Robbers? Businessmen?

A Hundred Memories

A/N: Robbers? Businessmen?

Kai stood outside of the building Sehun had given him the address to. “This is it.” Kai mumbled under his breath, stuffing the paper in his pocket and walking towards the building’s front door. He opened the glass door and a bell chimed. He stepped in cautiously, and looked around. “Hello?” He walked in further stopping at the front desk.

“Who is it?” He heard a voice call out to him from a distance and recognized the lisp.

“It’s Kai!” He waited a few seconds and still silence settled throughout the building. “Sehun?” Kai whispered looking around suspiciously. Suddenly the silence was pushed away as a lovely sound flowed through the building. A small smile spread across Kai’s lips as he swayed unnoticeably to the music. Sehun appeared in the doorway with a violin trapped between his shoulder and chin. Sehun moved to the music towards Kai, who stood there feeling himself become gooey and mushy. Without warning, the music came to an abrupt stop and Kai tilted his head in confusion.

“What instrument do you wanna learn first?” Kai blinked and looked at Sehun with an unreadable expression. Kai was silent for a long moment before Sehun spoke, stuttering and apologizing. “I’m sorry…I just thought maybe since you liked my playing that you would want to learn a song or two.” Sehun looked away, a light blush of embarrassment spreading across his cheeks. Kai shook his head and Sehun’s frown only deepened.

“I wanna learn them all!” Kai squealed excitedly trying to take the violin out of Sehun’s hands, as the latter constantly moved the instrument out of Kai’s reach and away from his hands. “What’re you-gimme!” Kai opened and closed his hands quickly mimicking a small child requesting a toy.

“Now, now, Kai.” Sehun waggled his finger and Kai’s arms dropped down to his side, pouting.  “You have to be patient.” Sehun nodded cutely.

“I don’t wanna be patient! Gimme, Sehun!” Kai stepped into Sehun’s personal space and the younger gasped.

“Kai!” Sehun squeaked. “Stop it.” Kai grabbed Sehun’s hand holding the instrument and tried to pry it from his fingers. “Too rough, Kai!” Kai stepped backwards.

“I’m sorry.” Kai pouted and Sehun straightened his clothing.

“It’s okay.” Sehun cleared his throat and Kai smiled again.

“Gimme?” Kai asked this time and Sehun giggled.

“Let me show you how to hold it. Okay, come back here with me.” Sehun waved with his free hand signaling for Kai to follow him. Kai followed him towards the back room, observing the trinkets lined throughout the store. “Wait right here.” Kai found himself coming to a curt halt as the door was slammed shut in his face.

“Sehun?” Kai questioned, confused. There was no response from the younger boy, only silence set in the uneasy air as Kai’s stomach leapt feeling as if chains were trying to hold the organ down. He heard something crash and he tried to push open the door. He heard a howl of pain. “Sehun-ah!” Kai pushed on the door, slamming his hand against the wooden surface, begging for Sehun to answer him. “Open up, Sehun-ah!” Kai rammed the side of his fist into the door.

The door flung open and Kai’s hand stopped right in front of his face. “You almost hit me!” Sehun shrieked and Kai shook his head quickly in denial. “Yes, you did!” Kai still shook his head. “Yes, you did.” Sehun said again, his voice deeper and his lips poked out.

“Did not!” Kai countered.

“Did too!” Sehun retorted, sticking his tongue out, making Kai mirror Sehun’s childish gesture. Kai crossed his arms over his chest. “Whatevs.” Kai fought back a laugh. “Can we go to a café instead because I messed up that whole backroom.” Sehun frowned and Kai chuckled.

“As you wish, Hunnie.” Kai his heel looking back to Sehun for second and then continuing his walk to his car. “You wanna take my car?” Sehun nodded.

“I don’t drive.” Kai’s head cocked and his mouth hung open.

“What?”

“Those things are dangerous.” Sehun whispered sheepishly. Kai shook his head.

“I suppose you’re right, Sehun.” Kai continued walking and held the door open for Sehun. Sehun walked through and Kai ran to his car opening the passenger side door.

“You don’t have to…”

“Relax, I’m just being polite.” Kai smiled. Sehun nodded and slid in, shifting into a comfortable position. Kai shut the door and rounded the car to mirror Sehun’s actions. Pulling out of the spot Kai drove out of the parking lot and onto the road.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Sehun closed his menu and Kai tapped the table with impatience. “Is something wrong?” Sehun pouted and Kai’s finger stopped.

“No,” Sehun looked confused and Kai continued. “I just really have to use the restroom.”  Sehun made an ‘O’ shape with his mouth, a light blush spreading across his face. Kai chuckled and stood from his seat. “I’ll be right back. If the waitress, comes I want water.” Sehun nodded and Kai began to walk away.

“Wait, Kai, you left your phone!” Sehun called after him and Kai turned around.

“It’s fine, you hold it for me. I really gotta go.” Sehun giggled and Kai continued walking.

Pushing open the bathroom door, the smell of urine filled Kai’s nostrils and he coughed, his face contorting in disgust. The door shut quietly behind him and he positioned himself in front of the urinal, pulling down his pants and tilting his head up. A few seconds past and he sighed in relief. “Ahhh.” He pulled his pants back up. He sauntered over to the sink, a smile on his face. He scrubbed his hands and grabbed a few paper towels from the dispenser on the wall. He dried his hands and put the damp paper towels in the trash. He moved for the door but stopped abruptly when he heard yelling. Kai strained to hear what was being said.

“THIS IS A ROBBERY!” Screaming erupted and Kai dropped to his knees peering under the door. “Everybody against the wall!” Kai could only see the feet of the assailants. ‘Dress shoes?’ Kai thought, confused. ‘businessmen?’ More shouting was heard and Kai stood up. ‘This doesn’t make any sense.’ Kai struggled to understand what was going on. He bit his lip as possibilities and scenarios swarmed and swam through his mind. After a few seconds Kai sighed inaudibly and pursed his lips, nodding his head reluctantly. He was going to have to break the enemy’s forces without even coming into contact with them; much easier said than done. Kai went over what he knew. 1. No way to contact the police because his phone was out there; 2. Sehun was in danger; 3. There was a likelihood that these men were inexperienced, judging by their shoes. 4. Businessmen are easier to crack and they’ll most likely never be expecting him; and 5. They probably have no idea he was even there.

Kai frowned. Sehun was in danger and at risk of being hurt or worse. Kai would love to be out there shielding him and taking the blows for the younger, but Kai knew that would merely make things worse. In order to save his new and hopefully long-time friend, Kai would have to keep his distance, and Kai felt this might just be the hardest thing he had ever attempted. Kai knew that staying away from a distressed Sehun was the most difficult thing he would ever do, and that this impromptu strategic battle would be cake walk compared to the former.

A/N: ....I've been reading The Art of War by Sun Tzu....and I've been playing GO a lot-both great things. The first is a book and GO is an asian strategic game. Anyway, I was really inspired by them and when I had a chance to write I decided to make this chapter. If you don't like it I'll skip ahead and we can just assume that Kai did it or I can write a super cool strategic battle-ish chapter that I've been kicking around in my mind since I saw a certain episode of Battle Star Galactica. I'm a nerd. Lol. Anyway, because I'm so busy and I have scant amounts of time to write I have a proposition. I need to know how I'm doing on this story and whether to continue or not, so I will only continue the story if I have at least six comments per update. If you guys like it or don't like it, let me know. Okay, thanks for reading! Bye-bye for now. Thanks for being so patient too. ^-^