Meeting with the Nine

(Editing, hiatus)Cup of coffee and frog slippers

HaeJung hated getting up in the morning. When she was trying to do something with her hair, she kept mumbling about how she would save some time for her sleep if she had short hair…but Sandeul liked long. She somehow put her uniform on and wanted to go down, when she remembered she forgot to put the stuff for the club into her schoolbag. Being someone who gives advices to others was responsible position. HaeJung wondered how she became like that.
When she came down the stairs, she got a shock. There was breakfast on the table, along with coffee and tea. HaeJung blinked few times. Then she almost jumped out of her skin when she heard the voice.
,,Are you up? Great, I was wondering how I do wake you up since I can´t go into your room,´´ HaeJung turned to see L.Joe in the door of the living room, with HER big cup for coffee she got from Sungyeol. Memories from yesterday came back. That guy here is living with her.
,,Why do you have MY cup again?´´ she cried in low voice, L.joe ignored her.
,,Breakfast will be cold if you don´t eat it now,´´ he pointed to the table. HaeJung hesitated, but then she went and sat down.
,,What?´´ asked L.Joe since he saw her awkwardness.
,,Just…I didn´t have such a big breakfast for ages,´´ and homemade to the plus he got with her, HaeJung added. L.Joe smirked. He went to the kitchen, to put the empty cup to the sink and HaeJung saw why she couldn´t find her frog slippers. He was wearing them.
,,What are you waiting for?´´ she asked before she drank half of the coffee.
,,To go to the school with you,´´ he simply replied.
,,YOU go NOW, alone,´´ she glared at him.
,,Forgot? If we are seen going to the school together, it will be suspicious. And I´m really curious how you would explain the whole thing to MinHee,´´ HaeJung explained. L.Joe was watching her for a while, then he took his things and left. HaeJung finished her breakfast and left for school too. She was sure Sungyeol and L were already waiting for her on their usual meeting spot.

