AUGUST - Baekhyun and Chanyeol

Anywhere with You is Heaven

 

Chanyeol was pacing in front of the door for the past two hours. He'd been awake since dawn to straighten up his dorm, preparing for when Baekhyun will arrive. He moves in with Chanyeol today.

Distracted by the thought, he stopped pacing and just smiled dopily. When he found out that the black haired boy was Baekhyun's brother, it was all he could do not to dance a jig in front of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. He was pretty sure he creeped them out with his grin. He tried to control it but his face muscles (and his heart) were not cooperating.

When you find out that the person you're in love with is free... what do you do?

Honestly, Chanyeol didn't know. From the moment he met Baekhyun, it has always been his instincts taking over. When the performance ended, his feet just instinctively ran to find Baekhyun. When they bumped into each other and Baekhyun fell atop him, his arms just instinctively went around the smaller boy. When he first heard Baekhyun sing, his heart just instinctively loved him.

But he can't rely on just his instincts. If he wants Baekhyun to love him back he has to do something.

Chanyeol already thanked God, the moon, the stars and everything else up there in the sky for giving him this chance. He can't botch this up. He reached up and touched his angel pendant for good luck. He'll need it.

Just then someone knocked on the door and Chanyeol took a deep breath to calm his nerves. He pasted a smile on his face and went to open it. He was expecting to see Baekhyun at the other side but what greeted him was the black-haired boy carrying a big cardboard box and looking at him from head to toe, judging him with his perusal.

"Move aside, big guy." The boy said. And despite Chanyeol's slight advantage in height, he stepped back, quite afraid of the boy's muscled arms and glare.

"Zitao, your manners please!" Chanyeol heard Baekhyun's voice behind the tall kid. Zitao entered the dorm followed by Baekhyun who was also carrying a box, his brown tuft of hair the only thing visible from behind it. Chanyeol quickly moved to help him.

"Hi! I'm sorry for my brother's rudeness. By the way Chanyeol, he's Zitao." Baekhyun said while pointing to his brother. "Zitao, this is Park Chanyeol."

"It's Tao." The boy just looked at him and remained in his place in the middle of the room.

"I'm glad to meet you." Chanyeol said awkwardly trying to make up for Tao's silence.

"Don't mind him. He’s just going through a phase." Baekhyun said with a glare at his brother. "Uhm, so where do we put these?"

"Right! Follow me." The three of them went to the bedroom. He hoped he cleaned it enough. "Well, here it is."

Tao entered the room and looked around. "I suppose it will do."

Baekhyun walked towards Tao and pinched his brother's stomach. "It would do just great."

Chanyeol saw Tao flinch a little. "Gege, that hurts!"

"Oh, Wushu gods get hurt? Then stop acting weird." Baekhyun sounded annoyed but then he patted the place he pinched. "And it didn't really hurt. You're such a baby."

There were two things that Chanyeol realized from the short exchange between the two brothers: One, Baekhyun was complete putty with his brother and two, Tao was a wushu god. He smiled at the first and got nervous at the second. He doesn't really know what wushu entails but it sounds painful.

"I'll just help carry the other box here and I'll leave for my own dorm, okay?" The tall boy said.

"Okay. But are you sure you don't want me to help you move in, too?" Baekhyun asked.

"Baekhyun-ge, I can do it on my own. I'm nine-"

"Nineteen. I know. Alright, just call me if you need anything." Baekhyun went to unpack the big box his brother carried earlier.

Chanyeol was surprised though when on his way out of the room Tao stopped by him and said, "Can you help me with the other one?"

"Uh, sure!" He answered. They went to the living room but just as Chanyeol were bending down to lift the box, Tao spoke.

"My Baekhyun-ge is the best brother in the world. He's kind, loving and protective. He's smart but he's also very innocent." He paused and looked into Chanyeol's eyes. "Now, I'm younger but I'm also protective of my brother. And as you heard, I'm a wushu god."

"Yeah." Chanyeol gulped.

"And the thing with wushu gods is that we have wushu sticks. So if you ever try anything funny with my gege, let's just say it will be painful." The young boy threatened.

