AUGUST - Baekhyun and Chanyeol

Anywhere with You is Heaven

 

 

It's been more than five minutes since Baekhyun woke up but he still can't find it in him to get up. Not when his position gave him a nice view of the sleeping boy beside him. He watched as Chanyeol breathed evenly, his jaw a little slack. He found out that the boy couldn't really stay still even when asleep.

He already saw a myriad of expressions cross his face and he hates it the most when he sees Chanyeol frown, his hand itching to smoothen the lines that gather on his forehead. But then Chanyeol smiles again murmuring a few words and everything's okay.

The tall boy shifted to his side so now they were facing each other and Baekhyun had a better view. He couldn't believe they've just been roommates for a day. It was so easy talking to him.

"I really, really, really love you." Chanyeol mumbled in his sleep.

Who? Who do you love? Baekhyun thought accompanied by a pinch of envy for the person those sweet words were intended for. It must be wonderful to be loved by him.

Spurred by the thought that he may never have this chance again, Baekhyun huddled closer to Chanyeol's warmth. Risking waking the boy up, Baekhyun leaned his head against Chanyeol's chest and listened to his heartbeat. Maybe this was the reason why he wanted to be close to Chanyeol so much. Just this.

But when the sleeping guy threw an arm around him and buried his nose against Baekhyun's hair, he was puzzled because the first thing he thought was I missed you which was weird since they've been together all night.

And Baekhyun felt the wetness in his cheeks and realized he was crying. He tried to wipe a tear with one hand but it bumped into Chanyeol's arm. Fearing he woke him, Baekhyun looked up to find a very surprised looking Chanyeol, his eyes rounded and focused on his teary eyes. "Oh, my god!"

Chanyeol quickly scooted away and promptly fell from the bed with a loud thud. "I'm so sorry!"

The taller boy scrambled to his feet saying a hundred more I'm sorry's.

"Why?" Baekhyun asked as he sat on the bed. He was confused why Chanyeol kept on apologizing when it was actually him who needs to do it for going near him and waking him up.

"Because! I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm doing when I'm asleep. I didn't mean to take advantage of you!"

"Take advantage?"

"Yes. I'm sorry. I really am. Did I hurt you? Was I too rough?" Chanyeol asked worriedly.

"Uh, Can you tell me what you thought you did?"

"Didn't I force you into a hug? Do you have bruises?" Chanyeol started to walk closer to him but retreated again. "Do you hate me now?"

"Chanyeollie, calm down. One, you didn't hurt me. Two, you didn’t force me into a hug. Three, I don't hate you, okay?"

"But you were crying!" The tall boy said clearly still unconvinced.

"Uh, it was just... There was just something in my eyes. Don't worry about it." He reassured him.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol still looked anxious. Baekhyun couldn't bear to see him that way so he decided to tell the truth.

"Actually, I was the one who came closer and hugged you." He can feel his face heating up. Chanyeol looked shocked. "You were?"

"Yeah, I woke up and needed one. I just missed-" Baekhyun started to say.

"Of course! You miss your brother and your family! This was your first time away from Tao since coming here, right?"

Baekhyun was relieved with Chanyeol's interruption. Although Chanyeol's belief was way off, he latched on to it. Explaining something he himself doesn't understand was hurting his head. "Yes. I guess I just missed him."

"Hey, don't be sad. He's living not too far from here, isn't he? And he can come here any time he wants to." Chanyeol came closer. "But if ever you miss him again... and you need a hug... Uh, just tell me. I'll volunteer."

Baekhyun looked at his shy roommate feeling a little lightheaded. "Really? Anytime?"

"Yeah." He can see his friend flush a little. So awkward and so cute.

"I really miss him now." Baekhyun said. He knows it wasn't right but he just wants to.

"Well, then..." Chanyeol walked until he was directly beside the bed. He bent down a little and started to put his arms around Baekhyun who was still sitting down.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's waist and leaned again on the same spot his head was on earlier, just above Chanyeol's heart. Then it was his turn to say, "Thank you."

 

 

 

It was wrong to think it but Chanyeol wished Baekhyun would miss Tao again. Then he'll have an excuse to embrace Baekhyun one more time. He buried his face in his palm hoping it will help stop the blush he felt coming. Stupid, erted brain.

It was the first day of the semester, just three days after Baekhyun moved in. They were going to school together and to Chanyeol it was something he'd gladly do every day.

"I'm ready." Baekhyun said as he came out from their bedroom. He was jumping with every step to straighten the big backpack on his back. It was easily half his size.

