Fifth Present

5 Presents

There was a soft voice singing a familiar melody right beside me. I cracked my eyes open to see a handsome face staring down at me. Jinki was the one singing and caressing my hair. It took me a while to realize what he was singing. It was none other than “Honesty”.

“Morning, birthday boy.” Jinki hyung said with a slightly hoarse voice. I didn’t care if I was being really girly, but I giggled and snuggled closer to him. He was so warm and comfortable…

“Good morning, my prince. You don’t know how much I love it when I wake up hearing your voice.” I heard Jinki hyung chuckled. He pulled me in closer and kissed the top of my head. I really, really love it when I wake up in his arms.

“You don’t know how much I love having you beside me every day.” I pulled away and looked up at him. I squirmed a bit and kissed his cheek. Have I told you how much I love his smiles too? His smiles could bright up my world any time of the day.

“I love you, Taemin.” My heart skipped a beat every time he says that. It probably sounds very exaggerated but I would gladly let my heart stop just to listen to Jinki hyung saying that he loves me.

“Hyung… I’m so happy right now… I wish we could just stay in bed all day so you could shower me with love.” I silently begged him with my pouty face but he just laughed and rubbed my back.

“That sounds really nice but I have plans for us today.” I pouted and buried my face in the crook of his neck.

“Awh… Hyuuung…” I whined. I really wanted to stay at home and cuddle with hyung all day.

“But I guess we can snuggle for a little bit more.” I grinned and draped my leg on top of his. I hugged his torso and inhaled his calming scent. He continued humming some more soothing melody and I felt like sleeping again. My eyes were getting droopy…

“Hey, don’t fall asleep.” Jinki patted my bum and I let out a yelp.

“Hnnh, but you’re so comfy…” I gave him a squeeze.

“I’m not a pillow, babe. Come on, go freshen up while I cook breakfast.” I groaned and I stood my ground. I wasn’t going to move. But Jinki hyung patted my bum over and over again. So in the end I hesitantly moved.

“You better make a yummy breakfast, hyung.” I pouted and made my way to the bathroom. I strip my clothes off and took a shower using the new soap hyung gave me. It really smelled like the banana milk I like to drink! After washing my hair and feeling all freshened up, I stepped out of the shower, put on my jeans and hoodie on and made my way out. Once I opened the door, I could smell yummy things being cooked. Before I knew it, I was in the kitchen.

“Hyung, what are you making? It smells good!” Jinki hyung turned to see me for a bit and continued cooking.

“You did tell me to make something good, right? I made omelet and cooked up some sausages and hash browns. Go sit down, it’s almost ready.” I obediently sat down and took a gulp from the glass of orange juice on the table.

“Here you go.” Jinki hyung set down a plate of yummy goodness and my mouth watered at the sight. He sat down across me and set down his own plate. Before digging in, I got up and walked over to his seat. I straddled him and sat on his lap, facing him.

“Hyung.” I rest my arm on his shoulders. He looked at me, puzzled. I just smiled at him and played with his hair.

“Thank you, hyung. For last night, for today… I never knew you could cook but everything looks amazing and tastes amazing too.” He smiled contently and I hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rubbed my back, a calming gesture I love so much.

“And to think we came in quietly because we thought you guys are sleeping…” Key hyung came into the kitchen followed by Jonghyun.

“Jinki hyung, let go of him so we can properly give him a hug.” Key hyung nagged. Jinki hyung laughed and released me. I got off of hyung and Key hyung immediately hugged me.

“Happy birthday, Taemin. I wish you all the best in the world.” Key hyung gave me a squeeze before he let go. Jonghyun hyung also gave me a hug and congratulated me. Then I noticed that Minho hyung wasn’t there.

“Hey guys, where’s Minho?” Jinki hyung said. Jonghyun hyung started laughing once Jinki hyung mentioned ‘Minho’.

“He couldn’t take it. He went to the Super Junior dorm last night. He couldn’t stand us last night, right, Key?” Jonghyun hyung hugged Key hyung from the back and kissed Key hyung’s neck. Key hyung only giggled and playfully slapped Jonghyun hyung’s hand.

