Today will be Different

Why is the Universe so Cruel?

I woke up the next morning. Then i realized I had school. I had to rush thinking I was going to be late.  I changed into the uniform and quickly ate breakfast. My grandparents were getting ready to leave for work but they weren't rushing like I was. They stared at me strangely and asked why I was rushing. "I don't want to be late for my second day of school. Besides, I might get lost again so I need to make sure I memorize the roads." They nodded as if to say okay if you insist but I think you're lying. I rolled my eyes, wondering why they were acting so suspicious. I headed out of the house and towards the gate.

I walked out to what seemed like a dream. The same dream I used to have all the time when i was younger. Only this time, he was older. Mitchel....

I snapped awake when he looked over and caught me staring. What the heck am I thinking? This is Changjo. He is nothing like Mitchel. No where close to it. I was stuck with Changjo. "Hey Miss Han, funny how we walk out to school at the same time. Care to accompany me?"

I ignored him and walked away. "Where are you going? You are going to get in big trouble you know."

"I am going to school while you stand there and talk to yourself." I retorted.

"Schools not that way Miss Han." I could already see his smile without turning around. I don't know why he annoys me so much. He just does. I turned around and walked to school. He managed to keep up with me, even with my  fast angry pace. We walked all the way to school. When the gates came into view, I stopped for a moment. I didn't want to go and move on. It was so hard to do. But I'm here now and there is nothing stopping me but myself. Today will be different. The only thing that has to change is me.

Changjo was standing there waiting for me while I ranted in my head. I really didn't want to be seen walking in with him like we're friends. I didn't really like him and we aren't really friends. Heck, I was only here for a day. There was no way I could have made a friend that quickly. People will think I'm weird.

I could act like I didn't know him and just walk quickly, like I'm scared. But that would make me seem weak. I am not weak. I would bear with it and start off strong today. I glared at him once more before walking again. We walked into the school gates and I could feel many stares as Changjo walked beside me. I held my head high. Even though I was walking with the person I really didn't want to be with, I was sort of glad he was with me. At least I wasn't alone when I'm trying to be strong.

We walked up the stairs and when I got to my door, I quickly walked in and sat down. Changjo stayed a little bit, talking to his friends in this class. He kept glancing over to me when his friends talked. I didn't like that. Were they talking about me? I tried not to notice anymore.

The bell finally rang. Changjo left to go to his class. The rest of them sat down. Class was quiet, and boring, as most classes were. There was nothing abnormal about this. My fingers began drumming the table. When i noticed that it sounded loud in the silence of the class, I stopped. Class went by very very slowly. I had time to think about what I would do during lunch. I didn't really feel like talking to Changjo. I had to say that he was kinda creepy to me.......

who gets along with the new girl so quickly? apparently him. I didn't know whether this was a good thing or not. Maybe he has a motive? Arg this is just weird... why was i thinking so much about this anyway? arg.

my attention went back to class. Finally, the bell rang. I still hadn't thought of what to do. Though in the end, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I got up to walk to the cafeteria. Just my luck, Changjo was walking out his classroom at the same time. He was right next door. "why Miss Han, did you plan on going to lunch by yourself? Wait with me. You can eat with Ricky and I. He won't mind, right Ricky?"

"Nope~ I'm fine with it." The voice came from the door of my classroom. Ricky was actually in my class. Interesting...

I tried to get out of this. "well, I'm not sure, besides-" Together the boys dragged me away. I looked back, hoping to get some kind of help, but there was no one there to help me. I was alone here.

Standing on the line for lunch was the same as yesterday. Piercing stares were aimed my way. The only difference were the two guys chatting as if nothing was wrong. The stares didn't seem to bother them at all. Ricky was actually a pretty nice person. He tried to bring me into the conversation. Even though my answers made the atmosphere seem awkward sometimes, he continued as if it was a reasonable answer. I liked that. It showed me he wasn't like Changjo at all.

We walked over to the same table in the corner. I picked at my food while the two of them were bickering. My thoughts came back to me. today will be different. The only thing that has to change is me. I should try to be like I was before the accident. Before my whole world seemed to change. I looked up and tried to concentrate on what they were saying.

"Eeeeh, There's really no point. Our hyungs are out of town right now. Its no fun without them around."

