Reckless

Insecurities

“Sorry, I need to go, can you pack things up? I’m really sorry!”

She sighed, “It’s fine. I can clean everything up. Get going.”

“Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I’ll see you later!”

With a grunt, she turned the table upside down and packed it up. To her left, a pack of girls were flirting with the guys that were supposed to be helping them take everything down. Rolling her eyes, she picked up the heavy table by herself and stumbled over to the rack by herself, much too stubborn to “flirt” her way into acquiring a helping hand. Feeling the sharp edge of the metal underneath the table cutting into her hand, she bit her lip in pain, wincing slightly, no choice but to just keep moving since there wasn’t anywhere else she could effectively put her hands to carry the table by herself. She sighed in relief when she was able to slide the table onto the rack.

“Hey, let me give you a hand,” one of the guys finally noticed, carrying another table over, pushing the one she had carried over onto the rack.

“Oh, thanks,” she mumbled insincerely before going back to grab her stuff so she could get going too. Just as she was about to grab her bag, she noticed a smear of blood at the edge of her index finger. She turned both her palms upward and groaned at the array of scratches the table had inflicted on her.

She didn’t have time for this.

In a rush, she did her best to juggle all the stuff she had packed up without getting blood on it as she ran out to catch the subway to the music show. Checking her watch, she sighed in relief to see she was still early. She blew at her wounds, hoping the cuts would at least close up so she wouldn’t be bleeding everywhere. As she ran out of the subway, she passed a convenience store. Stopping in her tracks, she turned around and smiled as she bolted into the store in search of a little snack for B.A.P and their staff. As she found a pack of choco pie, she happened to overhear a conversation between two high schoolers in the aisle behind her.

“Oh my gosh, are you excited for B.A.P’s performance today?”

“Yes! I can’t wait to see what they do this time!”

“DaeHyun-oppa is sooooo hot!”

“No way, have you seen YoungJae-oppa recently? His jawline is just…ugh!”

“Yeah, but I heard rumors YoungJae-oppa has a girlfriend.”

“Whatever. I bet I’m much prettier than her~”

“Stop that! You have a boyfriend already!”

“I know~ Which makes me all the more qualified to be YoungJae-oppa’s girlfriend than whoever she is! I bet I’m 10 times cuter than her~”

The two of them giggled as they continued gossiping to the counter to pay for their things.

She looked down at her scratched up hands and sighed. With a forced smile, she paid for the choco pies and thanked the cashier before running to the music show. Like a ninja, she snuck through the back past the eagle eye fans to get into the waiting rooms. YoungJae had given her backstage pass so that security would let her in.

“NOONA!”

She squeaked slightly as Zelo immediately tackled her right as she walked through the door.

“You made it!” JongUp greeted, bowing slightly to her.

She rolled her eyes playfully at them and handed them the choco pie she brought.

“Wah! Noona! I love you so much!” Zelo cheered, tearing through a pack after thanking her.

“JunHong!” YongGook scolded for his rude behavior. The magnae flinched at the voice, frozen in his spot with the choco pie almost in his mouth already. He looked down in shame before offering it to her first. She smiled weakly with a shake of her head.

“I don’t like chocolate.”

“Noona is so strange…” Zelo commented half-heartedly as he shoved the whole thing in his mouth. No one noticed her tense ever so slightly at the comment as the rest of them thanked her and passed the treat around to all the dancers, managers, stylists, etc.

“You know…it’s because you keep bringing us treats like this that we’re gonna get fat,” YoungJae chuckled, throwing his arm around her shoulder as he took the one out of DaeHyun’s hand and shoved it in his mouth.

“Yah! Yoo YoungJae!” DaeHyun whined. He would have thrown a fit if not for HimChan shoving another one in his mouth to shut him up.

“If you don’t want it, then I can take it back,” she grumbled, reaching out to grab it.

“NO!” DaeHyun cried out, mouth full of choco pie, covering the treats with his body. YongGook sighed and shook his head. It’s a miracle the boy doesn’t gain weight what with all the food his fans buy him…

While the rest of B.A.P laughed at DaeHyun’s behavior, YoungJae looked down at his girlfriend with a questionable look. Sure, she was known for her sarcastic attitude and always liked to threaten to take things she brought for them back, but she didn’t quite have the normal spunk she usually exhibited.

“JongUppie! I made you guys teaaaa~!” cheered JongUp’s girlfriend as she skipped in with a tray of hot tea.

“Ah!”

JongUp’s eyes widened as he watched his girlfriend trip over an un-taped wire. He quickly ran forward and caught her before she fell. Out of reflex, YoungJae’s girlfriend tried to catch the tray before it could spill on the ground. She was mostly successful except that all the cups had fallen over and the contents spilled over the edge of the tray, burning her fingers which were already covered in cuts from earlier.

She quietly cried out in pain as she put the tray down and immediately shook her hands as if it would help to shake the pain away once she was no longer holding it.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! Oh my gosh, Unnie, are you okay? I’m so sorry, Unnie!” the troublemaker apologized in a panic as she tried to help out. YoungJae grabbed her wrist and ran out of the room to the bathroom.

