Things that don´t make sense

(Editing, hiatus)Cup of coffee and frog slippers

I said it will be double update today, right? ^^ So there you go...first drama part. Actually writing this chapter was little...tearfull? Anyway, I want that hoodie~ >.< Comment a subscribe^^

HaeJung skipped today´s activities in the press club. She just went to take postcards from students who wrote into the advice corner. She felt little bad towards Woohyun since he wanted to go take few pictures of martial arts club (and HaeJung heard someone wants to join, so it had to be interesting day), but she had priorities. For example, she wanted to go and buy something new for herself for this Saturday.
She wanted to text Sandeul, but she remembered that he has practice with his band and she didn´t want to interrupt, so she just went to her favorite mall. She first bought some ice cream (coffee flavor, of course) and then she slowly began to walk around and search for something nice. Before she could eat whole ice cream, godknows from where did appear the wind and blew her hair around…so it ended up in the ice cream. HaeJung cursed and went to clear her hair to the rest room.
,,I wish I had short hair again…but Sandeul likes long hair. Well, maybe I could cut it, at least a little…´´ she mumbled for herself.
She continued to walk around. She found something really funny in one store- frog-like hoodie. It was Lawn green, with Lime added around the belly and mouth area. On the top of the hoodie were two big white and black eyes. If was fluffy and…well, it had frog design. Simply crazy, same as the frog slippers. Frog slippers that L.Joe usurped. HaeJung sighed. She looked at the hoodie once again and continued to explore stores for something to wear on the Saturday.

***

Niel wanted to go and see Changjo joining the club, but he saw HaeJung as she practicaly run away from school to somewhere. He just naturally followed her. Maybe it was because he was bored a little…but he also remembered what L.Joe said this morning.
,,Niel…by any chance…well, how to put it…why did you even care about that? Just saying, but that girl has boyfriend,´´
He wanted to make sure. He went after her, randomly humming some melodies that came to his mind, occasionally singing some parts of the songs that played from stores he passed. People were glancing at him but he ignored them. HaeJung also didn´t notice him, so what?
He saw her buying the ice cream. He remembered the flavor. Then he saw her hair falling into it and he chuckled- it was funny to see her little mad. He followed her around, but sometimes he randomly went off to see some things on his own. But after some while he always came back to see what is HaeJung doing.
She stopped at one store and looked like she was amazed by something. Niel went little closer so he could see what was the thing what took all her attention. And then he saw it.
Frog hoodie.
Niel smiled. It was cute. HaeJung sighed and went away, but he saw as she was still turning back, looking at the hoodie. Niel got an idea.
He didn´t know why, but he went to that store and bought the hoodie. Woman behind cash register was little surprised, but she was used to weird people buying weird things, so she was also used to not ask any questions. She just smiled at him and decided to doesn´t mind him.
Afterwards, Niel happily went after HaeJung. He decided to surprise her. He followed her and wanted to jump before her when she will reach juice stall, but something happened.

***

HaeJung just saw some pretty looking accessories in the store opposite the juice stall…when she looked on the left side. Something told her to not look that way. But something, on the other way, told her to look, to see the truth. And saw it.
Her boyfriend.
And he wasn´t alone.
He was sitting on the bench with some…let´s call it girl. That something had so much make-up and  hair (bleached to really weird looking blonde) that it wasn´t easily identifiable. And they weren´t behaving like only friends.
HaeJung didn´t think about fact that they would behave like that on the public- this part of the mall was practically empty after all- but rather her mind was occupied with thoughts like why, why he did it, why he lied to her and why…why if he had some problem, why he didn´t tell her? Why he let her making all the effort for nothing?!
She felt tears falling her cheeks.
She could bet if she called anyone from his friends in their band, they would tell her they don´t have any practice today. She could bet she knew why he didn´t have any time for her in last few weeks. And she knew what was the thing Woohyun probably wanted to tell her before Chunji appeared in their club yesterday. He wasn´t too happy about her boyfriend in the first place anyway…
She suddenly felt warm hands cupping her face and wiping her tears away.
,,Don´t look at them,´´

