EXTRA CHAPTER - CHAPTER 14.1 - February - Baekhyun and Chanyeol

Anywhere with You is Heaven

 

Chanyeol was glad that Baekhyun wasn’t there yet when he reached their dorm. He would have time to prepare the take out he brought for the Valentine’s dinner they decided to spend at home. He had several DVDs sitting by the television--ranging from the romantic to the horrific—which Baekhyun could choose from. He also had Baekhyun’s favorite strawberry ice cream inside the freezer for dessert.  He hummed to himself as he set out to work on the food to calm down his nerves.

Truthfully, he was a little anxious to see Baekhyun after Sehun sent that video message to him. He winced as he remembered how tongue-tied he was and how jumbled and incoherent his words had been, even though what he had said there was the truth. Still, he was puzzled over the fact that Baekhyun had chosen him. Park Chanyeol, who was too tall, too clumsy, and too loud. Chanyeol, who was always awkward and unsure. How could Baekhyun ever think that Park Chanyeol deserved him, when Byun Baekhyun was perfect and wonderful? Chanyeol felt that even if he prepared a thousand valentine dinners and bought gallons of strawberry ice cream, it still wouldn’t be enough to make up for the happiness Baekhyun has brought in to his otherwise plain existence.

Baekhyun had occupied the empty spaces in his life and healed wounds he didn't know existed. He filled his cold dorm with warmth and made the four walls a place to come home to. Everything inside reminded him of Baekhyun. The sofa was where they would cuddle while watching a late night movie, where Chanyeol would place his head against Baekhyun's lap as the elder traced the side of his face and leaned down to kiss him on the forehead. The kitchen was where Chanyeol would wrap his arms around Baekhyun from behind and nuzzle him on the cheek while his boyfriend cooked him breakfast, where Baekhyun would turn around, return his embrace and kisses. It was also where Baekhyun would tease and poke at his sides as he washed the dishes, where they would play with the soap and make a bigger mess of things. The study table was where Baekhyun would tutor him in Math, where Chanyeol would bang his head on when he doesn't get a question right and where Baekhyun would rumple his hair as he patiently taught him again. The bed was where Baekhyun would hold him tight, where Chanyeol would feel that he was the luckiest guy on earth when Baekhyun lays his head on his chest and sings him a lullaby. It was where Chanyeol would tip Baekhyun's face up so he could place his lips on top of his in a kiss that would carry him through the night, through his dreams, until the morning comes when he'd be able to do it again.

And the rooftop was where they would stand together by the wall, where Chanyeol would feel that being beside Baekhyun was like having all of his wishes come true. This was where Baekhyun would tell him to look up and watch the stars with him and where Chanyeol would say that he doesn't need to because the brightest one was in his arms. This was where Baekhyun would say I love you against his lips and where Chanyeol's heart would reply I love you more.
He wondered again, as he placed the food on the low table in front of the sofa, how Baekhyun could ask for so little when he had given Chanyeol so much. Would his boyfriend really be contented with spending their first Valentine's day like this? Should he have prepared something more like what Sehun did for Luhan at the park? Either way, it was kind of too late to do anything more because Baekhyun would be home soon.

Baekhyun was almost out of breath from running after he received Chanyeol's video message. His only thought was to get to the dorm quickly. He didn't know what he'd say nor what he would do once he got there, but he felt it was imperative to see Chanyeol as soon as possible. He did not expect Chanyeol to do something so profoundly sweet for him. He was still reeling from the memory of his boyfriend's words even though Baekhyun thought some of them were a little silly.

Thank you because there are a million others who are better out there but you... you chose Park Chanyeol. And how lucky is that?

It was Baekhyun who was lucky that Chanyeol chose him. Didn't he know how wonderful he was? Didn't he know how he took Baekhyun's breath away every time he smiled at him? Didn't he know how hard his heart clenched inside his chest and how he’s filled with a heady thrill whenever Chanyeol said his name?

When he was with Chanyeol, he was home. He forgot the troubles and the visions that have been plaguing him from time to time. The painful images were replaced by memories of Chanyeol's laughter, his deep, soothing voice and his embraces. He always did things that made Baekhyun fall more hopelessly in love with him every second of every day. Baekhyun thought that nothing he ever said or ever did came close to what Chanyeol made him feel with his words and actions. Chanyeol has always made Baekhyun want to hold on to him and never ever let go.