“Poor guy... If only I had the money to order 2 rooms… Oh well. I’m glad you had fun last night, guys. You go and have a chat while I shower.” Jinki hyung went to the bathroom, leaving me and the couple.

“So, Taeminnie~ What did you do last night?” Jonghyun hyung asked with a smirk. I roll my eyes at him.

“Unlike you guys, we just had a nice, romantic dinner and watched some movies.” I sat down and started eating my breakfast.

“We did something romantic too, you know.” Jonghyun hyung countered but I just laughed. We all knew what they did last night.

“Yeobo, you should probably call Minho and tell him that we’re going to go to wherever Jinki hyung planned for us today.” Jonghyun hyung nodded and went to the living room to call Minho hyung. Not long after that Jinki hyung came back into the kitchen. I cut a piece of omelet and held it up to his mouth. He took a bite and chewed it while grabbing a glass of milk from the fridge.

“Minho is on his way here.” Jonghyun hyung came back and stole the plate of breakfast belonging to Jinki hyung.

“That’s mine, puppy.” Jinki hyung said but the said puppy just ate it anyways. Bad hyung.

“It’s good, hyung.” Jonghyun hyung cheekily said. JInki hyung groaned.

“Anyways, we’re going to have lots of fun today. We’re going out to take a stroll around town and not be SHINee today.” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“How’s that possible, hyung?” Jinki hyung just pinched my nose and chuckled.

“You don’t have to worry about that, okay?” I nodded and went along with it.

.o0o.

Jinki hyung wasn’t kidding. He took us to a cat café in Hongdae, went shopping in Dongdaemun, strolled around Myeongdong but there weren’t that much fan that bugged us. I had no idea how he did it but it was so awesome of him to be able to somehow do that. He really made my day special.

“By the way, tomorrow we’ll have a little gathering with the fans and other sunbaenims from SM.” Jinki hyung said when we walked out from the ice cream shop. It was already 6PM and we were all tired. Tired but happy, of course.

“Why not today?” Minho hyung asked.

“Because I want today just for the 5 of us. What is wrong with you people? Do you even appreciate what I’m doing here?” Jinki hyung frowned. We all just laughed and group hugged him.

“I love it, hyung. Really.” Jinki hyung’s smile returned when I said that.

“Let’s go. I have one more place in store.”

.o0o.

Jinki hyung took us to N Seoul Tower. Key hyung nagged him because he thought it would be too crowded and everything, but Jonghyun hyung shut him up. It turns out it wasn’t that crowded. Which was weird because it’s usually crowded. But then again, Jinki hyung probably had something to do with it.

We walked around and took in the view of night time Seoul. It was really pretty with all the lights on. The wind was also cool and breezy so it was very pleasant.

“Hey, Taemin. Come with me.” Jinki hyung laced my fingers with his and he took me to a quiet, far from the crowd corner. He hugged me by the waist and I felt his warmth enveloping me.

“Do you like all the gifts so far, Tae?” He whispered in my ear.

“Yeah, I love them all so much. Thank you for doing all of this for me, hyung. It’s the best birthday I’ve had so far.” I snuggled closer to him. He felt like a giant teddy bear~

“I’m glad you like all of them… I’m sorry I have nothing better to give you. I still wish I could give you something better than all of those simple stuffs.”

“Stop that, hyung. It’s perfect. All of them are perfect. You’re perfect. I love everything to bits! I love you to bits. I’m just so happy that you can be here with me during my birthday. I’m happy that you’re in my life.” I look up at him. He has the gentlest smile ever and my heart melted.

“Me too. I’m glad you’re here with me.” I hugged him and we stayed silent for a while.

“Taemin. I know there isn’t much I can do anymore and it’s just a few hours until the end of your birthday. But I just want to give you something. A last gift for today.” He pulled away a little bit and cupped my face in his hands.

“I can’t stop saying it. I love you Taemin. I know it’s not much, but I want to give you my heart. I want to give you all of me. I want you to keep my heart so please take care of it.”

I almost swore my heart stopped. Hyung looked so sincere, so caring, so loving. I couldn’t help it. I was tearing up, I didn’t care.

