Squish

Insecurities

 

 

“Oh, I’m so tired,” whined HimChan as he plopped on the floor after running through Warrior and Power back to back. He waved his arms back and forth at YongGook demanding to have a sip from the water the leader was drinking out of, but YongGook just rolled his eyes with a smirk before walking away from the visual as if saying, ‘Yeah, right.’

“Ah, waaaaae~?!” demanded the diva, wiggling back and forth, trying to use aeygo on the leader, who just shot him a look of disgust.

As YoungJae stole DaeHyun’s bottle (nearly spilling some on the older boy), JongUp took off his shirt and fanned himself with his own shirt. It was ridiculously hot in the practice room and their dancer was known to sweat profusely.

“JongUppie, put your shirt back on or you’ll catch a cold,” HimChan scolded as the magnae line stood in front of the fan happily.

“How could he possibly get a cold from THIS weather?” YongGook scoffed as the two of them started arguing over something so trivial again that the members didn’t even bother trying to stop them.

While the rest of the members were preoccupied during the break, YoungJae stared at JongUp’s abs enviously before glancing down at his own clothed stomach.

“Yo, yo, Bringer of Riches, gather around children as I spread my wealth!” announced a booming voice as the door burst open.

“Oh! Noona!” Zelo greeted, running over to the girl holding a plastic bag. “What did you bring us?”

She shot Zelo a hurtful look, “ Really, JunHongie? Is that all I’m good for? No ‘Hello, Noona, how was your day?’ Noona is hurt!”

Zelo pouted at her, lowering his head, “I was just curious what was in the bag…I was going to ask how you were doing…”

Laughing at how flustered he was, she ruffled his hair and told him, “I was just kidding, JunHongie. Here, I brought you guys some ice cream bars to help you cool off in the heat.”

“Wah, thank you, Noona!” JongUp exclaimed, grabbing one from the bag after JunHong took one.

“…JongUppie…why are you half ?” she questioned suspiciously as JongUp stuck the chocolate bar in his mouth. He looked down and back up at her before quickly grabbing his shirt and covering himself up shyly.

“It was hot…so…I just…I didn’t think Noona was coming…” he mumbled, hiding behind his hyungs that got up to grab an ice cream bar.

She chuckled with a smirk, deciding to , “Aish, what are you hiding for, JongUppie~ Your abs are hot! Give Noona a hug~!”

“N-N-No! Stop it!” JongUp cried out, running away. “YoungJae-hyung will get mad at me!”

She laughed at how serious the innocent boy was taking it, “Oh man, you’re too much fun to mess with. I was just kidding, JongUppie! Put your shirt on!”

“Thanks, buddy~” YongGook smiled, ruffling her hair as he took a bite out of his ice cream bar. She smiled back proudly.

“Ah! Cute! Let Oppa hug you!” squealed HimChan as he ran towards her. She pushed him back, mimicking YongGook’s face of disgust.

“Ugh! Gross! You’re sweaty! No, thank you!”

The rest of the members laughed as she pushed him so hard he fell on his . She blinked in confusion, looking down at her bag to find that she still had one left. As the rest of the members enjoyed their ice cream, she saw YoungJae still glued to the floor, drinking out of his water bottle.

“Yah!” she exclaimed, hitting him on the head with her bag. “Is that how you treat your girlfriend who is such an amazing and kind person that she brought you your favorite ice cream?!”

She expected him to lash out at her and complain about why he bothered staying with such a violent girl like he normally did, but instead he just rubbed his head and mumbled, “I’m not hungry…”

Taken aback by his passiveness, she sat down next to him and felt his forehead, “Are you sick? You never turn down matcha ice cream.”

“I’m perfectly fine. Besides…I’m on a diet,” he grumbled, swatting her hand away in annoyance. She cocked her head and stared at him.

“…since…when are you on a diet? And for that matter, why are you on a diet? You’re perfectly healthy with how much exercise you get considering your choreograph and how much you guys practice every day. Why would you need to lose weight?” she argued, clearly confused, which just frustrates YoungJae even more.

“Why don’t you just go back to hugging JongUppie’s abs?!” he growled out, sounding a lot angrier than he expected to.

“…wait, is that what this is all about? Yah, Yoo YoungJae, you know I was just teasing him. You can’t possibly be jealous of JongUppie for that,” she laughed half-heartedly for a few seconds, but stopped when she noticed how hurt he looked.

“…YoungJae?”

“Forget it, just leave me alone,” YoungJae grumbled, standing up, readying to storm out only to be yanked back down by her.

“Hey, stop it…what’s wrong with you? Why are you suddenly so insecure about me teasing JongUppie? I tease everyone. YOU of all people should know that,” she tried to reassure, not really understanding the basis of his jealousy.

“Except I don’t have abs…” he muttered bitterly more to himself than to her but she heard exactly what he said.

