmin said, with a hint of a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Hyung, what will Kibum think about that?” Zhou Mi replied hesitantly.

 

“Just one date. And they'll be on their own. If one of them is interested, they can just set another date. We won't be at fault. I overheard Kibum and Ryeowook talking once. Kibum told him that he was on a date. Ryeowook said, 'Ah. Okay. Text me if you're not busy.”

 

“Oh.. So it's okay if Ryeowook also went on dates with people other than Kibum. What a unique relationship.” Zhou Mi said, not exactly sure if he was envious or sympathetic of their relationship. “So, is Kim Jongwoon an okay choice for a person like Ryeowook?” The guitarist asked for his friend's opinion.

 

“In terms of looks, he's definitely an okay choice. Seriously, more handsome than Yesung? He must be a god then. In terms of personality, well I won't really know, would I? But if he plays the piano, that's one thing they have in common. I hope he appreciates cuisine though. But who wouldn't appreciate authentic Ryeowook food? Gift from the heavens, if I must say.” Zhou Mi complimented, trying to sound professional.

 

“No need to worry about his personality though. Based on the time I talked to him, he's a romantic person and would make a move fast. He even complimented me on my mediocre guitar skills!” Sungmin said, happy with no specific reason.

 

“Hyung, you're the only one who thinks that your guitar skills are lacking.” Zhou Mi said exasperatedly. “But it is!” Sungmin all but drawled out. Zhou Mi sighed helplessly. Sungmin will never stop trying to be better than his current state. Well, that was a trait Sungmin and Henry had in common.

 

At the mention of Henry, Zhou Mi's mind immediately flew to said person, which led to him being in a trance. “-uo Mi! Zhou Mi!” Sungmin tried to wake him up from his trance. “Uhh?” He should really stop zoning out. Too much of Henry in his mind lately.

 

“Have you heard what I said?” Sungmin asked him, slightly irritated. Zhou Mi probably didn't hear. “Uh, no. Can you say it again?” Zhou Mi tried his best to stop his mind wandering off to Henry again.

 

“I knew it. Anyway, I said, I'm going to Jongwoon's table. Do you think it's okay?” Sungmin asked. “It's okay, I guess.” Zhou Mi told him.

 

“Okay. Wait for me here, okay?” Sungmin told the Chinese man. Zhou Mi just nodded his head.

 

“Hello, Jongwoon-sshi!” Sungmin greeted said person. Sungmin wasn't aware of the twinkle in his eyes, leading to Jongwoon giving him a suspicious look.

 

“Ah, hello, Sungmin-sshi. Would you like to take a seat?” Jongwoon offered. “Gladly! Also, please drop the honorifics.” Sungmin sat down at the vacant chair at Jongwoon's table.

 

“Okay, Sungmin, only if you drop the honorifics to my name too.” Jongwoon took a quick glance at Sungmin's direction. “Sure, Jongwoon!” Sungmin obliged.

 

“So, Jongwoon, I was wondering, are you free later?” Sungmin sort of asked him out.

 

“Um, yes. Why?” Jongwoon was curious. Was he asking him out? “I was wondering. Would you like to go out tonight? To know each other better, since we're co-workers. And you look like you don't have anything to do tonight.” Sungmin asked with a gentle smile.

 

“Seems like you made a move first, Sungmin. I was about to ask you out too.” Jongwoon admitted. “Really? Well anyway, later okay? Wait for me here. I'll be here at about 9:00.” Sungmin informed him. “Okay. By the way, can I get your phone number?” The new pianist asked.

 

“Sure, here.” Sungmin wrote down on a napkin and gave it to Jongwoon. “Ah, thanks. I'll just text you later, okay?” Jongwoon told him. “Sure, sure. I'm just gonna go back to my friend's table, Jongwoon. See you tonight!” Sungmin said as he walked back to his original table.

 

“Zhou Mi.. I think we have a slight problem.” Sungmin informed Zhou Mi as he sat back at his chair. The Chinese man gave him a look that was saying him to go on. “Mimi, Jongwoon was about to ask me out.” Sungmin told him.

 

Zhou Mi blinked repeatedly. And stared at Sungmin for the longest time. “Oh my God, Sungmin. You've already dropped the honorifics and he asked you out. Oh my God. What exactly did you two talk about?” Zhou MI asked excitedly like a school girl who just heard a fresh rumor.

 

“Actually, he was about to ask me out. I asked him out first.” Sungmin told him as calmly as possible as to avoid misunderstandings.

 

“OH MY GOD SUNGMIN YOU ASKED HIM OUT, YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND, HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WOOKIE'S AND HE'S PROBABLY HAVING THE HOTS FOR YOU.” Zhou Mi whispered loudly with a horrified face.

 

“Shush you! You haven't even heard the full thing I was about to tell you!” Sungmin hissed. “Ah, sorry. What is it?” Zhou Mi asked as normal-sounding as possible.

 

“I'm going to ask Ryeowook to go in my place. Jongwoon looked as bored as hell, so I think he was only about to ask me because he had nothing to do.” Sungmin announced, proud of his foolproof plan.

 

“Oh. That's perfect, I guess.” Zhou Mi replied somewhat hesistantly. “What?” Sungmin noticed the hint of hesitation in Zhou Mi's words.

 

“Hyung, we never did consider the fact that Jongwoon isn't interested in guys, lest he be in a relationship. I mean, come on! With a face like that, he probably has a lot of girls. Eww.” Zhou Mi considered after a moment of thinking.

 

“Oh yeah.. We didn't think about that. Haha. We're not too sure, aren't we? Well, it's not like Ryeowook is already falling in love with him. They don't even know each other. Look, Zhou Mi, we're not making them a couple, we're making Ryeowookie have more friends.” Sungmin cleared.

 

“Ah. OK. Anyways, what time are you supposed to meet him?” Zhou Mi asked.

 

“Uh, 9:00. I told him to meet me here. And, oh my God, we need to dress Ryeowook up.” Sungmin suddenly blurted out.

 

“Oh my God, even if this isn't really a date, we should dress him up. Thank you for remembering that hyung. I have an excuse to dress him up!” Zhou Mi giggled. “Yeah, yeah sure. Just don't overdress him. They're co-workers, not first loves.” Sungmin reminded.

 

A/N Okay, I am disappointed at this chapter. I was in a rush and I was really in a bad mood when I wrote this. Forgive me, readers TT_TT @mouj05: Thank you so much! I appreciate your comment very much! <3 @awesomeninja771: Nothing much is up with Sungmin xD Just his mischievousness peeking through xD My writing is good? xD I think it's too common :D I won't change my writing style, just for you :D

Seriously, I know a lot of you don't like this chapter, I don't like it too >< Thank you for taking the time to read this anyway! :D Please don't hesitate to comment~ Follow @DominiqueDesu for updates! :D