Chapter 5

Noona, I Love You

 

CHAPTER 5

It’s officially a day for Chanyeol as photographer at the school to capture many cherish moments as he would include in school magazine or share with friends on the reserved board.

He walks around with his camera hanging on his neck. He replies with a smile if someone asked him what’s the function of camera. He stops his walk when he heard sound of piano is playing in a corner room. If he’s not mistaken, it’s a room for orchestra’s students to practice.

He takes a peek to see who’s inside and smile forming on his face when he knew the person who is playing the piano.

Seohyun was focused playing piano that she doesn’t realize Chanyeol was capturing her pictures. He pauses before steps back. He doesn’t want to disturb her moments. She seems peaceful in front of piano than practicing martial arts with her fellow members.

“I didn’t even know Seohyun noona knows how to play piano. She’s radiant like a pure light.” Chanyeol spoke to himself before capturing a few students who is diligent practicing ballet.

********************************

Chanyeol excuses himself at the class. He really needs to go to the toilet but his action stops mid-way when he heard sound of fighting. He finds the sources of voice and end up at the small room outside school compound. There, a weak male student is being kick by several students, which Chanyeol assumes is senior.

Chanyeol decides to call teacher nearby but he can’t bear to see the victim got abused so he raises his voice so the bully will turn their attention towards him instead.

“Oh, you’re trying to be a hero here huh? Get lost!” He assumes the leader is mocking him. He approaches them with fierce look.

“I’m trying to help a helpless friend. Let him go or I swear I would punch you right on the face.” Chanyeol said with hoarse voice.

They laugh at him before one of them is trying to throw a punch on him. He dodges it and pushes one of them instead to the corner wall.

They’re fighting until Chanyeol is defenceless. He keeps being kick on the stomach or either his backbone.

His side mouth is bleeding and he can’t open his eyes as he bears the pain.

All the kick is stop when one loud voice roaming around the room. All he knew next is Suho is carrying him to infirmary and being excused until the class ended.

******************************************

By the time he opens his eyes, D.O face appears with worry look. He was taken aback by closer their face are.

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol said in loud voice. He’s trying to get up before mouthed ‘pain’.

D.O can’t help but laughing. “You’re still can talk loud, huh? Why are you fighting bad boys at the first place?”

“I was trying to help, okay? Is he okay?” He’s referring to a boy he save back then.

“Oh, Sungjong? He’s fine now. He said thanks to you and would give you a basket of fruits as a gift. You are such a lucky guy!” D.O grins.

Chanyeol confused. “Lucky?” ‘Why am I so lucky? I thought my arm is broken.’

“Suho hyung and Luhan hyung who are passed by the hallway heard sound of people’s fighting and cursing. They’re immediately goes toward the scene and watching you get beaten up. Luhan hyung is furious and kicked all of them until they’re barely moving. Suho hyung is the one who brought you here. He swears he’s going to punish those students because beaten his favourite junior.”

“Fav – favourite junior? Me?” Chanyeol points his finger towards himself.

D.O nods before gathering all Chanyeol’s thing in backpack. The nurse said you could go home if you’re already awakened. We’re going to be late or your favourite show would end.”

Chanyeol is trying to get up with D.O’s help. He ties his shoelace before walks out from the infirmary.

The hallway is quiet and only a few students are lingering around hallway. Both of them walk slowly while chatting as usual. Their chatting was abruptly stopped when Chanyeol is staring at the front gate of school.

Seohyun who is puffing hot air through feels like someone is watching her. She turns back and smiles softly at both of them.

“Hey!” She greets them. Mostly, she gives her attention towards Chanyeol who is still having bandage on his left arm and his forehead. She approaches them before taking Chanyeol’s backpack from D.O’s grasp.

“Urm, noona…” D.O was stuttering when he saw her sudden action.

“It’s okay, D.O. You’re holding a set of painting sets and it’s hard to hold Chanyeol’s backpack at the same time, right?”

D.O have to admit that fact. It does hard. Unconsciously, he nods his head. She smiles before walking together with them as Chanyeol is between two of them.

“Noona, why are you waiting for me?” Chanyeol asked her. She looks at him with confusion look.

“Waiting for you? I didn’t say that.” D.O is smiling but he’s facing the other way while Chanyeol is already blushing.

Stupid! That’s not the question that I want to ask from her.’

“I’m waiting for Luhan exactly but it’s getting tired waiting for 1 hour but he didn’t show up.” Seohyun explains the real matter. Chanyeol feels down. It much hurt than get beaten by a few students.

Seohyun realized his gloomy face and trying to enlighten the mood. “But I can walk with you home, right? How’s your arm?”

“It’s getting better if I take a rest at home for few days.” ’A lie I shouldn’t said’

D.O was surprised with his statement. ‘I didn’t know about that. Am I misheard nurse’s word?’

Somehow, Seohyun feels a bit down when she heard that. That’s mean she’s not going to see him for a few days. It’s not like he’s going to quit school, right?

“Are you okay, noona?” Chanyeol asked. He’s trying to be bright.

Seohyun nods. “I’m fine. Bye-bye D.O. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She waves at him after he departed from them since they’re arrived at his house first.

Both of them stays silent. Neither of them have topic to talk. Chanyeol decides to break the wall between them by talking about his photograph club.

“Noona, thanks to you that our club is getting attention from other students.”

“Really? How’s that?”

“I put up a few pictures with a short caption under it. We’re also decorated the board so it would be alive next to Art Club and Mathematic and Science Club.”

“That’s great! If I have time, I would make sure I would pass by your club board. By the way, Suho and Luhan send regard to you. They’re sorry for not visiting you at the infirmary.”

“Noona, I have a question to ask. Did Luhan beats the gang by himself?”

Seohyun chuckles. “I assume. Suho also kicks one of their butts before carried you to infirmary. Too bad I wasn’t at the scene. I heard it from my classmates.”

Chanyeol nods before grinning. “I thought Luhan hyung is hating me.”

“Because of what? I don’t think you ever make him mad.”

“It’s man thing, noona. You wouldn’t understand even if I told you. Thanks noona for sending me home. I would see you in a few days, I hope.” He waves at her before enters the house.

Seohyun still thought about his word just now. ‘Man thing?’ She walks away with confusion look. Chanyeol is watching her until she’s gone from his sight.

Noona, I don’t know from your eyes but I can see it from Luhan hyung’s face that he doesn’t like me for being closer to you. He saw me as a rival but I can’t help myself for thinking back why he’s helping back then? Maybe because of sympathize or no reason? Anyway hyung, thanks a lot.’