Chanyeol looked at the shorter guy. "Do you want me to help you carry that?"

"No." Jump. "I." Skip. "Got." Skip. "It." Jump, jump. Chanyeol asked himself if it's possible to die from so much cuteness. Because if it is, he'll probably expire right then and there while watching Baekhyun and the bag.  

Finally, Baekhyun seemed satisfied with the backpack's position and stood near Chanyeol, smiling up at him. "Okay, let's go."

They walked towards the bus stop, Chanyeol pointing to some of the surrounding places so Baekhyun will be more familiar to the area. It was crowded when they arrived. A lot of office workers and students rushing off to school. Chanyeol stayed close to Baekhyun so he won't lose him in the crowd. The bus arrived and there was a hustle of people towards the entrance. They needn't really need to walk since they were already being pushed inside.

When they reached the stop near the school, they forced their way out and Chanyeol had to pull Baekhyun from the doors as his oversized bag got stuck with the squeeze of the passengers. He held on to the smaller boy's arms and pulled hard. The bag got dislodged and Baekhyun went flying straight to Chanyeol's arms.

"Uh, Sorry!" Baekhyun said as he tried to straighten up but the bag was heavy and his face seemed to be plastered to Chanyeol's chest.

Chanyeol's wish indirectly came true. His hands involuntarily held on to Baekhyun and were pulling the boy against him. Baekhyun managed to look up at him but he didn't pull away. And was he just imagining Baekhyun moving closer?

"Baekhyun-ah!" They both looked at the direction of the voice and Chanyeol finally realized that he was practically hugging his roommate in a public place. He stepped back just as Joonmyeon reached them. Behind him was Yixing wearing a friendly expression. "Hey."

"Hyung!" Baekhyun eagerly greeted him and gave a nod to Yixing.

"How's it going? I haven't seen you in a while." The older boy said holding Baekhyun's hand.

"It's been great. I was just busy settling in. I'm now dorming with Chanyeol."

Joonmyeon looked at Chanyeol and smiled. "Well, I hope you're taking care of my Baekhyunnie, here."

Chanyeol finally understood why Jongin dislikes Joonmyeon so much. He was perfection with his sweet smile, smooth complexion and expensive clothes. And his hand was holding Baekhyun's. "I am."

"That's great! May be sometime I can go-" Joonmyeon was cut off suddenly as Yixing held onto his shirt and pulled him to cross the street.

"Come on. Look." Yixing said pointing to the Walk sign which already turned green and dragging Joonmyeon.

"Uh, see you later!" The older guy called back then turned back to Yixing. "I'm walking now, you can stop dragging me!"

Yixing let go. "Why were you flirting with that kid anyway?"

They were now too far for Chanyeol to hear their bickering. He saw them elbow each other but somehow ended up holding hands. He heard Baekhyun laugh beside him while watching the two.

"Come on." Baekhyun told him. They started to cross the road when Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun's hand near his own. It was the prettiest hand he's ever seen, which isn't really surprising because everything about his roommate is pretty to him. He wanted to know what it felt like to link their fingers together and hold hands just like the couple ahead of them.

He lifted his hand towards the shorter boy's but hesitated as courage fled him. He was about to return his hand to his side when Baekhyun grabbed hold of it.

"Hurry!" The older boy said walking a little faster as they noticed that the walk sign was going to turn red soon.

Chanyeol was pretty sure he was smiling dopily and if Baekhyun would look at him he'll probably scare him off. His friend let go of his hand after they reached the other side. It was no more than five seconds but to him it was a forever kind of thing.

 

 

 

"I miss him so much." Sehun cried on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

Baekhyun watched as Kyungsoo patted the boy's head much like what a mother would do. They were sitting on the steps outside the Dance department. Kyungsoo was waiting for Jongin so they could go home together. Baekhyun would tag along at least up to the bus stop since Chanyeol already left for his agency to train.

"Sehunnie, Luhan lives just three blocks away from you. You could always go to him." Kyungsoo said.

"I know. But it's not the same. We don't go to the bubble tea place anymore. We rarely get to hangout." Baekhyun thought the kid looked like a sad puppy.

"Why? Where is Luhan?" Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo.

"Since he graduated last semester, he's received a lot of offers from different companies and agencies. He's been going through them to see which will be the best choice. So he's kinda busy right now." The big eyed boy explained.