"But I need something to do besides homework." Ricky glanced over at me and looked away. I think he was surprised to find me looking back. "Can't we like go to your place or something? You have video games there don't you?"

Changjo sighed in defeat. I never heard him do that before. Ricky was better at arguing with him than I was. I definitely need to learn. "Fine, fine, fine." Changjo said. I couldn't help but giggle. He never sounded so defeated before. "There's nothing funny about this. Don't laugh." I chuckled. "Oh honestly. What is so funny about this?" He had me laughing in no time. Ricky was staring at me for a minute before he started laughing too.

We both finally quieted down. Changjo was eating while glaring at us. I cleared my throat and went back to picking at my food. I looked at Ricky and our eyes met. We smiled at each other before returning our attention back to the food. When it was time to go back, all three of us walked together. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea, eating lunch with them.

After school, I got up to leave the classroom. Ricky came over to me and stopped me. "Ah, Miss Han, where are you going now? Why don't we wait for Changjo and we'll all walk you home. Its not right for a lady to walk home alone."

"oh, umm." While I did like his personality, I didn't like his friend's personality. I didn't know what to say. "well, I really should get back home. My grandparents will be worried....uhmmm" well, wasn't this awkward? "Its not that far so I should be okay..." I looked at the doorway. Good, Changjo wasn't there yet. "I'll just get going now. uhh see you tomorrow..." I rushed towards the doorway. So close to freedom. Please, please let me get out of here before I'm stopped. Please, please, please.

An arm flashed right in front of my face, making me slide to a stop. Dang. His smirk showed that he knew what I wanted to do. I glared at him. "Oh, I'm sorry Miss Han. I just slipped and tried to stop myself from falling. Are you going home? Ricky and I should walk you. After all, you're so close to our destination." Ricky was behind us in no time. The three of us walked out together. Ricky was looking confused and kept glancing between me and Changjo. He must be confused about our banter.

I walked just a bit faster, hoping to slip away and run home before they could catch me. Soon, I was half a block ahead of them. "Miss Haaaaaan~" That voice made me want to punch him in the face. "Why are you so far Miss Han? Come back here and join us."

I turned back and gave them the sweetest smile I could manage. Which probably wasn't my best one. "I need to get home. So you two enjoy your stroll and I'll go home. bye~" with that I turned around and started walking as fast as I could without running. I had to say, I was pretty fast. I had years of practice, running in gym and then my friends would race with me. I never joined the track team but they did. They found it a fun way to train for the competitions.

Fast as I was, I still felt arms reach around my shoulders. Changjo kept pace with me, as usual. Ricky was not far behind. My teeth clenched. I slipped under his arm. I glared at him before walking on the other side of Ricky. He seemed so intent on walking with me so I will walked with Ricky instead. He only laughed. The guys started talking again. I felt like a third wheel. There was nothing for me to say.

We finally got to our destination. I walked to my gate. After glaring at Changjo for a bit I turned to Ricky. "Bye Ricky. See you tomorrow."

He seemed astounded. "Uhh, yea, see you tomorrow." I waved and walked in.

"I'm home." I took off my shoes and found my grandparents sitting in the living room. I was sure they were looking out the window. They had that suspicious air around them. "How was your walk home?" Yea they were definitely watching.  I threw them a confused look, hoping to catch them off guard. Then ran off to do homework.

Dinner was the usual ordeal. A quiet meal. The rest of the day was thankfully calm. I was going to sleep. I walked to the window. The window gave me a good view of what was going on inside Changjo's house. I wasn't a stalker. I just happened to look. Ricky was dancing, probably because he won a game. Changjo was lying on the floor in defeat. I had to smile about that. Changjo's eyes opened and I swear they looked right at me. I got scared and closed the curtain. I got down in bed hoping that it was just my imagination. Then I smiled.

Who knew that moving here would be so fun?

 

Hello~Hello~ sorry i haven't updated this in a while. Please don't be mad? -sad doggy face you can't resist-   :D

Hope you all enjoy~ Its not my best but I tried. I feel like Yoona is way too mopey at the beginning -.- But oh wells. What's done is done. I don't wanna keep you all waiting forever while I try to fix it. So yea, enjoy!~