When We First Met

A Hundred Memories

A/N: Gah! I'm so so sorry! This is awful. I have had terrible writer's block and this is the best I could do. I've already started writing the next chapter and I'm about two paragraphs in. As a cellist/composer/writer, I think I might really like this next chapter. If you haven't read my other story you probably don't know that I like to put Kai and Sehun into unexpected situations, as far as their jobs and the way they lead their life goes. I just like to make them different than what the media shows them as. I like to make my fanfics a work of fantasy that provides, not only for myself but for other's as well, an escape. I like to make my stories a 'what if.' What would have happened if I had chosen that path? I think writing is about helping people find their paths and to recover. I think writing is about making someone smile. I think writing is about changing lives.

"Kai, please, just listen to me." Kai sat with his fingers in his ears, humming. "Kai, all I'm saying is it’s best you come live with me in Seoul." Kai's dad sat next him, exasperated. "Kai, listen to me!" Kai turned to him, his face scrunched up in anger.

"I'm seventeen, dad, I'm going to be living on my own in a year! Why couldn't I stay with mom for one more year?!" Kai's heart was swirling with hurt, his mind racing with anger, his soul tearing at the seams.

"Son..." Kai had, had enough. Turning around in his seat he looked at the man behind him.

"Excuse me, sir?" The man looked up from his book, his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. "Can I switch seats with you? I'm having daddy issues." The man shook his head and Kai sighed, scanning the plane for another likely target. His sights landed on a man three rows down and to the right of his current seat. "Excuse me, Sir, can I switch seats with you?" The man rolled his eyes but nodded nonetheless. "Thank you." Quickly changing seats, Kai sat down next to a boy he judged to be the same age as him. "Whoa, Jesus, don't look directly at your shirt. I'm seeing dark spots all over my vision." Kai laughed addressing the boy's yellow v-neck t-shirt. The boy frowned.

"You need some sunglasses? SPF 50 seems like a good idea." The boy jested, making Kai smile almost unnoticeably.

"My name's Kai." Kai put out a hand and the boy rolled his eyes not bothering to return the gesture. "Well, that's slightly insulting." Kai pouted.

"Slightly? Wow, thought I was better than that." Kai pursed his lips and his eyebrows sunk. Kai couldn't figure this boy out.

"Well, fine if you don't give me a name I'm just going to have to make one up." The boy rolled his eyes again. "How about...boy-I-just-met-on-a-plane?" The boy was silent. "No, that's a mouthful...I could call you pi-"

"Sehun." Sehun said curtly.

"-hun." Kai finished his sentence and Sehun gave a small chuckle. "I was going to say piano since you’re so pale." Sehun was silent and Kai mentally cursed himself for insulting the other.

"Well, that's original, at least." Sehun muttered. Kai felt bad for hurting Sehun's feelings, but he wouldn't let it show. Kai stared out the window and Sehun frowned. "Do you mind?" He asked bitterly.

"Oh, no, you're fine." Kai smiled. Sehun rolled his eyes.

"I meant can you stop looking over here?" Kai frowned and Sehun gave a dishonest smile, lifting up his eyebrows.

"Right, sorry." Kai cleared his throat and looked straight ahead. A few seconds of awkward silence passed, until the flight attendant, big ed and bubbly approached them.

"Would you like to watch a movie?" Kai perked up.

"Boy would I!" Kai exclaimed excitedly, Sehun groaned.

"A comedy, Sir?" Sehun cringed at the idea of Kai's boisterous laughter filling the tiny space around them.

"Yes." The woman handed him a set of headphones.

"Channel three." Kai nodded and pulled down the TV screen from the ceiling. Within minutes of the movie, Kai was cackling and guffawing at every little development. Sehun was pulling his hands down his face in pure, distinguishable agony. Kai rocked in his seat as an, apparently, hysterical moment of the movie occurred and Sehun groaned. Trying to relax, Sehun breathed in and out slowly. God, Kai was so obnoxious and Sehun couldn't take much more; a few more minutes of this and Sehun was going to move.