***

When L.Joe got near the school gate, someone tapped him on the shoulder. It was Chunji.
,,Hey! Where are you staying now? I thought you were at Ricky´s house, but he said that you were already somewhere else…´´ he asked in his cheerful tone  but L.Joe heard concern in it. He sighed. How he could tell him? HaeJung would kill him at the spot. Or, more likely, MinHee would be one killing him, HaeJung would just stand and watch.
,,Well…I found one really good place. Looks like I can stay here for now and I´m not being burden, more like I´m the one who brought order to that house,´´ L.Joe replied and greeted others who were standing at the entrance of their new school.
,,Are they some sort of idols or what?´´ asked Ricky as most students around suddenly started to lower their voices and stared at nine persons which were coming. One student from the crowd heard the question, turned around and answered.
,,Well, you could say so. They are nine most famous student of our school…or you could say role models. You guys are new here, right?´´ he scanned them with annoying stare and then started, academically:
,,On the very left is L. He is sarcastic handsome boy from the library. Girls mostly only go there to stare at him, but none of them actually dares to speak with him. He is childhood friend with HaeJung the girl next to him. HaeJung is like blessing for those who has problems or some sort of dilemma. She is one of the top students in second year and she manages advice corner in the school press club. Next to her is Sungyeol, her best friend and also childhood friend with L. He is in the drama club. He often gets to problematic or awkward situations…but he is lucky one. The girl with blue strand of hair is MinHee,´´ at this point, CAP rolled his eyes- ,,she is one of the best martial artists at our school, popular with boys, one of the HaeJung´s closest friends (apparently only one of the girl´s population here who managed to get so close to her). The boy who pats her shoulder and whispering her something is Hoya. He is captain of our soccer club and one of the best sportsmen. He is oddly quiet and kind of…phlegmatic, but he knows about everything that happens here, like if he had eyes everywhere. Next to him jumps Dongwoo. He is helping in the drama club…well, he is helping in any club that asks him, and anybody who asks him. I don´t really know if he is so naïve, or doesn´t think…anyway, his grades are quite good. The two who are talking about the photos they are holding are Woohyun and Sungjong. Both of them are in press club too- Sungjong does commenting on fashion and Woohyun is photographer. Sungjong is only first year but he already gained a lot of trust and respect…he is good friend of L and his personality is really bright and happy and positive…and so on. Woohyun is kind of flirty person, some finds him annoying. But he knows what he is doing. Lastly, on the very right, the one who tries to call Dongwoo over is Sunggyu. He is student council president, top student in third year and he has the authority here. Don´t mess up with him. He seems mostly calm, but you can find MinHee standing right behind him and she isn´t person with so much patience,´´ L.Joe didn´t know if he should be amazed from what he just heard or of the lung capacity of the speaker.
,,So, in other words, they aren´t someone who we should mess up with,´´ Ricky pointed out and L.Joe heard Changjo whispering to himself something like ,,Really? No one got that just now from that speech,´´
,,Not if you don´t want whole school to be against you. You should try to not stand out too much since you are new here,´´ added the student and then he disappeared. Strange one.
,,So I´m sitting with two of them? I don´t know if I should cry or yell in happiness,´´ Chunji smiled. Niel nodded.
,,You two are lost cases,´´ sighed CAP and went inside the school. L.Joe was dragged in by Niel who ,,wanted to talk´´.
,,What?´´ asked L.Joe as they found a corner where they could talk.
,,I…just wanted to ask- do you like someone of the Nine?´´ Niel asked in low voice. L.Joe stayed staring at him. What? The Nine?
,,Oh, you mean those nine ,,wanna-be-idols´´? Well, what do you mean by like? I´m not here longer than one day. I possibly can´t like someone just like that, not to mention seven of the nine are guys,´´ L.Joe leaned against wall.
,,Since when did it matter to you…well anyway, I was just asking since it seemed like you were observing carefully one of the girls, HaeJung,´´ Niel smiled. L.Joe gulped. He must´ve been staring at her without even realizing it. Not that he cared that much, but… things he knew about her from her home and things that guy outside said weren´t exactly matching. Also he tried to find out why someone would take her as role model. That girl even can´t cook!
,,Well, I was just staring into the outer space…´´ L.Joe said and when he looked into Niel´s eyes, it happened again. He saw Niel smiling and joking around, then running off somewhere…and then the picture changed. Niel was glaring at him. Or…was it him? Or it was someone else?
,,Niel…by any chance…well, how to put it…why did you even care about that? Just saying, but that girl has boyfriend,´´ L.Joe pointed out when he realized something- that the fact HaeJung has a boyfriend wasn´t included in the speech outside. Niel looked at him in confusion.
,,How do you know that?´´
,,Well…I happened to walk yesterday and overheard someone talking about it,´´ L.Joe shrugged. He remembered the picture he saw yesterday while HaeJung was talking with her boyfriend. Well, he couldn´t do anything about that one since HaeJung wouldn´t listen to him, but he could try and save Niel from what he saw. But once again, what was the thing he saw? Niel angry at him? Wasn´t it mostly like saving himself?
,,Saving a friendship if it was me who he glared at,´´ L.Joe said to himself in his mind. Niel just smiled again.
,,Well maybe it´s not true. You know I fall in love easily, right? Well, I noticed MinHee being close to HaeJung, so I tried to befriend her a little…but CAP hyung for some reason didn´t let me to talk with her too much, saying something about staring into the face of death or what…´´ and with this L.Joe let Niel drag him back to their classroom. Niel changed topic few times and L.Joe knew his ,,falling in love´´ was really light right now, but it could change. Oh my.
When they arrived, Niel suddenly let him go and shouted ,,MinHee, gooooood morning!´´ . MinHee just stared at him in disbelieve, while HaeJung and Sungyeol, wide-eyed, looked from one to another. Hoya was glaring at Niel´s back and L just looked up from his book. Well, L.Joe didn´t know if befriending MinHee was the best strategy.
He saw Chunji, who was sitting beside HaeJung. He held his own hand in the way it looked like they probably had some conversation together before Niel shouted (and from the way Sungyeol was sitting, he didn´t like the fact). Niel got from one end of the class to another and jumped around MinHee´s neck. And in the next second he was at the floor.
MinHee mumbled something about weird people, Hoya smirked, L returned to his book, Sungyeol laughed HaeJung just sighed and turned back to Chunji who simply said her ,,I told him it was bad idea,´´. Well, everyone in class kind of expected it. MinHee was known as someone who doesn´t like to be touched.
What no one, not even L.Joe, expected was Niel standing up, smiling widely and asking how was her morning. That guy was just thrown at the floor and he causaly continues like it was something normal.
,,Well, true…he is CAP childhood friend and CAP must have practiced with someone,´´ L.Joe said to himself and went to sit down. What a weird day.

