02

The Piano Knows Something I Don't Know

 

It was raining hard when Kim Jongwoon went to his new workplace on Wednesday. He didn't mind the rain, to be honest. He actually liked it. But there were times when he hated the rain, like today. It rained hard when he didn't have a umbrella. It was a fairly good thing that it rained when he was already inside the restaurant, his new workplace, Oasis.

 

He planned to just stay for about 10 minutes to check out the place but it rained so hard, it would be difficult to go back to his apartment.

 

Kim Jongwoon, although devilishly handsome and had many girls after him, only had two relationships in his twenty-six years of existence. Currently, he is in a relationship, but anyways, he wasn't in love.

 

His mother told him once, 'If you know you've fallen in love with someone, don't force your self to stand up. It's either you continue falling alone, or you drag someone along with you.' Jongwoon was interested in love. He wants to experience it.

 

It's been about ten minutes since he first step foot inside the simple restaurant. He started watching a man, there's big chance that the man was one of his co-workers, playing an acoustic guitar on a small platform. He looked like he was playing the guitar so effortlessly, since he was so good at it.

 

He noticed a piano near the man, and assumed that there's the place he'll play piano.

 

About thirty minutes after, the man was going down the platform. 'Maybe it's time for his break.' Jongwoon quickly went to the man.

 

“You play the guitar really good.” Jongwoon was attracted to him. He won't deny. He liked the way the man would look at his guitar every so often then face the people eating with a small smile posed on his face.

 

“Thank you.” The man said with a heart-melting smile on his face.

 

“I'm Kim Jongwoon, by the way. Your new co-worker. I'll be playing the piano here tomorrow. Nice meeting you.” He quickly introduced him self with a gentle smile. “Ooh, the owner of this place told us that there'll be a new pianist here. I'm Lee Sungmin. I play guitar here every Wednesday. Nice to meet you!” Sungmin said cheerfully.

 

Sungmin and Jongwoon chatted for some time, until Sungmin's break ended. “Jongwoon-sshi, you should meet my friend, Kim Ryeowook. He works here too. Maybe you'll see him tomorrow, since he plays piano here too. It was nice talking to you!” Sungmin told him enthusiastically.

 

“Maybe I'll see him tomorrow. It was nice talking to you too, Sungmin-sshi!” Jongwoon told him, glad to know one of his co-workers.

 

Jongwoon noticed that the rain stopped, and it only drizzled lightly, meaning, he could go back to his apartment now. Upon realizing, Jongwoon's mood lightened up considerably. As he exited the small restaurant, he bumped shoulders with a man who looked like a girl and had a small frame.

 

As soon as the man noticed, he quickly apologized. “Sorry for bumping onto you, sir. I didn't notice you.” The man quickly apologized as he went inside the restaurant.

 

 

 

 

Jongwoon went back to the restaurant the day after to start working. He was anxious, since it was his first day, but learned to calm his self down.

 

Soon enough, his shift was over. Meaning, he could see the other pianist, Kim Ryeowook. Since the management didn't give him the whole hours and only gave him half, Jongwoon concluded that Ryeowook was a great pianist this restaurant didn't want to lose.

 

He went down the platform and sat at an empty table. 'I hope he comes quickly. Wait, why I am going even going to watch him?' Jongwoon didn't know himself. 'Oh well. It's not like I have anything better to do, so why not?'

 

He saw a small man, who looked awfully familiar, walk through the entrance. The man went up to the platform and began playing the piano.

 

'Now I can understand why they only gave me half of the hours. This Ryeowook guy is really good. It makes me wonder how I even got the job when he's already more than enough.' Jongwoon was practically ashamed of his skills when he heard Kim Ryeowook play.

 

After a while, the pianist went down from the platform and walked happily to two people who seemed to be his friends. Jongwoon recognized one as Sungmin.

 

'Ahh. Maybe I should walk to them? Ah, no. It's not like I'm already close with Sungmin anyway.' Jongwoon just continued observing them from the sidelines. Suddenly, he felt his phone vibrate. There was a text message from his girlfriend, Hwang Miyoung.

 

Jongwoon-ah, how are you? How's your new job? ^^” Said the message. “I'm good. The job's okay, I'm comfortable working in it. Would you like to go on a date tonight? :)” He replied back. He was really bored. He had nothing to do, so he just asked her on a date, which was perfectly fine since they were in a relationship.

 

'Ah, I'm sorry, Jongwoon-ah. I have work-related things to attend to tonight :( How about tomorrow night? :)' Jongwoon received her message after a minute. 'Ah, it's okay. Tomorrow night then? I'm gonna pick you up at 7.” Jongwoon texted back quickly. 'Okay. See you ;)' Miyoung replied back.

 

He heard the piano sound, a jazzy piece, if he must say. He looked around, he wanted to talk to someone. He was bored to death. 'If you're bored, then why are you still here?' The twenty-six year old thought. 'I'd be dead by now if I stayed at my apartment.' He argued in his head. 'Who said you had to be in your apartment?' Why am I arguing with my own thoughts? He wondered.

 

'Maybe I'll ask Sungmin to hang out with me later, if he isn't busy. Looks like he doesn't have anything to do anyway.' Jongwoon thought as he saw Sungmin, talking with a man. The both of them were all smiles.

 

After about ten minutes, Sungmin abruptly stood up and walked silently to Jongwoon's direction. 'Why's he going here?' The Yesung look-alike thought. “Hello, Jongwoon-sshi!” Sungmin greeted him cheerfully. Jongwoon noticed something. Something in Sungmin's eyes that is somehow uncharacteristic of him.

 

 

A/N I was supposed to update tomorrow but I couldn't help myself xD Thank you so so much for subscribing! This is my first fic and I'm not good at writing but omg some people subscribed ;ww; thank you again! You know who you are :)

I'm sorry to the people who don't like this fanfic/chapter. I have a really weird mind for stories xD Also, for those who don't know, Hwang Miyoung is Tiffany of SNSD :D So yeah, it'll be hard to get Jongwoon to be with Ryeowook with Miyoung in a relationship with Jongwoon, but you'll see how it'll happen ;)

@forheart: Thank you for reading and subbing :) I hope you like it too ^^ @awesomeninja771: Better than expected? O.o I'm shocked! I won't deny though, I think you're my favorite reader xD @redpurplewine: KiWook is really a rare pair ;~~: This story's main pairing is YeWook but I'll slip in a few scenes of KiWook here and there :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this! If you see some mistakes, or you want to give some tips to help improve this story, please don't hesitate to comment! Whether it's about my writing, this chapter, the story, or a simple "Update soon!", your comment will be much appreciated! :)