"I understand." Chanyeol answered. His thoughts about wushu confirmed.

"Good thing you drink milk or that's one more point against you." Tao said as he lifted the box himself with ease, needing no help at all.

He doesn't really get the milk part or how the boy knew he does drink it but he sure understood about the kid's protectiveness over Baekhyun. If he was Baekhyun's brother, he'll definitely act the same way. Although he was glad they weren't because his feelings weren't really brotherly. Not at all.

But for all Tao's fierceness, he saw how he is with Baekhyun and he actually reminded Chanyeol of Sehun. He was really just a kid.

Not long after and with a last threatening glare at him, Tao left for his dormitory. And Chanyeol realized that he and Baekhyun were alone. He needed something to do with his hands as they were fidgety so he offered to help the shorter boy unpack.

"There's no need. There are really just a few items and clothes here." Chanyeol watched Baekhyun take out his things, some books and a few clothes. It was nice to see the other boy walk to and fro the closet while humming.

"By the way, my bed will be delivered tomorrow so it might be a little crowded here by then." Baekhyun said apologetically after some time.

"No problem. But if you're bed's gonna be here tomorrow, you'll have nowhere to sleep in tonight."

"Oh, that's alright. I can either just sleep on the floor, I do have beddings, or I can just sleep on the sofa." Baekhyun explained with a smile.

"But that's uncomfortable." Chanyeol frowned in thought. "Just sleep with me."

Baekhyun stared at him and he realized what he said. "Uh, what I meant was let's sleep together... er, in my bed." Chanyeol saw Baekhyun redden but it was obvious the boy was stifling his laughter. "I meant just sleep!"

 

 

 

Baekhyun was trying to hold in his laughter as he looked at Chanyeol being flustered. He was cute when he's stuttering or when he's embarrassed or... well, he's cute all the time.

"I know. But I'm not gonna take up your bed space. Besides, it’s only one night."

"I can't let you sleep on the floor or on the sofa. That's no way to welcome you here." Chanyeol answered him with a slight frown. His dimples deepening with the action.

"It's okay, really." He was touched at how the taller boy seems to think so much of his comfort. "I'm a trooper. I can sleep anywhere."

"So then you can sleep in my bed." Chanyeol said stubbornly.

"But..." He started to say but Chanyeol shook his head.

"No more buts. My bed's big enough." The taller boy stood up and held out his hand to him. "Come on. I'll take you to my favorite part of the dorm."

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol's hand. There was a flash, an image, a vague memory of hundreds of times the same hand was held out to him. Slowly, he took it.

Chanyeol pulled him up and let go once he was standing. And then the vision was gone. Baekhyun wondered what that was but was distracted when Chanyeol ushered him outside their dorm room and up three flight of stairs.

They came out on the open roof top. Chanyeol walked to the center and spread his arms wide excitedly. "This is the best place in the world."

He couldn't help but smile at the other's enthusiasm. The cool air was blowing gently at Chanyeol's wild mane and he looked so happy. Baekhyun was glad to be part of that grin.

"You haven't seen anything yet." Chanyeol walked towards one of the walls which reached up to his chest. Baekhyun stood next to him and looked. The view was amazing. The building tops a perfect backdrop for the setting sun.

"This is great." He said. Baekhyun watched Chanyeol place both of his arms above the wall and rest his chin on them, looking like a fascinated little kid. As much as Baekhyun wanted to do the same, the wall reaching Chanyeol's chest means it reaches Baekhyun's chin. He laughed at his short coming.

Chanyeol glanced at him and noticing his predicament said, "Wait here."

He came back a moment later bearing a stack of magazines and placed it on the floor beside Baekhyun. "You can stand here."

Embarrassed but grateful, Baekhyun stood on top of the magazines and assumed the same pose as Chanyeol, who smiled at him. "Better?"

Baekhyun just nodded and turned his head to watch the sunset, enjoying the companionable silence.

"I come here when I'm stressed with training and I just want to relax." Chanyeol said after a while. "Or when I'm sad."

The taller guy said the last bit in a hushed tone that Baekhyun almost didn't hear it.

