Job

Why is the Universe so Cruel?

"Sorry girls. I have somewhere to be right now. I'll see you tomorrow~" Yoona waved goodbye to her friends and ran out with Ricky behind her. Changjo was waiting by the door as usual. "Come~ We should get there as early as possible."

Changjo sighed again. He's been doing that a lot. Ricky only shrugged and followed as Yoona walked ahead. She seemed very excited about this. She had not been this animated about anything in front of them before.

Yoona was indeed very excited. This is the first thing that she could do herself since her parents died. She can get her mind off all those things. She confidently walked in the door and bowed to Baro. "Annyeong~ We're here for work."

"So I see. Go to the back and change into your uniforms. Sohyun will be here shortly." The three nodded, and went to the back. They all noticed the chairs still on the tables and the back that didn't seem to hold any life. The cafe didn't even seem to be opened yet. Yoona furrowed her brow but continued on to the back anyway. They found the staff room and the three uniforms folded neatly on the table. Yoona grabbed hers and headed to the women's bathroom, only to find it locked. Panicked, she tried again and wiggled the knob. It didn't budge.

"Hurry up back there!" Baro called from the front. "I want you three up here when Sohyun arrives!"

The three looked at each other. Embarrassed, Yoona stood at the corner of the staff room and looked behind her to make sure no one was looking. She wished she hadn't. Changjo had already started taking off his shirt and Ricky was just starting to lift his hem. She quickly turned back around, face flushed. This should be like the girl's locker room. You stare at no one, and no one stares at you. Neh. Girl's locker room. She quickly changed into her uniform. There she stood in a simple white shirt with a black vest and black slacks. She turned and found both of the guys with their backs to her waiting by the door.

Smiling at their generosity, Yoona quickly folded her clothes and left it with theirs. "Let's go." she said. Both turned and nodded. Baro was standing by the counter, looking towards the door. It was awkwardly quiet as they all waited for Sohyun to come in. When she did step in, she went straight to Yoona. "Annyeong Sohyun-shii" Yoona bowed.

"Annyeong Yoona~ Please call me Sohyun. The formalities make my head spin." She giggled and pointed to Baro. "You know what to do so do it. I'll see what she can do at the back." She dragged the girl to the back. "Okay~ So can you cook?"

"Uhm.  A little bit?"

"How much is a little bit?"

"I know basics. If I have a recipe I can follow it too...."

"Oh I see." Sohyun seemed to be a little disappointed. "Do either of the guys cook?"

"I think Changjo does but..."

"BARO SEND CHANGJO BACK HERE!" Sohyun yelled. Yoona's ears were ringing but didnt cover her ears. "Why don't you go out front and help Baro? I'll get you a new uniform later."

"O-okay." Yoona stumbled her way to the front. "Baro-shii, Sohyun-shii told me to help you."

He nodded. "Clean the counter and the chairs." She nodded and got to work. Baro was definitely a hard person to work with. He was always watching them and correcting them when they do something wrong. Ricky and Yoona cleaned and rearranged the tables to his liking. By the end of it, both were tired and a bit miffed. It was starting to get dark when he finally stopped and said that they could change. Relieved, both quickly headed to the staff room.

Yoona opened the door and froze when she saw Changjo in the middle of changing. He quickly pulled down his shirt and yelled at her. "Yaaah. You should have at least knocked." She blushed and apologized.

"Don't be so mean Changjo. She didn't know." RIcky gently pushed her inside and gave her her clothes. "Go change Yoona. I'll wait outside."

He closed the door after dragging Changjo out. She shook her head to clear it. He didn't look that bad....maybe because of his dancing?....Well he did do that dance with me....NO! WHAT AM I THINKING?! She closed her eyes and shook her head harder. Its not something to keep thinking about. She quickly changed and opened the door. "Ricky, I'm done."

"Ah okay." He turned to Changjo. "Behave" he said. Then the door shut, leaving her outside with Changjo. They both stayed quiet.

Once all three of them were done, they grabbed their bags and headed to the front. "Come on, I don't have all day" Baro said by the door. Sohyun was standing with him outside. They quickly exited. "I expect you to be here on time tomorrow." Then Baro turned and left.

Sohyun giggled. "Congrats. You passed day one. Don't mind Baro. He's such a sweet person on the inside." She giggled again. "See you tomorrow~" Then she ran after Baro. It looked like she was teasing him. He didn't do anything. When she took his hand, the three could see that he gripped hers as they walked away.

"Aigoo. So cute~" She smiled. "Come on. Let's go home. I need to finish up my homework."

Tomorrow would be a new day with new confidences in themselves and each other.

 

I love Sohyun and Baro. They are such a cute couple. Kya~

So anyway. This was such an awkward sounding chapter. But SATs are over for now so I can concentrate on stories more now. Whooo~

Comment and subscribe please~