The world has gone crazy

(Editing, hiatus)Cup of coffee and frog slippers

It was getting late and the air outside was cold. Hae Jung was following that guy who just invaded her house with the expression of the cat before the bath full of water.
On the other hand L.Joe seemed like if he was in his ideal world. Well, or at least, he smiled like that.
,,Hurry up, HaeHae,´´ he called as he realized his pace was either too quick, or the pace of HaeJung was too slow.
,,Call me like that one more time and you are out of the place,´´ she answered.
They reached the grocery store. L.Joe started shopping with HaeJung just following him. Once in a while L.Joe would turn to her and ask if she liked this or that and she just nodded. L.Joe became serious after some time.
,,Hey, what´s with you? You were at least angry before; now you scare me,´´ he finally stopped and faced her.
,,Well I apologize for scaring you, but it´s time for me to be in my room, finishing the work for the school and then either lazing with TV or chatting with my boyfriend. And not only that you came and made me angry, but now you are dragging me along doing something useless,´´ she answered in absolutely calm voice.
,,What do you mean useless?! That house is empty!´´
,,Well, there is fast food over there and I have a number on pizza store nearby. Also, there is few instant noodles in the cupboard, if I remember correctly…´´ HaeJung just passed him and took one bottle of coffee from the cupboard.
,,Don´t tell me you don´t cook at all,´´ he stared at her. She nodded. Oh dear god.
,,Well, you are lucky I´ve come,´´ he sighed.
,,Why?´´
,,Why what?´´
,,Why did you come? To MY house?´´ L.Joe could hear a little of anger in the word ,,My´´.
,,You had the door open,´´ L.Joe answered.
,,That´s not an answer, you know. There are plenty of another houses around, you could go anywhere else,´´
,,Maybe, but not everyone who either forgot to close doors like you or shut the windows had comfy empty room and my favorite slippers,´´ HaeJung sighted. She remembered MinHee talking something about ,,limited edition´´ when she was giving them to her; but what did L.Joe mean by favorite, really.
,,How could you know that that room was empty?´´ HaeJung asked, but she probably knew the answer. The room in her house that was used as room for guests wasn´t cleaned in…well…two years, maybe?
,,Do I really need to answer this?´´ L.Joe smirked. ,,But, you know, you look tired; it´s because of the club activities?´´ he asked as he saw her slow reactions.
,,No, it´s just…really, I don´t get people who gets angry practically everyday. It´s tiring!´´ she rubbed back of her head furiously. L.Joe just smiled and went to pay for their (or mostly his) purchase.
When they got out of the shop, L.Joe wanted to ask something, but HaeJung´s cell phone rang. She picked it up and her expression became as bright as sun in the middle of the summer. L.Joe´s mind suddenly crossed a picture of summer day, beautiful, warm and sunny; and then in a moment, big storm came and ruined everything. He knew this wasn´t just his imagination, it was something Chunji called ,,sixth sense´´ and it meant whatever made HaeJung that happy, it will hurt her in the near future.
HaeJung gesticulated to L.Joe to stay quiet. On the other side was Sandeul, HaeJung´s boyfriend. They were dating for more than one year already. He was kind of busy lately, so they would meet only once a week and mostly talked on the phone. HaeJung really didn´t mind it. But then Sandeul asked something.
,,Is it OK if I came now? It would be only for five minutes or so, but…´´ as HaeJung heard this, her world became upside down. She couldn´t remember if any of L.Joe´s belongings were on visible places and moreover, if he wanted to come, he must go the road where she and L.joe are right now. And she couldn´t imagine how to explain that she would be living with some stranger (maybe he is just a renter, but still, he is a boy).
,,You know, I´m not home yet, I…I went for grocery shopping, so I won´t make it anyway,´´ well, she didn´t lie.
,,You did? But, I´m 20 minutes from your house, so you should be back earlier,´´ so he is behind the corner! If he takes a few more steps…
,,I went to shop near MinHee´s house! I didn´t get home yet, we had some work to do at club and so…´´ Ok, she started to lie now. She saw L.Joe laughing. If he had only a little of politeness he would try to hold it back!
,,Oh well…it would be just saying hi anyway. Well, we will see each other on Saturday, right? So, bye,´´ and he hung up. L.Joe started to laugh aloud. OK, at least he didn´t make any sound while she was talking with Sandeul.
,,What´s so funny?´´ she frowned.
,,Well, you should´ve seen your face!´´ L.Joe stopped when he saw her current face.
,,We have to add few more rules, since you really don´t look like you would just pack your belongings and go somewhere else,´´ HaeJung turned and started marching home.
When they got home, L.joe headed to kitchen and started cooking. HaeJung never did something like this; only homemade meals were those MinHee brought her, or when she visited Sungyeol, L or Sungjong. She just passed him carefully and sat on chair, facing him.
,,I have few rules, if you really want to stay here. First, like I said, you can´t enter my room or any rooms that´s in that hall over there. You can´t enter the hall either. You can´t leave your things randomly around the house in the case someone came- so you must hide your shoes,´´ at that point, L.Joe interrupted.
,,Why do I have to hide them?´´
,,Well, you want someone to know we live together?´´ she raised her eyebrow.
,,Well…I suppose YOU don´t, I don´t really mind if someone finds out,´´ L.Joe went back to cooking. ,,Anything else?´´
,,Well, since I don´t suppose you could afford paying rent, you will cook, clean and so on. Oh, and when someone rings on the door, don´t go and open it. Especially when I´m not home,´´ with this she stood up and left the kitchen.
L.Joe just sighed. When he was passing this house this afternoon and saw name ,,Hwang HaeJung´´ on the mailbox, he simply deduced that he could have a little look inside. When he discovered letter saying something like ,,I will call you when I would know when I can return to Korea for a while, Dad´´ and one room which was obviously un-used, his problem was solved. He was staying with Chunji for about four months and although he knew Chunji didn´t mind it at all, L.Joe didn´t felt too good. Partly because of Chunji´s older sister who fell for L.Joe and were nuisance. So he wanted to go somewhere else for a while…but, no luck, no one could afford having L.Joe home for more than few days. And since HaeJung was the one who brought him down this morning, L.Joe could a little so he can stay here for some time…this was his original thoughts. But HaeJung agreed with him staying there unless he breaks the rules. Well, the ending was better than planned.