"Sometimes I feel that I'm not good enough. There are a lot of talented people in the agency I'm with and I always feel that I have to work harder to be the best. I go here to clear my mind." Chanyeol sighed and almost hesitantly he added, "There's also... There's one day every year that I come up here to escape."

He looked at Chanyeol who had a faraway look. "Escape what?"

"The loneliness. Every year, at one particular day, I feel this... this unbelievable pain in my chest. I just wake up crying. And what's more sad is that I never really know why." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, probably trying to make him understand better. "It's confusing really. I get so down but I'll be perfectly normal the next day. Then I spend 364 days dreading when that day arrives next because the cycle repeats itself again."

Baekhyun felt bad. He wants Chanyeol to be happy for all the 365 days of a year.

"You probably think I'm weird." The taller boy said with an awkward smile.

"No, you’re not weird." He answered. You're wonderful.

"Well, at least you'll know to stay clear from me every 6th of May."

"When?" Baekhyun thought he heard wrong. The 6th of May?

"May 6."

"But-" The shorter boy started.

"But?" Chanyeol looked at him curiously.

"That's my birthday."

"Really? Well, that's... uh." Chanyeol looked away. There was a pregnant silence after that.

"I was adopted." He blurted for a lack of anything to say. Since Chanyeol told him something important he thinks he should share something important about him, too.

He watched as Chanyeol turned to look at him again, surprise written on his face.

"Zitao found me on the beach. The doctor said I have amnesia that's why I don't remember anything before that at all. It was... He found me May 6."

Baekhyun took a breath, remembering all the events that happened since that day four years ago. "They took someone like me in without knowing anything about me. They gave me a home complete with a grandma, a father, a mother and a baby brother. It's pretty amazing, right?"

"Anyone will do the same. If I was the one who found you, I'd also take care of you and love you forever." Chanyeol almost absently patted his head but his fingers ended up brushing Baekhyun's hair from his forehead.

Forever. Chanyeol's deep voice promising love and forever. He heard it before. Let's make this last forever.

"Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun shook his head to dispel those impossible thoughts.

"It’s getting late. Let’s go back inside." Chanyeol straightened from the wall.

Baekhyun was glad for the added height from the magazines as he put his arms around the taller boy's shoulders and hugged him. "Chanyeol? This is for the past May 6's that you were lonely. Let's make the next a happy one, okay?"

Baekhyun felt Chanyeol nod. "Thank you."

 

 

 

"Uh, which side do you want?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun who was beside him. Both of their eyes fixed on the bed.

"Either side is fine, really." The shorter boy answered.

"Can I sleep here?" He pointed to the side closest to the door.

"Okay." Baekhyun walked to the other side of the bed. "Shall we turn off the lights?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Okay." Baekhyun slid under the covers as Chanyeol sat on the bed. He watched as Baekhyun lay on his side and faced the wall, away from him.

He didn't know what kind of idiotic brain he has for suggesting that they should sleep together. In one bed. The bed he thought was big enough but now seems so small. Earlier he thought he was being gallant by offering to share it with Baekhyun. But now he realized that sharing a bed means lying beside each other no more than a few inches apart. And the thought makes Chanyeol hyperventilate to say the least.

He slowly lay down by the edge of the bed, as far away as possible from the warm body beside him.

"Goodnight, Chanyeol." Baekhyun whispered from behind him.

"Goodnight." He said. He tried, he really did, not to look at his roommate one last time before going to sleep. But he found himself turning to get a glimpse.

Baekhyun's back was to him. His body softly silhouetted by the moonlight coming in from the bedroom windows. He watched the even rise and fall of Baekhyun's shoulders telling Chanyeol that the boy already fell asleep. Seeing him lie peacefully there calmed his pounding heart.

Heaven. Chanyeol thought as he drifted off. Heaven.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So I promised that this chapter would be fluffy but i guess it did not turn out the way I imagined it..
Hope you still stick with me until the next chapters.. happier ones to be sure..:)))
Will try to update again this weekend.. just so exhausted from my Baekyeol feels..XD
AND OMG.. thanks for ALL the comments and the words of support! <333