***

CAP sighed as the bell ringed for the end of the classes. He started packing his stuff when he overheard Woohyun and Dongwoo.
,,I just need someone to help me arrange things around. I need few shots of the martial arts club. I would normally take HaeHae, but she has to do some shopping. Her boyfriend and her has something this Saturday, she probably wants to look pretty,´´ Woohyun was explaining. Cap frowned. He knew HaeJung had boyfriend, or at least he thought so from what he overheard from his sister. But he didn´t like the idea of what Woohyun was saying. Trying to look pretty for your boyfriend was nice, but CAP remembered his conversation when he asked her about rain. She said her long hair is nuisance. And if he remembered correctly, from childhood HaeJung liked short hair more. Only thing that could possibly explain her having long hair is boyfriend.
Also he didn´t like Woohyun calling her HaeHae. Were they that close?
,,It´s ok, I will help you. I have time anyway. HaeHae and her boyfriend are on good terms then, heh?´´ Dongwoo answered while looking outside the window.
,,Looks like that. But…I don’t know. Like, I know she is kind of naïve and all…but I don´t like how they are seeing each other. Like, she calls him and he doesn´t have time and so on, they go out once a week at most. I smell something fishy there,´´ Woohyun sighed. Dongwoo turned at him in shock, but Woohyun didn´t see his face since he was busy trying to do something with his camera.
,,You think so? Why don´t you tell HaeHae then?´´
,,I don´t want to be the pessimistic one here. Look, maybe it´s because if I had a girlfriend, only reason to behave like that would be me seeing someone other or trying to hide something,´´ Woohyun shrugged.
,,Let´s go, I heard there will be someone trying to join the club and I want to have best shots,´´ Woohyun dragged Dongwoo with blank expression out of the classroom. CAP left after them. He didn´t like what he heard at all. And what more, he agreed with Woohyun. That behavior wasn´t normal.

***

MinHee was standing in the middle of the club room, which was practically small gym for martial arts. Members of the club were standing by the walls, chatting. And opposite her was standing someone from the first year who wanted to join. He was one of the new kids.
,,You are friend of Niel´s ?´´ she asked him.
,,And also your brother´s friend, you saw me yesterday at your house,´´ answered the boy. Heavy silence dropped in the room. Even Woohyun, who was annoying MinHee by snapping pictures with his camera froze. Everyone knew MinHee´s brother wasn´t something to talk about.
,,I thought you look familiar,´´ MinHee´s tone was cold as ice. ,,Well, if you want to join, you have to show what you can do. Come on, don´t hold back,´´ MinHee called him and prepared for him to attack. She heard Woohyun started taking pictures again. She did a mental note to herself to throw him out the window after she is done with this one.
The boy started attacking, MinHee defended herself for a while and then decided to attack back. He wasn´t bad but she didn´t have a whole day…but the attack was what the boy was waiting for. It was a trap.
Everyone in the room was staring at the two as they were fighting, cheering for MinHee (some more daring for the boy) and Woohyun was taking photos like crazy.
Then something happened.
In a flash, MinHee was on her back on the floor. She was staring at the first year like if he was from another planet.
,,My name is Changjo,´´ he smiled and walked to his friend to get something to drink.
Everyone was silent. This never happened before.
,,Did you just see that?´´ Wohyun asked Dongwoo, who was sitting by his left side.
,,I see tomorrow´s headline in our school newspaper,´´ Dongwoo answered.
,,Bang MinHee beaten by the first year boy,´´ smirked Woohyun.

 

Hey there! next chapter  is here~ I hope you like it so far.
In there we got to know little about the ,,Nine´´, how Niel called our nine popular students (Infinite & our two girls, MinHee and HaeJung). Also we can see another example of L.Joe´s sixth sense. And start of some relationships.
I plan doing next chapter with profiles on every person from the nine...so you don´t get too confused ^^
Well, enjoy and comment~^^
Krakin~