Beautiful

A Hundred Memories

A/N: So, finally, I've updated. Been really busy this week, so I updated a little later than usual. So, please, put down your pitchforks and enjoy! Haha. :)

"I can't believe you're making me go to this." Kai whined loudly as he was dragged by his best friend into the concert hall. "Kyungsoo!" Kai struggled against his grip. Kyungsoo turned around and kicked the former in the shin. "Ow! What the hell?" Kai shrieked in pain.

"Stop being a baby, let's go." Kyungsoo deadpanned. "We're going to be late." Kyungsoo pulled him towards the entrance again and handed the doorman the ticket. Said doorman snatched the ticket from his hand and Kyungsoo frowned, all the while, a very upset Kai is struggling to no avail.
"Enjoy." The man said flatly. Kyungsoo nodded and tugged Kai into the building.

"Welcome to the Korean symphony!" A man on an intercom erupted and the curtains to the stage lifted. "First up, in a solo performance, is Oh Sehun!" The light landed on Sehun and Kai's eyes widened. Sitting down all the way in the back, Kai sat up straight trying to see the familiar face. Beautiful sounds poured out of the instrument and swirled around the room. Kai's jaw dropped and he turned to his best friend.

"What's he playing?" Kai whispered.

"It's an original piece called 'Love's midnight.'" Kyungsoo looked up from the piece of paper and looked to Kai. "Do you like it?" He grinned mischievously. Kai looked back to the cellist.

"It's beautiful." Low sounds mixed with high; loud mixed with soft. Vibrations of the music enveloped Kai's muscular frame and all at once, Kai felt like a child again. He felt the same way he did when his mom played her violin before she died. He swayed back and forth. The emotion put into the music was saddening, uplifting, inspiring, and most of all beautiful. The way the boy played was full of passion as his body moved to the rhythm. The music immediately captured your attention and made you understand exactly how he was feeling. It was, in the most metaphoric sense, love in music. Kai let his eyes drift close as he swayed, in tune with the feel of the musician. The bow of the instrument ran across the strings quickly then melted into a slow pull. A high pitch was hit then the cellist moved the bow quickly, slicing the definition of music into beautiful petals. Each of these petals had a word, a feeling, a meaning, and Kai understood it all. Never before had he been so in tune with someone so deeply. He wanted to open his eyes, watch the crowd’s reaction to the masterpiece, but Kai's body had melted into a shutdown, a standstill, and he was left swaying uncontrollably at the hands of an exquisite musician; one destined for greatness and glory.

A standing ovation was given and Kai was snapped back to reality. Kai turned to Kyungsoo, a light bulb sparking to life. "I think I've met him before, Kyung." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the nickname.

"When?" He sighed.

"Um, it was..." Kai fought with his memory in a battle to remember important occurrences. "On a plane!" Kai screamed an epiphany and was shushed by surrounding listeners.

"Well, then you should talk to him." Kyungsoo offered. Kai pursed his lips.

"I don't think he liked me too much." Kai frowned and Kyungsoo patted his back consolingly.

"There, there. I'm sure if you talk to him again you guys can start over." Kyungsoo hummed and Kai smiled.

"I suppose you're right." The curtains that had gone down were now rising again, and the announcer was doing his job.

"Now, the full symphony!" Kai searched for Sehun in the mix of people and spotted him with the rest of the cellists. He watched as, once again, Sehun poured his soul into his playing. His pointer finger vibrated, so to speak, against the strings. His eyes were closed and his lips loose. He was making the audience fall in love with him. The instruments blended in perfect harmony. The violins played solo for a moment then the rest joined in furtively. Kai's vision was trained on Sehun and he watched as the latter played smoothly. There was no doubt in Kai's mind that this boy was a prodigy.

Another standing ovation, and another, and another. The crowd went wild for, not only Sehun, but the rest of the symphony as well. Currently, the symphony was bowing and exciting the stage. "Sehun!" Kai shouted jumping up and down trying to get Sehun to notice.

"What're you doing?" Kyungsoo whispered harshly.

"I gotta talk to him, Kyung!" Kai bent down and took the paper out his best friend's hands. Pulling out a pen and scribbling hard and quickly on the object, Kai ran out of the building, leaving a dumbfounded best friend to catch up. Kai ran around the building and towards the entrance and exit for musicians and workmen.

"Kai! Kai! What're you doing? Get back here!" Kyungsoo shouted, putting his hands around his lips to make his voice carry further. Skidding to a halt, Kai looked at the bouncers at the back entrance.

"Hey, who are you?!" The man beside the door was now approaching them with a flashlight and Kyungsoo ran, the sounds of his sneakers hitting the floor reverberating of the alley way-like walls.

"Can I talk to Oh Sehun?" Kai asked boldly. The man raised an eyebrow.

"You a stalker?" He asked skeptically.

"No, I'm not. All I ask is that you give him this piece of paper. If he doesn't call me I'll never bother him again, but I've met him before and I wanna catch up." Kai panted, still catching his breath from the running. He perked up at the sound of the door opening. "Sehun!" Kai shouted, making Sehun's head snap his way. Sehun approached them.

"A fan?" Sehun asked, smiling.

"Yeah, but I can't tell if he's deranged or not, yet." The bouncer laughed.

"Would you like an autograph?" Sehun asked.

"No, I want to hang out with you sometime. We met on a plane when I was seventeen and I remembered you. You played amazingly and I was wondering if you'd do me the honor of conversing with me?" Sehun's face changed to unreadable.

"Kai?" He asked monotonously and Kai nodded.

"Here, just take my number and if later you want to call me you can." Sehun snatched the paper from his hand, and without another word, walked away. Kai frowned, but nonetheless, his heel and ran to catch up to his best friend before he left him behind. Rounding the building again, Kai saw Kyungsoo's car was starting up. He crossed the street, cars honking at his recklessness. Coming to a stop at the passenger side of Kyungsoo's car, he flung open the door and got in, panting once again.

"That was crazy! What did you do?" Kyungsoo yelled making Kai flinch.

"I gave him my number and told him to call me." Kai replied softly. Kyungsoo shook his head and pulled out of the spot.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Kai knew he shouldn’t get his hopes up. He knew Sehun wouldn't call, and even if he did, he was surely not going to call tonight. His phone rang and vibrated on the table next to him. His eyes widened and a tinge of hope bounced around in his heart. He picked it up and flung it open. "Hello?" His heart raced.

"Hey...um, this is Oh Sehun..." Sehun trailed off.

"You called." Kai cursed himself for sounding so excited.

"Hn." Kai cleared his throat nervously. "So, I don't know why I'm calling. And I don't know why I’m asking you this, but...do you maybe wanna do something tomorrow?" Sehun voice shook a little, but Kai didn't notice.

"Yes!" Came Kai's brusque response over the phone.

"Okay, how about my cello practice room?"

"Yeah, sure, of course, I mean I'd love to." Kai stumbled over his words.

"Okay, I'll give you the address. You ready?"

"Let me get a pen and paper. One sec." Kai put down the phone and ran through his apartment like a madman. Okay, got it."

Sehun gave him the address and time to be there, and with a few last words Sehun hung up and Kai danced spastically. Kai cleared his throat and stopped. "I can...uh...I can dance better than that, I swear." Kai spoke to the air, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

A/N: I don't know why I made Kyungsoo like this. Haha. XD I really do love Kyungsoo, though. I love his big doey eyes...and his hair...and...anyway! *Laughs awkwardly* If I put Kyungsoo in here again, I'll make him sweeter. And odd and slightly embarrassing question...how do you do more than one tag on these? I'm computer challenged and for the life of me can't figure it out. Help me, please. T^T