SEPTEMBER - Tao and Kris

Anywhere with You is Heaven

 

 

I'm gonna lose my mind. Kris thought as he walked through the school corridors, ensuring that everything is the way it should be in their department. He was distracted by the black haired boy trailing a little behind him. Tao attached himself to him since they became dorm mates. Going with him through his daily rounds and practically walking with him everywhere.

Everyone thought that Tao appointed himself as Kris’ bodyguard in return for saving him from the juniors last time but they don't know the truth. Tao was following him around because Kris is his newly appointed lackey. Or more like his babysitter.

Tao was always Duizhang please do this, Duizhang please do that, Duizhang come with me here, Duizhang let's go there. Kris could swear he is as manly as they come, if not manlier, but he can't seem to say no to the boy.

And Tao leaning into his ear and whispering his requests (well, orders really) was driving him crazy. Why can't he request (order) him like other normal people?

Not that other normal people actually order him around. He just had to move so close that Kris can feel his warm breath against his neck giving him the shivers. Much like what he's doing now.

"Duizhang, let's go to the mall later. I need to buy-"

Kris turned around to face him. Tao needs to stop doing that whispering thing. "I don't have time."

"But-"

"I said I don't have time. Ask your friends to go with you." He said firmly.

"But-"

"You have an older brother, right? Ask him to go instead."

"But-"

"I've got tons to do and I don't have time to go shopping with you again. All you do is walk around and it takes you hours before deciding on buying anything. No. I won't go." Kris said giving Tao his most intimidating look.

"Ok. Duizhang." Tao stepped back, his shoulders a little slumped. He turned away and Kris realized the boy was leaving.

"Wait, okay. But this is definitely the last time, you hear me?" He said and sighed inwardly. He had to hit himself. He almost got away but then he had to call Tao back. What's with him?

Tao came closer and smiled at him. Kris got stunned again. It's been happening frequently lately. It happens when Tao smiles at him after getting his way and making Kris feel that he did the right thing by agreeing. He really had to get his damned brain checked.

"Don't worry, Duizhang. We'll just be there a few minutes. I just have to buy some stuff for school." The younger boy said.

Now he was guilty for reprimanding him earlier. He can't object to anything that has to do with school. "All right. Just a few minutes, okay?"

 

 

 

They've been walking around for two hours.

Tao hid his grin as Kris grumbled about going shopping and about Tao misleading him about everything. He didn't actually lie about buying some school supplies because he did get some but he won't waste the time going there without a little shopping.

But for all of Duizhang's complaints, he was still there with him. He could easily just walk away and go home but he didn't. That's what Tao liked about him. He's always there.

He made it easy for him to adjust to his new school and surroundings. Being dorm mates helped a lot. Duizhang was always giving him pointers and advice. But what he really liked about him was he always took care of Tao.

Baekhyun-ge also takes care of him. But he was so innocent, so soft and small that Tao would feel the urge to care for him more and treat him as a little brother. Kris was different. He makes Tao feel... makes him want to feel protected by him. Plus, he was tall.

At first he kept on telling himself it was just Duizhang's height that he admired about the guy. But then he found out how a great leader he was. There were few who dare go against him. Not that they were afraid but more like they respected him a lot.

He always wears a cold expression; hardly any emotion crosses his face. He was always cool. Always so collected. That's why he keeps on provoking Kris. So far it hasn't worked. He is being a whiny and needy roommate who wasn't really like him in real life; he was a wushu god for chrissakes. But he just wanted to see it. See Duizhang let go and lose control.

Although he already found one weakness of his. He found out about it when he whispered to him a little closer one time and he felt him shudder with every word. He tried it again. And again. It was true. Duizhang has a sensitive spot just below his left ear.

Tao was too busy with his musings that it wasn't until he looked behind him that he realized Kris was not following him. He was being accosted by two guys, one of which was more aggressive as he was leaning close to Duizhang. Tao can see that Kris was being his usual stoic self but it still irritated him that he was doing nothing to discourage the guy from monopolizing him.

"Having fun, Duizhang?" Tao asked with a raised brow. The taller guy just answered him with a shrug which to Tao meant its not my fault I'm gorgeous. "Well, don't forget to invite me on your wedding."

He made a little salute and walked away. He was telling himself that he wasn't affected at all. That he wasn't jealous. Wushu gods don't get jealous. They get even.