His hand reached out to open the door to their dorm. Baekhyun was suddenly nervous because what if he broke down? What if he started tearing up even before he was able to tell Chanyeol how happy he made him today? He closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath. He was being emotional, he knew, but he couldn't help it. Not when it was Chanyeol, the one who was all he ever really wanted. He quietly came in and the first thing he saw was Chanyeol's back as he stood by the couch. Dishes were painstakingly arranged on the low table beside him. Sensing his presence, Chanyeol started to turn around but Baekhyun was already wrapping his arms around Chanyeol from behind, resting his cheek against his back and tightening his embrace when he felt Chanyeol place his hands on top of his. "Thank you," Baekhyun said softly, closing his eyes and savoring the moment.

Baekhyun felt the taller boy shift and turn. They were now face to face and Chanyeol was cupping his cheek with one hand as he drew him closer with the other. He stood on tiptoe and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's neck, his hand sliding to the back of Chanyeol's head to bring his face closer to his. "I love you," he said a little breathlessly and then brushed his lips softly against Chanyeol's, making his heart clutch once again with the wonder and magic of it all. He pulled back, let his eyes travel across his boyfriend's face before he closed them and kissed Chanyeol again, harder this time, his hands pulling tighter to make the connection last longer, forever.

Chanyeol took several steps backward, bringing Baekhyun with him until they were on the couch with Baekhyun straddling Chanyeol’s lap, their mouths still clinging to each other. His hands slid down Baekhyun's back, lips pressing against his and moving impossibly closer. Chanyeol involuntarily shivered as Baekhyun leaned even closer to Chanyeol, pressing him back on the couch, wanting to savor more, to touch more, to feel more. He wanted more of Chanyeol and he wanted all of him. In one hesitant move, he traced Chanyeol’s lip with his tongue before touching their tongues together. Pressing down on the taller boy with his weight filled him with heat that he didn’t know was possible. It made him dig his fingernails against Chanyeol's shoulders. He could feel the other's heart pounding as loudly where their chests met.

Baekhyun pulled back a little to come up for air. He cradled Chanyeol's face, finding there a dazed look he must be wearing himself. He wanted to remember this moment, wanted to remember the way he felt and tasted, soft and sweet.

"It isn't true," Baekhyun spoke hoarsely. "There are no millions of others who are better. Park Chanyeol is the best for Byun Baekhyun." He ran his thumb across his boyfriend's cheekbone. "And I'm the lucky one because you chose me." He kissed him on the forehead. "My Chanyeol is the awesomest," he placed a kiss on the bridge of the taller boy's nose, "the most wonderful," a kiss on the tip of the nose, "the most amazing," a kiss on the side of his mouth, "the most perfect person for Baekhyun." He opened his mouth to say more but then Chanyeol’s mouth was there, capturing his words and drowning him with pleasure as his lips moved over Baekhyun's.

It took several minutes before they parted again and Baekhyun rested his head against the crook of Chanyeol's neck, trying to calm the turbulent emotions racing through him. He asked himself again if it would always be like this, if he would always feel like this. "I love you. I won't tire of saying it," he softly whispered.

"I love you, too." Chanyeol traced his hand lazily against Baekhyun's back and placed light kisses against the side of his neck, shifting him on the sofa. "I wish I could have prepared more for today--"

"You couldn't have made it more perfect." Baekhyun burrowed his head closer against Chanyeol’s. "But is it true what Jongin told me earlier? Do you love me just like this? Me, like this... am I enough to make you happy? Because you make me so happy and--"

He felt Chanyeol smile against his temple. "You shouldn't even be asking me that." Chanyeol held on to his arms and straightened Baekhyun up so he could look into his eyes. "Because there are a gazillion of reasons why I love you and we'd be sitting here forever if I enumerated them all."

Baekhyun pressed their foreheads together. "Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being you." He hugged him again, hiding his watery eyes against the taller boy’s shoulder.

To lighten up the mood Chanyeol teasingly spoke. "Maybe we should eat now because the food is cooling. It took a lot of effort to cook all those."

“Yes, thank the chef of the restaurant for me.” Baekhyun chuckled. "Chanyeol, let's stay like this for a little while," he said quietly.

“Okay.” Chanyeol settled him more comfortably against him. "Happy Valentine’s, Baek."

"Happy Valentine's."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

an: yes. I added the missing valentine chapter for baekhyun and chanyeol.. /o\
this is because of too much feels that I couldn’t contain..lol jk
actually it’s for avi who fills my dash and my tline with baekyeol \o/
stella who thinks I’m a good author (what makes u think so, idek)
for the 8 people (only knows sparkplugz particularly orz) who up voted this fic..lol
and for the subs who didn’t unsubscribe even after this was finished…
also I reached over a thousand subbies on my fics and well.. That’s nothing compared to others but im still grateful..
so yeah. I hoped u like this extra chapter..
 
thanks frances for beta-ing
 
and to the subs of my new fic THEN CAME YOU thanks! iloveyouguys~