04

The Piano Knows Something I Don't Know

 

“Hyung. Hyung!” Ryeowook tried to wake his hyung up. “Hngg.” Sungmin answered as he struggled to make his eyes fully open. When he was fully awake, he quickly searched for Zhou Mi or for any signs of the said Chinese man. Luckily, he saw Zhou Mi's jacket on his chair. “Where's Zhou Mi?” The guitarist quickly asked.

 

“Umm, he went outside about fifteen minutes ago.” Ryeowook answered him. 'Oh ok. I only need to worry abo- oh my God, I completely forgot about Jongwoon! And oh my ing God, Ryeowook still has work! Why the hell did I even think this was a foolproof plan?' Sungmin inwardly cursed himself.

 

Wookie-ah, what time is it?” Sungmin tried to say without a trace of nervousness in his voice. “It's almost eight o'clock, hyung.” Ryeowook answered him again. 'Good. There's still time left to fix this mess.' Sungmin thought, relieved.

 

“Oh, ok. Wait, when did I fall asleep? Better yet, why the heck did I fall asleep?” Sungmin once again asked. Of course, he still needs to know why he fell asleep in an effing restaurant.

 

“Um, I think you were talking to a guy at another table awhile ago then you went back here and talked with Zhou Mi hyung. You guys gradually stopped talking and you fell asleep, I think.” Sungmin was asking him one question after another. Ryeowook was too patient with answering. That's a good trait.

 

“Oh. Thanks.” Sungmin replied gratefully. After a moment of comfortable silence, Sungmin suddenly said out of the blue, “Wook, I think you need a break, meet new people.” Ryeowook's hyung suddenly became serious. Ryeowook was taken aback by his hyung's statement.

 

“Sungmin-hyung, why would you think that I need a break? I think it's me that's supposed to tell you that, not the other way around.” Ryeowook replied a little hurriedly. Sungmin was feeling some tension. He searched for a possible reason for the tension.

 

'Ryeowookie, he likes being occupied with important things and things that require little social participation. He looked sad when the manager told him he wouldn't have the whole hours. Am I supposed to feel guilty now? But, making friends are important too, right? Okay Sungmin. You can do this. You can persuade your little Ryeowook.' Sungmin thought confidently.

 

Sungmin thought that Ryeowook was a teensy bit anti-social. He didn't have many friends, from Sungmin's perspective. 'I just want to help him make more friends. Incidents like that probably won't happen again. I want Ryeowook to open up more, not coop himself up. Past is past. Please forget about that, our dear Ryeowook.'

 

“Ok, ok. You're right that I need a break. But I'm not wrong about the fact that you need to meet new people. Let's make a deal, shall we?” Sungmin offered. “I take a break from work, I'll help you meet new people.”

 

That's fine, I guess.” Ryeowook accepted. “Good!” Sungmin said happily. “Ne, hyung. My break just ended. I'll talk to you later!” Ryeowook told him as he went back to the platform. 'That was easy. But the hard part is getting him out of work.'

 

Zhou Mi walked in, snapping Sungmin out of his thoughts on how he was going to get Ryeowook out from work. He was holding two paper bags in each hand.

 

The tall man quickly sat back in his chair. Sungmin was looking at Zhou Mi in a ridiculous way, as if he was asking him something. Zhou Mi in return raised his left eyebrow, like they were having a silent conversation. The guitarist shifted his gaze to the paper bags.

 

“Ah.” Zhou Mi finally broke the silent conversation. “Ryeowook was going to need clothes right? The moment I heard your plan, I knew the bad parts, like how you were going to get him clothes, how you were going to get him out of work. That's why I took the liberty of doing those. I talked to the manager, Ryeowook's gonna go down from there any minute now.” Zhou Mi really thinks things through.

 

Sungmin just blinked. And blinked. And blinked. “You are awesome.”, were the only words that came from Sungmin's mouth. Zhou Mi just smiled expectantly.

 

As if on cue, Ryeowook came down the platform. “Wookie-ah! You're on a break again?” Sungmin asked the pianist, even though he already knew the answer to that question.

 

“The manager told me that I have the rest of the night off. I don't know if this is good or bad, hyung.” Ryeowook told them. “Oh.” Zhou Mi suddenly felt guilty. Ryeowook was being uncertain, and he was somehow the cause of this.

 

“Anyways, since you have the night off, why don't you make the rest of it?” Sungmin cheerfully said when he was starting to feel guilty vibes radiating off of Zhou Mi.

 

“Ah, it's ok. I don't have any plans for tonight. Why don't we just hang out?” Ryeowook tried to offer them. “Err, Wookie-ah, remember when we told you that we were gonna set you up? Yeah, well that's tonight.” Sungmin said sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head.

 

Ryeowook's eyes suddenly widened to size of saucers. “Zhou Mi hyung, Sungmin hyung, you were serious about that?” Ryeowook didn't believe that they will actually do that, let alone tonight.

 

The two just nodded their heads. Ryeowook just tsk-ed, knowing that he can't do anything to cancel this mess. “Okay, so who's my date?” Sungmin and Zhou Mi were shocked by his question.

 

“You're fine with it?” The two couldn't believe that Ryeowook gave up without a fight. “I'm not fine with it, but it's not like I can stop you guys, you hyungs can be very persuasive sometimes. I'm just saving time.” Ryeowook put a lot of emphasizing on 'very persuasive'.

 

Upon hearing their dongsaeng's words, the two just smiled sheepishly. “Okay. But we're not going to tell you who your date is. It'll be a surprise~” Zhou Mi said playfully.

 

Ryeowook spotted the paper bags at the side of the table. “What's that for?” Ryeowook asked them innocently, his head tilted to the side. “Clothes! Good thing that you pointed that out! Come, come!” The handsome man led him into the bathroom to change. Zhou Mi was feeling too excited all of a sudden.

 

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

 

A/N I am somehow disappointed at this chapter. Mainly because the original version of this chapter and chapter five was deleted so I had to re-write this ;~~:  and I currently have no permanent device to update on so I re-wrote this in a hurry OTL forgive me people~

@mouj05: i hope the next chapters won't be bad to you because, what will happen next will probably make you readers hate me xD @awesomeninja771: Yes, I feel you. If I was the one reading the last chapter, I probably won't have anything to comment too xD I was listening to the song too awhile ago, haha. Reminded me of your comment xD @ELFishBunneh: Really? But I never tried to make Sungmin funny here. Haha. Thanks for commenting! <3

I don't think you can guess what will happen next.. Please expect the unexpected for my next chapter! And please don't hate me if you don't like the next chapter xD Follow me on @DominiqueDesu for updates :D 'Till the next chapter~