OO4:

♥My Perfect Man

 

 

After school had ended, it was time for them to finish up the day.

 

"Hyuna, I don’t think..." Myungsoo started but looked around and noticed that there were a lot more students than usual "Hyuna..." he repeated.

 

Hyuna cut him off. "Shh. Okay, look- everyone’s staring. Go. Kiss my cheek." she said demandingly while looking around

 

"I fed you earlier during lunch, I think I’ve done enough for you today." He said to her starting to get a bit irritated, forcing a smile to the group of students that passed by.

 

"Ugh, just... fine!" she said. It was time to start with the plan since Myungsoo was not cooperating, she stood up and she raised her voice. "You’re just like Woohyun!" she yelled. Everyone stopped and stared at the two. Myungsoo grit his teeth and grabbed her shoulders, aware of the audience. 

 

"No, I’m not!! I... " he forced himself to say the words he only spoke to Naeun. "I LOVE YOU!" he yelled, imagining he was talking to his ex-girlfriend.

 

Hyuna put her hands over her face and pretended to cry then looked at him "Prove it. PROVE IT!" she screamed at him, walking away.

 

Myungsoo took her turning away as his cue. He grabbed her wrist, turned her around and kissed her. He was shocked at his own spontaneity. Hyuna’s eyes widened as she kissed him back, putting her hand in his hair. She suddenly felt under the crowd’s eye. 

 

She pushed him away, wiping the tears that were sliding down her cheek. She touched her lips, looking at him in awe. 'I said to kiss my cheek.... Did he really just kiss me? It felt so... weird. But in a good way.' She shook off the thought and hugged the boy in front of her. "I l-love you, too." 

 

All of a sudden through the crowd, in unison they heard   "What the ?!"    "Myungsoo-yah?"

 


Woohyun pushed through the crowd that was forming in the middle of the courtyard. All he heard from the people passing by him were "Hyuna and Myungsoo this...", "Are they really together?"

 

He gritted his teeth as he shoved away random freshmen and walked towards the center of the commotion. He saw Hyuna –– his Hyuna –– kissing Myungsoo, his supposed best friend. The two pulled away, and Hyuna hugged him, saying, "I l-love you, too."

 

For a second, he forgot he dumped Hyuna, and yelled out, "WHAT THE ?!"

 

 


Naeun frowned, seeing Myungsoo kiss another girl…She knew she had no right to be mad at Hyuna, but she felt betrayed, even though she wasn’t with him anymore. She sighed and shook her head. Myungsoo let go of Hyuna and she hugged him, telling him how she loved him back. Naeun felt this strange feeling in her stomach, and she finally realized. Those feelings, that she put away... they were still there.

 

 And it seemed that with all this crazy Myungsoo/Hyuna action, they weren’t going away anytime soon.

 

"Myungsoo-yah?" He heard the familiar voice of Naeun. He looked over Hyuna’s shoulder and saw her, wearing a hurt expression on her face. She looked at Myungsoo, before stomping away.

 

He was about to call out after her, but he heard Hyuna's small voice. "W-Woohyun…"

 

, he thought, turning back around. Woohyun quirked an eyebrow at him, and just shook his head, walking away. Hyuna grabbed Myungsoo by the arm and dragged him towards the parking lot, where his car was waiting. She climbed into the passenger seat, folding her arms across her chest while Myungsoo went around getting in the driver’s seat. He looked at her. "I got carried away… Sorry." he sighed.

 

"Yeah, no. It’s okay… Really, seriously, it’s fine…" she said quickly. 

 

He nodded. "Well, okay. Er… Okay. Let’s just pretend we never kissed." He started the engine and pulled out of his parking space, driving down the road to his place for Hyuna to get her car.

 

The car ride to his house was excruciatingly quiet. As the car pulled into his driveway, he cleared his throat then opened the door for Hyuna. She stepped out of the car, giving him a smile. "You don’t have to do that, now that we’re not in school." she said in a low voice.

 

"I have to get used to doing it." he smiled. 

 

"Guess so…" she smiled. "Thanks for the ride… oppa."She said as she was walking to his garage to get her car.

 

"You’re welcome. I’ll see you tomorrow." He got back in his car and saw Hyuna drive off.

 


Myungsoo lives in this house alone because his parents; after they divorced, they decided it would be fair for him to live alone, seeing as he was of legal age, and each of them got to see their son as much as the other. They supported him in anything, and were civilized enough to make an agreement to give at least 4% of what money was left with them to Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo shut off the engine, and walked out of the car into the house. He continued on with his after-school daily routine: getting his mail, , reaching for his key in his pocket, opening the door hastily, turning on the lights, getting something from the fridge, plopping down on his couch, reaching for the remote and finally, turning on the television. 

 

He looked around his living room, books scattered on the coffee table, polaroids stuck on the wall from when Naeun always took pictures with him. 

 

She dried the photo that slid out from her camera. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and examined the picture."Why are we taking so many pictures?" he asked, kissing her nose.

 

 

"So you’ll always remember me. And if you ever try to bring a girl to your place, they’ll see." she said, sticking her tongue out.

 

"You’re mine, and these photos are proof." She showed him the picture of the two of them, doing the "V" signs, flaunting their couple rings.

 

Angrily, he stood up, and ripped off the glossy pictures, throwing them onto the floor. Tears were rising to his eyes when he saw the last polaroid, the only one left on the white wall. In the photo, their lips were pressed against each other’s.

 

Out of nowhere he raised his fingers to his lips, remembering when he kissed Hyuna. Slowly, he pulled the photo off the wall and stared at it. He his thumb over her handwriting, fingers shaking. He put the picture back on the wall and picked up the others. He stuffed them into a shoebox and walked out the door, slamming it behind him.

 

 

 


Myungsoo drove to the beach, where he and Naeun used to always have their mini-anniversary-dates. He closed his eyes, the breeze embracing him. The sun was slowly dipping below the horizon, and the sky turned orange.

 

As he closed his eyes, the memories became more vivid. He just couldn’t stop thinking about her.

 

 

 

"Oppa!" she smiled, looking back at him while she ran, the wind whipping her hair about. "You can’t catch me!"

 

"Oh yes, I can!" he sped up, and swept her off the ground, carrying her bridal-style. 

 

He kissed her lightly as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

 

 

He picked up the polaroids and lit them with his lighter. He dropped them onto the sand and backed away as the flames engulfed those memories he had with her. 

 

Looking around, he saw a couple leaving behind a champagne bottle. Sighing, he gathered the ashes and put them into the bottle, with it a paper that said, "What Myungsoo and Naeun was". Before he threw it out to the water, a young boy came up to him.

 

"Hey, Mister." he smiled. "What are you doing?"

 

Myungsoo looked down at the bottle before throwing it to the waves. "Throwing away my past.”


WELCOME NEW SUBSCRIBERS!
I know it's been a while but I finally decided to update! AFF has been really gay lately and I lost some chapters/subscribers in my other stories so it made me just lose interest in updating for a while but then I didn't want to disappoint you guys so I finally sat my down on my chair and updated! Haha

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I might be double updating today but if not I'll be updating again tomorrow okay?