Competition

The Pages Of Spring

"Hwang Soojung, gwenchana? You've got seriously dark circles under your eyes."

Soojung's head tilted from left to right- practically asleep. Her long hair shrouding her face from the bright sunlight that peered in through the classroom window. Many of her classmates were simply talking amongst themselves, a few amongst them, like her, were catching up on some much needed sleep.

In front of her, looking at Soojung with worry is a music major, Lee Minhyuk. One of Soojung's many admirers.

"I was proof reading my paper about photosynthesis," Her voice raspy from just waking up after her short nap.

"I kept on having to repeat it, since I kept falling asleep. I even tried drinking coffee to stay awake."

How anyone could willingly drink that bitter substance, she had no idea. Just the thought of it bothered her, the aroma was enticing indeed but once she took a sip; she would spit it out in the sink, her expression filled with displeasure after the drink left a horrible after taste in .

"Did you finish?"

"Do you think I did, Lee Minhyuk?" The student questioned, as she stretched her arms and yawned in the process, leaving Minhyuk time to think.

"Ani. But that's okay, it's not due yet," When he saw her confused face, he smiled warmly at her, his heart thumping wildly.

"The deadline.. is tomorrow, Hwang Soojung."

Minhyuk watched her carefully, searching for any signs of anger, Soojung being Soojung showed none despite the frustration that she wanted to release as quickly as possible.

"You.. Minhyuk-ssi, you are joking right?" As a response, the other simply patted her head.

Good thing there's physical education class today, she thought.


"Yaah~ Hwang Soojung, that was seriously amazing! I've never seen a girl do so well in american football, it's like you weren't even afrid of injuring yourself."

Now feeling content with her emotions, Soojung went back to her demure manner.

"I am not aware of what you are saying, I was simply making sure that I excelled in that class too. I wasn't angry."

"Did I say you were?" Minhyuk chuckled. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Lee Minhyuk." 

"Yeah."

Soojung begun to walk away as she heard him call for her, she stood still, not bothering to turn around.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Ani. Mianhaeyo."

"You become so hostile when this topic appears."

"Miahneyo." She continued walking to class.

"Gwenchana, you've already turned me down thirty-seven times. I'm hoping you'll agree before the forty-fifth." Minhyuk smiled and quickly headed to his class on the other side of the building.

Soojung who was just around the corner, frowned.

"Babo. You should have given up by now."