Sehun straightened up. "And when he comes home, he's so tired. On weekends, I'd want to go out with him but I'd rather he sleep in just so he can make up for the week's late nights."

"That's actually sweet of you." Baekhyun said.

"I know." The light haired boy said sadly, returning to leaning on to Kyungsoo.

"It won't be forever. Soon Luhan would find a company that would suit him, and then he'll have more time with you."

"But hyung, isn't a trainee's life more hectic? Look at Chanyeol. He barely gets to hang out with us anymore, not like before." Sehun reasoned.

"You have a point but would you have it any other way?" Kyungsoo said with a raised brow.

"No. Of course, I'd support Luhan all the way. I'm just..." He sighed. "I miss him."

"Then instead of whining here, you could maybe pick him up from where he is. At least that's a little more time to spend together." Kyungsoo suggested.

"You're really smart, mom." Sehun said with a smile. He took out his cell phone and started to message Luhan.

Baekhyun thought Kyungsoo's idea was good, too. If you only have a few moments to spare wouldn't you want to spend every minute of it together with the one you love?

He was surprised though when he suddenly thought of Chanyeol. Chanyeol who he had known only for a few days. He couldn't really have Could he?

"Your highness! Complete with a ladies' maid and the royal pet." Jongin bounded to them. "And Baekhyun, you’re definitely the maid."

Sehun was still busy with his phone and didn't have time for Jongin.

"Let's go home." Kyungsoo told his boyfriend. "Sehun-ah, coming to the stop with us?"

"No. I'm picking up Luhan." Sehun waved them off with a happier smile.

Baekhyun walked just behind the couple. They were arguing again but each insult was interspersed with affection.

"One of these days, I'll get tired of you and your smart mouth and then I'll be the one to leave." Kyungsoo said.

"Aww. But then we'll have to pack my things too, princess. Because I'll follow you wherever you go." Jongin teased, the said mouth kissing the smaller boy's cheek.

"Then what's the point of me leaving?" Baekhyun can hear Kyungsoo's exasperation.

"Exactly." The dark skinned boy said smugly. Baekhyun smiled at the two of them. It was obvious that they love each other so much. They always go home together. It doesn't matter that they share a dorm and could see each other there.

Spend every minute you have together. Baekhyun thought that was nice.

 

 

 

Chanyeol was running and almost missed the bus ride home. He checked his watch. He really wanted to be home soon. His fellow trainees were surprised when he immediately dashed outside once the training was dismissed earlier because their trainer wasn't feeling well.

He didn't sit even though there were available seats inside, too keyed up to be still.

"Come on, come on." He said, urging the bus faster.

He already missed him after just a few hours apart. And Chanyeol was a little scared how much Baekhyun was becoming too important to him. Because if Baekhyun ever leaves... He shook his head. He won't. Didn't his roommate say that they'll be together on the next May 6?

He couldn't believe it but he was actually looking forward to the date. He was sure it won't be like last time because Baekhyun promised it won't.

The bus stopped and Chanyeol quickly descended. He started to sprint past a woman in pink and a boy leaning on a pole with a large backpack who looked exactly like-

"Baekhyun?" He turned back and saw that indeed, Baekhyun was there. The shorter boy straightened and gave him a little wave as he approached him.

"Hey."

"I thought you would be at home by now." Chanyeol said a little breathless from running. "Did you go someplace?"

"Uh, no. I was just here." Baekhyun answered, his eyes looking anywhere but him.

Puzzled, Chanyeol asked, "Why? Aren't you sure of the way back?"

He was pretty sure Baekhyun knew it already since they spent Sunday going around memorizing the area.

"No. I was... waiting for you." Baekhyun finally looked at him.

"Is there a problem?"

"There isn't. It's just... Nothing." The older boy shrugged.

"O-kay. Let's go home then." Chanyeol felt his heart lighten at the knowledge that Baekhyun was waiting for him. They were walking when he remembered it was just pure luck, or on his trainer's side bad luck, that he was able to come home early. "You were waiting for me? But I could have come home late."

"Yeah."

Chanyeol was getting confused by Baekhyun's short answers. "Are you sure there's no problem? Do you want to talk?"

"I'm sure, Chanyeol. There's no problem. It was just something Kyungsoo said." Baekhyun mumbled.

"What did he say?" He watched as Baekhyun reddened.

"Just something about every minute..." The short boy trailed off. "I just wanted to be with you."

With that Baekhyun walked faster leaving him stupefied and then grinning like an idiot. Again.

"I want to be with you, too." He whispered.