***

MinHee returned exhausted. Trying to not meet her brother whole day was tiring- she had to suddenly run up the stairs although she needed to go straight for the next period and so on. HaeJung said she is just acting like super-agent or something, but usually followed her (well, she didn´t have a chance to choose in reality- MinHee simply dragged her along and since HaeJung was always the weak one…).
She decided to make some dinner and then invite HaeJung, but, mistake in the process. The door opened and her brother came, alongside with bunch of his friends. Together with that annoying friend that was put in her class. Oh my.
,,Oh, MinHee! Long time no see!´´ That annoying one jumped around MinHee´s neck. MinSoo just gulped. His opinion was that girls in general were dangerous when they were in the kitchen. And his sister was holding hot pan with oil right now.
,,What do you mean ,,long time´´?! It´s not even two hours!´´ MinHee snapped.
,,N-niel? You know my younger sister?´´ Minsoo smiled nervously. Ricky and Changjo were talking about something and completely ignored the whole situation.
,,Of course! We are sitting next to each other!´´ Niel showed almost twenty eight teeth. MinHee looked like she was hesitating between hitting him with the pan (with the warm oil), or stabbing him with the knife which laid few centimeters away.
,,Cap? Are we getting something to eat? I´m dying of hunger…´´ Changjo came into the kitchen and froze as he saw the scene. MinSoo´s pale face told him something wasn´t right.
,,MinHee? Are you cooking for someone or…´´ he was interrupted.
,,Do you think I cook just for fun or to get better in it? Of course I´m cooking for someone! ´´ MinHee exploded. MinSoo reacted in the split of second. He grabbed Niel and dragged him with Changjo out of the kitchen and up to his room. Ricky was already here, laying in the bed.
,,Why you did that?´´ Niel was in the shock of sudden change of the surroundings.
,,How many times do I need to say that? My sister is walking time-bomb. You provoked her enough, Niel. She is probably stressed about something lately,´´ MinSoo, or Cap, said.
,,Did you realize you were staring to the face of death right there?´´ asked him Changjo. Overall, he didn´t thought MinHee was scary, but as Cap just said, she wasn´t in the good mood.
,,What are you talking about? I just wanted to talk with her. We are classmates, and even more, deskmates!´´ Niel was so happy that he simply laid next to the Ricky.
Suddenly, the shout pierced the air.
,,Are you going to eat or not?!´´ MinHee was shouting from downstairs. Cap smiled.
,,She isn´t that bad, you know?´´ Said Ricky as he was passing him.
,,The world has gone crazy,´´ smirked MinSoo and he followed other guys for the meal.
MinHee just disappeared in her room. Her intentions about making HaeJung a dinner failed.
 

 

Hey guys! So, this one is little shorter (But well, I got cought- I should have been asleep for some hours now and you know grandmothers, right?)
So, thanks for your comments and support!^^
Krák~