“J-Jinki hyung… Then please keep mine too. Love me forever, okay?” He nodded and I got lost in his embrace once again.

I can’t imagine a life without him. Jinki hyung played a huge part in making me who I am at that point. He helped me through hard times, he cheered me on through the happy times. He treats me well without babying me. He loves me for who I am, and so do I. They all might think I’m still young to know true love, but when I’m with Jinki hyung I know very well that I am in love. Deeply in love with this funny, kind, sometimes clumsy but nothing less than perfect man. I don’t care if it’s too soon but…

“Will you marry me?”

We both said in unison.

We pulled away from each other with a shocked face.

“One day. Maybe not here, but somewhere else. But one day, I will marry you, Taemin. I don’t care what people will say, I don’t care at all. I want to be with you, I want to spend my life with you.” He wiped the tears on my face that I didn’t even know I was shedding. I could only nod and kiss him. I kissed him like I’ve never kissed him before. It was sweet, it wasn’t rushed. It was just right. And so filled with love.

I was happy. More than happy, I was elated. I was excited, content, glad. I was loved by the love of my life. Who wouldn’t be happy?


“You better propose to me properly when the time comes, hyung.”

“I will. Look forward to that one. You’ll be so happy, you’ll jump up and down, you’ll cry and you’ll shout that you love me.” I chuckled as I dried my tears.

“I can shout right now.” I felt Jinki hyung’s soft lips on mine.

“Even though I love the idea, you’ll draw unnecessary attention, angel.” I nodded and hugged my giant teddy bear.

“You’re the best gift ever, hyung.” I sighed happily.

“I’m glad to be that because you are the best gift for me too.”

“Hey, guys? Are you done yet? We have a schedule tomorrow!” Minho shouted at us. We both groaned and released each other. We walked over to the others hand in hand.

“I hate you, Minho hyung.” I mumbled at him and stuck out my tongue.

“What did I do?!” We all laughed at his expression and walked away from him.

“I told you. You shouldn’t have bothered them.” Key patted his shoulder and walked away too.

.o0o.

Once again we were in each other’s arms on the bed, snuggled up nicely under the sheets. I was just about to drift off to sleep when Jinki hyung sang something in my ears.

힘들어져 포기하고 싶을

약한 맘에 도망치고 싶을

작은 손이 내겐 가장 되는

평생 위한 노랠 불러 줄게

자리에 있어 믿고 지켜준 네게

고마움 담은 노랠 전할게

When I am weak and I want to run away

Your small hand becomes my biggest strength

For the rest of my life, I’ll sing a song for you

You have always been there

Believing in me and protecting me

I’ll convey this song of appreciation

“Good night, Taemin. I love you.”

And with that happy note I fell asleep in my Jinki hyung’s arms.


A/N : I'm so sorry guys, I fell asleep last night. That's why this chapter is late. I know, I know, I should be asking forgiveness and cry my eyeballs out because this couldn't be released on Taemin's birthday, BUT I REGRET NOTHING! Lol I had like, more than 12 hours sleep and boy am I glad to have that~ I was so happy when I woke up.

So anyways, how's the fluff? I hope you guys liked it~ I tried my best so... Yeah. I hope you do.

By the way guys, I'm in this community called JKK which is JongKeyKingdom. And we're going to have a little project here. So please read this for a bit~

Hi! We're from @JONGKEYkingdom (twitter)

We really need your help, we--jongkey shippers--have a plan to make Trending Topic on Twitter for JongKey starting around 00.01 KST on 23rd July, based on this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc7y0fWrCjo

It will be #JONGKEYPROMISE

So it'll be really great if you would join in and help us make #JONGKEYPROMISE a Trending Topic! And please do mention @realjonghyun90 so maybe he'll read it! And won't that be really awesome? Maybe our support can make them go and get married or something.

We hope you can participate! Thanks in advance~ <3

Notice that I wrote the last two paragraphs LOL. Full info in my blog post here : JongKeyShippers

Please take a minute to read it.

And a comment on this chapter would be MUCH appreciated <3