Thirty minutes had passed and finally the clock had reached 7:30 p.m. Sehun was staring out the window and into the dark sky. "Excuse me?" The attendant from before was back. Kai took off his headphones and looked up at her. "Dinner is ready."

"I didn't know I had ordered."

"I ordered for you." Kai's eyebrows bunched together. "You were having so much fun I didn't want to disturb you." Sehun explained, lying through his teeth; he just couldn't stand to hear Kai's loud voice. Kai made an 'o' shape with his mouth.

"Thanks." He chirped. Sehun deceived Kai with a smile and reached out for his food. The woman handed it to him and he put it in his lap, pulling down the table in the chair in front of him to put his meal on. Kai took his and did the same. his lips, Kai took the lid off of the tray. The attendant had already moved on, and now it was only Kai and Sehun, more or less. Kai took the plastic wrapping off of the fork and stuck the black implement into the mashed potatoes, then took a piece of turkey and put it on top. Sehun gawked at Kai's blatant disregard for the rule of eating: never mix your foods together. He watched as the fork drew closer to the older's mouth. Wrapping his lips around the fork, Kai pulled the food into his mouth. Immediately the latter's cheeks puffed out and his eyes squeezed shut. Before Sehun had even registered what was happening, Kai's half chewed up food was on the tray and Sehun thought he was going to vomit.

"What the-!" Sehun shrieked. Kai looked at him with doe eyes, a little piece of food still on his chin. "That's so disgusting!" Sehun pushed his food away and looked out of the window again. Kai cleared his throat.

"Sorry." Sehun shook his head, not bothering to spare him a glance. "This is just really gross. Trust me; you're not missing out on anything." Kai moved his hand in front of him to assure the other of his correctness. The other was still silent and Kai sighed. The latter decided to forget about the movie, considering he had already missed so much of it. Pulling out his cell phone, he flipped through the contents and chose a game to play.

Eight o'clock rolled around and Sehun was surreptitiously watching Kai play the game. Feeling a bit sleepy, Kai shut his phone and looked over to Sehun who was looking out of the window again. He slid the phone into his pocket and let his head fall back onto the seat cushion. Kai fell asleep quickly, within a matter of minutes, actually. Though Kai would never admit to it, he did have a problem with snoring. Sehun would have liked to enjoy some sleep as well considering they still had a little ways to go until they reached Seoul, however, the boy next to him sounded like a freight train. Groaning, Sehun put his hand together and rolled onto his side, letting his head rest on his hands. The loud, obnoxious, insufferable, unbearable snoring kept him from finding some peace that night.

"We will be landing shortly, so if you could all buckle up that would be wonderful." A voice over the intercom startled Kai awake. Yawning, he buckled his seat belt and checked to make sure Sehun's was done as well. As the plane declined, Kai's ears gave a small pop. Hearing the plane wheels skid on the ground, Kai wondered what type of tires they used, so that the impact didn't completely tear them apart. Kai checked the clock: 9:30 p.m. Once the plane had come to a full stop and the pilot had informed them it was clear to begin leaving, Kai stood up and turned to Sehun.

"I guess this is goodbye." Kai smiled.

"Hopefully forever." Sehun mumbled, frowning deeply.

"It's been a pleasure riding with you. Have a nice life, Sehun." Kai grinned, and turned, walking off the plane. Kai had enjoyed this ride a lot; he hoped to one day meet Sehun again. He was sure that if they ever crossed paths again they would be good friends.

"Kai!" The addressed heard his dad's booming voice and ducked down; all hell was about to break loose. All Kai could think is that he couldn't wait to be eighteen and on his own.

A/N: *Clears throat awkwardly* Wow, that first A/N was really heartfelt...eheh. Sorry for rambling. Anyway, I hope you can live with this terrible update and stick around to see how this love story will unfold. I don't want to give away all the surprises but the friendship comes first and will most likely blossom in chapter four. :)