“Y-YoungJae, this is-” She tried to argue as he charged into the girls’ bathroom and ran her hand under cold water. She squeaked out of surprise at the stinging sensation the water was inflicting on her cuts. He stared down at her hands with wide eyes, finally noticing why she was in so much pain.

“When did you get these? Why didn’t you tell me?!” he demanded, holding both her hands, staring sadly into her eyes. She tried to pull her hand back.

“It’s…it’s fine. They don’t hurt that much…” she mumbled, but YoungJae stayed firm and refused to let go.

“Were you doing something dangerous again? Where did you get these?” YoungJae interrogated, concern laced in his voice, but he was slowly getting irritated with her lack of response. “Yah! I’m talking to you!”

“Stop yelling at me! I said I’m fine, so let go!”

He yanked her wrists toward him, forcing her to slam against his chest as he stared at her intently. She glared at him, trying to get her hands back, hating how he towered over her despite being younger.

“What happened?”

“What?”

“Who hurt you?”

“YoungJae, what the are you talking about? No one hurt me; it was my own damn fault. I’m perfectly fine, so could you let go so we can get out of the GIRLS’ bathroom.”

“Something is upsetting you and I’m not letting you go until you tell me RIGHT NOW.”

“YoungJae, let go of me!”

“No!”

“YOUNGJAE!”

“I SAID NO!”

They panted, glaring heatedly at each other as the space between them had gotten significantly smaller. She turned away first.

“…why don’t you ever tell me when you hurt yourself…it worries me…” he tried more gently this time, squeezing her wrist firmly but not harshly.

She bit her lip.

“…I’m sorry…”

He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“What are you apologizing for?”

“I’m…sorry…I’m so bad at being a girl…”

Silence.

“…did you get hit on the head when you were coming here? You’re starting to say stupid things…” YoungJae grabbed her head with both hands and checked left and right. She swatted his hands away with a grumble.

“No! I did not hit my head. And I never want to tell you when I hurt myself because it’s always doing something reckless and…unfeminine…and…I just…I don’t care! I don’t care about any of that stuff…and I don’t care what other people say if it’s just me…but…it just makes me wonder…sometimes…if maybe you would prefer a cuter girlfriend…that you can protect…and isn’t so stubbornly independent…I’m…no good at…being cute…or…just-”

“Shut up.”

She did, but only because she was glaring furiously, extremely aggravated, at YoungJae.

“How dare you tell me to-mmmfrrhmm!”

She was surprised by his lips interrupting her tirade. He held her wrists, knowing she would struggle. But when she finally gave in, his hands moved up to cup her face. When he pulled away, she blinked up at him, bewildered.

“My gosh, you’re a bigger idiot than I thought.”

“Hey,” she warned, earning a chuckle out of him.

“Yeah, not so nice being called an idiot, is it?” he smiled, pulling her into a forehead kiss. He glared into her eyes and started ranting, “You’re violent, brash, hopelessly unaware of yourself, painfully stubborn, so obstinate when it comes to asking others for help, and a complete idiot when it comes to talking about emotions!”

“Yah!” She screamed, trying to pull back to smack him, but he hugged her tightly so she couldn’t move from her spot. He could almost see the smoke coming from her ears and laughed, resting his cheek on the top of her head while smiling, closing his eyes with a sigh.

“But you’re also a little too selfless sometimes…and try a little too hard to make sure others don’t worry for you…and maybe a little too insecure about how much I care for you?”

When his words all hit jackpot, she blushed, glad that YoungJae was currently unable to see her. He hugged her tighter for a bit longer before letting her go when she became silent. He held her hands carefully and kissed them with a sad smile.

“Next time…please tell me when you hurt yourself.”

She nodded speechlessly.

“So I can tell you, you’re an idiot.”

She nodded mindlessly before stopping abruptly and flaring at YoungJae, who stuck his tongue and ran out of the bathroom, leaving her behind.

“YOO YOUNGJAE!”

She was about to chase him down, only to run straight into him when she turned the corner out of the bathroom.

“Let’s get those cuts treated,” he chuckled at the surprised look on his face. He figured she was going to pummel him for that last comment, but for now, he felt it was probably best to get some bandages for all the cuts on her hand. To his surprise, she just smiled back and nodded compliantly, holding his hand loosely in hers as she let him lead her off.

 

 

 

 

 

“You know I’m going to kill you later, right?”

“Well aware, my little angry kitten. Well aware.”

 


 

LOLOLOLOL. ALL THIS FLUFFY NONSENSE. THIS IS TO COPE WITH THE DEPRESSINGNESS OF DLS AT THE MOMENT. XDDDDDD

 

Also to cope with finals. FML.

Why don’t I try harder in my classes…>_____>

 

/sigh/

Well, here’s the beginning of the 2nd installment of “Insecurities” where the boys help their girlfriends with their insecurities. ^ ^

I apologize but I will most likely be sporadically updating this rather than regularly. This one was me coping with my own YoungJae feels. /squirms and whines/ Stupid YoungJae.

~Kira :3

P.S. HAPPY 12/12/12 EVERYONEEEEEEE~~~~

/shamelessly adds YoungJae hug gif/