***

MinHee stormed out of the club room. Woohyun had enough of the sense to stay away from her and hide his camera. Dongwoo was trying to catch all things that MinHee throwed- stuff from her bag (,,Where did she take so many pens?!´´), stuff that laid around like forgotten books and various others. Both of them didn´t have any chance to stop her from this. Woohyun realized it and gave up- he messaged Hoya.
,,I will tear him up next time! It´s because I got stressed out! You know how stressful it is to cook for your stupid brother and his gang of friends?! And not to mention the stressful fact your brother is attending the same school! And now one of his friends come and want to join the club! OF COURSE I WOULD BE STRESSED!´´ she shouted along.
,,Then let´s wait for the stress to disappear and fight him afterwards again,´´ said Hoya´s calm voice as he held MinHee´s hand which was about to throw her cell phone- gift from Hoya, just by the way.
,,Yeah, of course, let´s do that, what I was just talking about? About that I will wait and…´´ MinHee suddenly changed. Her energy dropped rapidly after all the throwing around. Dongwoo and Woohyun just sighed in relief.
Hoya didn´t have to ask what happened. On his way here he got enough information. He just took MinHee around her shoulders and decided to take her somewhere.
,,Let´s go to the sweet shop around the corner, hmm? You need some sugar anyway,´´ Hoya suggested and MinHee just nodded. Her mind was occupied with only one thing- Changjo, the boy who actually managed to defeat her.
Woohyun in the back glared at Hoya´s arm. His gaze changed when he realized Dongwoo is still beside him. He didn´t want to get found out. But Dongwoo was thinking about something else then jelaous Woohyun- he got strange feeling about HaeJung. He didn´t know why but he felt like something is wrong.

***

L.Joe was nervous. He knew HaeJung didn´t go to the press club today- Chunji told him.
,,How he managed to actually talk with her,´´ L.Joe sighed. Anyway, HaeJung evidently went shopping. But it was dark already and she still wasn´t back. He was angry at himself for not getting her number- he could have just called her or at least send her message asking if she is alright.
Because the image of summer sky suddenly turning into the big storm still kept replaying in his mind. He was scared that something happened to her. Something…what could have happened? She wouldn´t go to some weird places or take shortcuts, right? She isn´t that stupid or naive…or maybe she is, oh god.
He started preparing dinner. It could help calm him down a little- he remembered to put his shoes away and hide all things showing that someone is living there. That´s why he didn´t want to cook before HaeJung comes- in the case someone came and found warm food in empty house…well, he didn´t care.

***

Niel didn´t know what is he doing. He just froze there and watched. He saw tear drop from HaeJung´s eye and he saw what she was looking at. And he knew L.Joe was right. Or, almost right. HaeJung HAD a boyfriend. In the past tense.
He suddenly moved. He stood so HaeJung doesn´t see the couple and wiped her tears.
,,Don´t look at them,´´ he said quietly. HaeJung stared at him in surprise. He just looked deep into her eyes. Maybe he had habit to fall in love quickly…but he could say when it was just matter of the look and when it got serious. This was the second case, whatever L.Joe says. He grabbed her hand and took her away from the whole mall. Away from the whole thing.
When they exited the mall, Niel slowed down a little. He didn´t want to drag her completely- she was still crying and in the shock. He just locked their fingers and slowly took her to the nearest park. It was getting dark already and the park was half empty. They sat down on one of the benches. HaeJung was still sulking.
,,It´s okay. You don´t have to hold it back. Just cry if you want. I will stay with you,´´ Niel said as he caressed her head.
,,Why?...And…how did you…´´ HaeJung managed to say somehow. Niel smirked.
,,I was watching over one careless girl who just had a really bad luck today. And I don ´t think I need any reasons for what I did or still do…it´s only natural,´´
,,What is natural? And over what girl?´´ HaeJung eyed him, confused.
,,Over you, silly,´´ Niel smiled at her. ,,And it´s only natural to be with someone who isn´t feeling well, and more than natural if that someone is someone who you care about,´´
HaeJung just stared at him. She barely knew him- she saw him yesterday for the first time. If Chunji weren´t talking about him in few of his annoying stories and Niel himself wouldn´t attract attention by making MinHee mad, she wouldn´t even know about him. And yet he was there, saying he was watching over her and that it´s natural for him staying with her when…when she lost someone she trusted. When this crossed her mind, tears started to form again.
,,Come here,´´ Niel said and then pulled her into a hug. She started to shiver as she cried. They sit there for more than hour, even after HaeJung stopped crying, they still remained in that hug.