Tao saw a tall boy by the store entrance checking him out. He was cute, probably two years or so older than him. He looked at him intently and as he expected he sauntered closer to him. Tao wanted to laugh more than he wanted to be seduced but he was making a point here. He's not too sure what point that is. But still.

The boy reached him and smiled, touching his arm much like how the other guy was touching Kris earlier. "Want to go with me?"

He was about to answer when he felt a hand on his back and Kris was suddenly beside him. "Sorry, it's a school night. He has to be home early. Maybe next time."

The boy looked from Tao to Kris and back again.

"Pity. But if ever you're free here's my number. Call me." He handed Tao a slip of paper. "Bring your friend."

Tao watched Kris watch the boy walk away. When he was some distance off, Kris turned back to him. He got the paper with the boy’s number, crumpled it and threw it in the trash with a frown.

"What's the matter, Duizhang? Not cute enough for you?" He asked innocently or he asked with as much innocence he can muster. Was this it? Was Kris finally gonna lose it?

But Tao was disappointed as he saw Kris face go back its normal look.

"If you're finished here, let's go home." The blonde guy said leaving Tao to follow him this time. Tao was wrong. This Duizhang didn't go back to his cold self. This Duizhang was colder.

 

 

 

 

Kris had to give his all to keep his cool.

Earlier, he just wanted to show off. The younger boy shows little regard for him as he drags him around everywhere. He just wanted Tao to know who he was dealing with. He was Leader. He was the most sought after guy in school, dammit. He was not a babysitter.

Then he saw the black haired boy encourage the attentions of an older guy and he wanted to do some dragging of his own. He wanted to lock the boy up and throw the key away. But then he realized he couldn't throw the key because he imagined himself inside the room with him. And how stupid and deranged is that?

Kris stared at himself at the mirror above the bathroom sink. He still looks the same but he felt older. He regretted asking Tao to be roommates. Well, he regretted it as soon as he spoke it but more so now. Living with him was trying his... control. No one's ever made him lose his cool before. And this kid was getting close.

He needed to set some rules. That's right. He needed to make it clear to Tao that he was not to be ordered and to be trifled around with. He was older for crying out loud. He marched to their room ready to talk the boy to submission. He saw him sitting on his bed, his back leaning on the headboard and his eyes closed.

"Zitao." He started, knowing the boy doesn't like to be called his real name. He waited for him to open his eyes but nothing. He came closer and called the boy's name again. "Zitao."

Still no reaction. Kris leaned over him and realized the boy was already asleep. He found himself staring at Tao's face. His usual fierce expression softened by sleep. He looked so much younger like this. And so beautiful.

Kris shook his head and sighed. Tao thwarted him once again. Fine. Maybe next time.

The boy's position couldn't be comfortable so Kris bent towards Tao again and cupped his head gently with one hand while sliding his body lower with the other. Tao mumbled a little but remained asleep as Kris was finally able to arrange him to a more comfortable position lying on the bed. He was about to take his hand from Tao's head when the boy rolled to his side, effectively trapping Kris' forearm beneath his neck.

His back was hurting from leaning in too long so Kris sat on the bed beside Tao thinking of how to free himself. He leaned over much closer this time, intending to lift the boy's head with his other hand and slide his arm free. But then he found himself face to face with the boy, just a few inches separating them.

He felt the boy's even breath ghost over his cheek and he felt an overwhelming urge to close the distance between them. His face went down closer to Tao's inch by inch until almost nothing separated their lips. Just one time, Kris promised himself. Just once.

Tao mumbled, "Duizhang." Their mouths so close that his grazed Kris' lips with the action.

The blonde boy stilled with the almost kiss. His body in turns turning hot and cold. What am I doing?

He pried himself away as gently as possible so as not to waken the boy but once free he quickly put as much distance between them as possible. He shouldn't be afraid that he's losing his mind anymore. He already lost it.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: A very long Baekyeol and a very short Taoris..:/
I just wanted to have Baekhyun make the move for a change...
so if you will notice, It's all about Baekhyun doing something for chapter 6.
Taoris was kinda meant for comic relief for this fic, i didn't expect them to be like this.. but once I started writing.. I couldn't stop...
But I love them both so yeah.. :)))
Just want to thank my new subscribers and readers and for the wonderful comments I've been receiving which I TOTALLY DON'T DESERVE..