“What? YoungJae? Is that what this is all about? You’re being y because you don’t have abs?” she glared at him. “…my gosh, you’re a bigger idiot than I thought you were.”

“Then why don’t you just leave me for someone that does, huh?!” he shot back, pissed off that she was making fun of his insecurities. As if it wasn’t bad enough, he wasn’t confident about his body, she had to go and poke fun at his intelligence, which he was confident in.

“Hey! How shallow do you think I am?!” she threw back in disbelief that he would suggest something like that. “I did not come all the way over here to bring you a nice treat just so you can yell at me for no reason! Bwoh? ‘Why don’t you just leave me for someone that does?’ FINE! I WILL!”

She carelessly tossed the bag with his ice cream bar in it at him before storming out of the room, her eyes shimmering with tears threatening to fall yet she refused to let them.

With a sigh, HimChan shook his head at YoungJae.

“Yah, what are you still doing on the ground? Go after her before she really does leave you,” HimChan advised.

“Like I care,” YoungJae grumbled, glaring at the floor, despite his eyes reflecting his true feelings that he did care.

“Oh, guys…it started storming…Noona didn’t bring an umbrella, she’s gonna get wet,” Zelo commented as he was distracting himself with his phone.

Cursing, YoungJae grabbed the spare umbrella they kept in the practice room and ran out the door.

It didn’t take him long to find her, but because it was raining so hard, she was already soaked head to toe as she sat in the swing of the playground. Feeling guilty, he ran over, panting heavily, and held the umbrella over her head. Surprised to find the rain had stopped falling, she looked up and met his eyes for a brief second before turning away angrily.

“I’m sorry,” YoungJae apologized. “I didn’t mean what I said…it’s just that…I know girls like guys that have abs…and so…I got jealous that you were complimenting JongUp…because…you know the state of my…stomach…”

“You mean your belly fat?”

“Hey!”

She laughed, getting up from the swing to stand under the umbrella with him. He gasped when she poked his stomach, backing away (yet trying to keep her dry with the umbrella at the same time, proving to be very difficult).

“Stop it! Yah!” YoungJae complained while she attacked him with a barrage of pokes. “You know I don’t have abs!”

“Well, duh!” she continued poking him. YoungJae had enough, so he let go of the umbrella to grab both of her wrists.

“Stop it! As if I don’t feel bad enough as it is you have to go an-”

He wasn’t able to finish his sentence, silenced by her lips on his. The rain began to soak him, too, but he was a bit busy to care. He let go of her wrists to cup her face, deepening the kiss, as her arms naturally s around his neck. For a few moments, they forgot the world around them. They were so immersed in the kiss that they didn’t even notice the disapproving looks of mothers walking by with their children.

She pulled back first, panting heavily from the lack of air, smiling devilishly up at him as he stared down, happy yet very confused as to why that just happened.

“YoungJae paaaaaaabo~” she teased once more, kissing him shortly when he tried to argue again before continuing, “Do you really think I care about abs that much? I love you just the way you are. Every single part of you. That INCLUDES your belly fat.”

“But-”

“It’s what makes you special!”

“Hey!”

“Not to mention it’s so comfy to sleep on!”

“Now you’re just making this worse…”

She chuckled at his sulking expression, picking the umbrella back up and holding it over the two of them. She wiped his bangs out of his eyes, so she could see him better. He stared into her eyes as she smiled gently at him, cupping his cheek.

“You’re perfect, YoungJae,” she whispered. “You’re an amazing singer. You’re very intelligent. You’re a kind and loving person. You have so much passion for what you do. You genuinely care about your fans. And even if you gave me a day, I wouldn’t be able to list all the things that make you perfect.”

She retracted her hand from his face and entwined their fingers together.

“So do me a favor and don’t try to change for me. Because I already love everything about you,” she begged, giving his hand a small squeeze. “And anyone that says otherwise, I’ll beat the out of them.”

Finally, he let out a warm laugh.

“Did I ever tell you how much I love you?” he asked.

“Mmm, yes, but you should tell me again!”

He gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

“Maybe later!”

With that, he took off with the umbrella. She stood there, gaping at him in shock as he ran backwards, sticking his tongue out at her.

“YOO YOUNGJAE, GET YOUR BACK HERE, YOU CHUBBY!”

“That’s for poking me!”

“After all the things I-ARGH!”

“I know you love me~ I know you care~”

“STOP SINGING JB AND GIVE ME THAT UMBRELLA SO I CAN STAB YOUR FAT TUMMY WITH IT!”

 


 

…STOP JUDGING ME! TT______________TT

Inspired by this beautiful thing:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nirqHI4N1qgnno2o1_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nirqHI4N1qgnno2o2_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nirqHI4N1qgnno2o3_500.jpg

 

Shall I do more one-shots? Maybe for the rest of B.A.P? Requests?

~Kira :3

P.S. CREDIT TO crestrisen FOR THAT BEAUTIFUL GIF AT THE TOP. :D