***

HaeJung saw her house. There was light in the kitchen. She panicked. She totally forgot about L.Joe! And he… argh. Niel next to her didn´t say a word. He just continued walking, holding her hand. She was little confused. She wasn´t holding hand like that with anyone, not even with Sandeul. Yet it felt somewhat natural and comfortable. They arrived.
,,Someone is home? I thought you live alone,´´ said Niel.
,,I probably forgot to switch lights off in the morning…´´ HaeJung said in low voice. She didn´t like to lie, but what could she do?
,,You should be more careful, you know? Well, anyway…can you manage on your own or should I stay with you?´´ Niel asked with worried look. HaeJung wanted to say yes, but she knew L.Joe would be in the kitchen. And if L.Joe is in the kitchen, then it means there is food prepared. And she didn´t have any excuse for that.
,,No, I can manage… we will see each other tomorrow at school, okay?´´ she smiled at him. He returned the smile.
,,Ok, then take a care. If something, write or call,´´ Niel waved goodbye, but then he stopped, turned back and hugged HaeJung once more.
,,Goodnight, ´´ he placed a kiss on her forehead. She stood here for a while, before she turned and run into her house. Niel smirked at that. He knew it could be little confusing for her, after what happened earlier, but then…he had advantage now. And he didn´t want let it slip.

In the house, L.Joe was sitting in the kitchen. He already ate. There was another serving on the other side of the table. He heard front door open and close. He stood up immediately and run to the hall. HaeJung was there, taking off her shoes.
,,Do you know how worried I was?! Where were you so long? It´s already dark outside! Something might have happened- what happened?´´ He started to shout at her but when she looked up and he saw her red eyes, he changed the last sentence and asked it in worried tone (still shouting, tough).
,,Nothing. Nothing that has something to do with you,´´ she just replied and went straight to her room- or wanted to, but L.Joe caught her hand. She turned, annoyed.
,,What?´´ she looked into his eyes.
,,Who did it?´´ L.Joe asked instead.
,,Who did what?´´
,,Who made you cry?´´
,,Not your business, ´´ she snapped. L.Joe took a deep breath.
,,Yes it is,´´ he grabbed her wrist more tightly and turned her completely so they were facing each other.
,,Oh really? How it is your business? Why do you care what made your landlady cry?´´ she snapped again. L.Joe didn´t know how to answer that. Why did he care? She was just giving him the shelter. But something in her simply made him care.
,,I just care. It´s enough for reason? ´´ he asked but she didn´t answer. Instead of that she wanted to go away. But L.Joe didn´t let her go. He pulled her closer and hugged her quickly. It was almost a reflex.
,,You have dinner in the kitchen,´´ he whispered and then he walked away, to his room.
HaeJung just stood here confused. So let´s recapitulate last two days. One, she let complete stranger (ok, she knew his name) to live in her house. Two, he practically stole her big cup and frog slippers. Three, her boyfriend was cheating on her. Four, two guys, including the stranger she was living with hugged her and cared about her for no reason. Her mind was just going to explode. She sat down at the kitchen and as she started to eat already cold food, she took out blank paper and colored pencils and at the top she wrote ,,Things that don´t make sense´´ and listed the previous four on the list below.
When she finished, she went up to her room and looked at the bag Niel gave her. He said it was a present for her. She carefully opened it and stared at what was inside.
The frog hoodie.