Chapter 10

My Messed Up Life

 

Chapter 10:

 

Yejin’s POV

“I’m Super Junior’s Donghae,”

“I’m Girl’s generation’s Jessica,”

“I’m f(x)’s Krystal,” I didn’t say a single word.

“What’s up cuzzo? It’s been a while.” Donghae said smirking. I finally snapped out of my daze and looked at Sooman in shock.

“I’m sorry Sooman-ssi but I can’t become a trainee.” I said to him nicely although I didn’t get the reaction I expected. He kept his grin and gave out a low laugh.

“Nonsense! Of course you can! You have the talent!” I tried to oppose again but he just cut me off and waved the four of us outside his office. None of us could even get a word in before he literally almost pushed us out of his office. I sighed and shut my eyes.  Well talking didn’t work…

I snapped my eyes open when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and looked at the beautiful faces of my three cousins. Jessica raised an eyebrow at me.

“How’s it going?” She asked. I rolled my eyes at her.

“Let’s go somewhere else to talk about this.” Krystal shrugged and turned around walking off. We followed her down the hallway and into a room to the right. Donghae turned the lights on and they flickered to life showing the small recording studio. I sat on the black leather couch by the wall with Jessica next to me. Donghae and Krystal were in front of us leaning on the counter behind them. Donghae crossed his arms in front of him while the both of them were looking at me.

“I didn’t know you wanted to be in the entertainment business” Jessica said. I shook my head.

“I don’t, but since it’s the fastest way to help my dad pay the debt…” I trailed off. Krystal scowled at the mention of my dad.

“Why do you have to help him anyways?” She asked. Jessica shot her a look but all she did was roll her eyes.

“Because he’s my dad.” I replied with gritted teeth. She scoffed shaking her head.

“But he left you and didn’t even bother saying anything!” My breathing came faster as my anger was increasing rapidly.

“Yeah well the family wasn’t helping either!” I exclaimed back. Fury was evident in my face. Donghae and Jessica could sense my annoyance. Krystal opened to retort something back but Donghae stopped her.

“Krystal,” He said firmly. She sighed but rolled her eyes anyways. I saw Jessica look at me so I turned my head to look at her too.

“Have you talked to Minho yet?” She asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah but barely… It’s fine though. I’m going to be seeing him more anyways.” We lapsed into silence for a while before I broke it, “So you guys are my trainers?” I asked to no one in particular.

“Not really trainers… We’re just here to help you.” Donghae said.

“Yeah, Sooman wants you to debut as early as possible.” Jessica stated.

“But why?” I looked at Krystal who had shifted her position.

“Because he knows you have talent and wants you to debut.” Krystal answered. I gave out a huge sighed before shrugging and standing up with Jessica following suit.

“So what do we have to do first?” I asked.

“Nothing yet. Your training doesn’t start until next week.” Donghae said. I nodded in understanding but now what am I supposed to do?

“For now you can just go around and get familiar with the place. We would give you a tour but we have schedules to attend. Sorry cuz.” Jessica said with a sorry smile as if reading my mind. I’ve always liked her; she was the nicest of my cousins. I shook my head and gave her a small smile.

“No it’s fine. Thanks guys.” They all nodded at me before we all left the room and went our separate ways.

I walked towards the elevator and stood there to wait for it. I was about to walk inside when someone came rushing from my side and almost tackled me to the ground. My arms were the only thing giving me space from the person who attacked me.

“Who the—“

“JIEJIE!” The person exclaimed. I put on my emotionless face when I heard the voice.

“Can I help you Tao?” He pulled away from me but still had his hands on my shoulders, pouting.

“The gege’s are bullying me!” I deadpanned at this. Are you kidding me right now?

“Tao… You’re at least six feet tall, you know wushu, and you could easily bully them back!” I fired. He let go of me, dropped his hands to the side and scowled.

“Unlike you jiejie, I don’t like hurting people!” I rolled my eyes but didn’t say anything. I made a move to press the elevator button again but Tao stood in my way. I raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

“Tao,” I said warningly, “move.” He shook his head and grabbed my wrist.

“Not yet. Stay a bit longer with us.” He grinned then pulled me to whatever direction he was heading to. We made a few turns and passed some doors until he finally stopped in front of one then opened it. I walked into the familiar dancing studio with the clouds wallpaper. It was my second time in here and I still can’t get over the fact how there are no windows. It’s pretty random but it’s also true. The guys were in the middle of dancing when Tao and I walked in.

“YAH! HUANG ZI TAO!” Kris yelled once he saw him, stopping everyone else. He pulled Tao with him to corner while I just shrugged and walked to an empty chair. I looked around and saw Manager Im wasn’t in here. He’s probably doing manager stuff…

Author’s POV

Suho was panting and sweating along with the other boys when Kris had stopped them. He held up his hands and looked at the other members.

“Okay you guys. Let’s have a break.” Audible sighs were heard though each member as they broke apart. Chen, Xiumin, and D.O. were sitting on the floor and leaning their heads back on the wall. Kai took out his iPod and placed his earphones in, shutting his eyes and enjoying the music. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Suho were sitting on the floor chit chatting among themselves. Sehun went over to Tao and Kris who were still silently bickering. Lay and Luhan saw Yejin and decided to make their way towards her. They sat on the benches next to her and gulped down their water.

“So what did you need to talk to Sooman about?” Lay asked her once he finished emptying out his bottle.

“About the training…” She blurted. Yejin wasn’t really paying attention to what she was saying or who was asking her. Luhan looked at her wide-eyed.

“Training?” Lay asked trying to act like he didn’t know what she was talking about.

“Yeah, I was gonna tell him that I didn’t—“She stopped when she finally snapped back to reality and realized what and who she was saying it at. Luhan and Yejin shared a look while Lay stared at them mysteriously. They glanced at each other once last time before nodding.

“I’m going to be training here in SM.” Yejin stated. Lay feigned surprised but Luhan on the other hand was truly surprised.

“Wait, I thought you said you didn’t want to,” Luhan said.

“Sooman-ssi wouldn’t take the answer and instead introduced me to my cousins.” She replied back. Lay furrowed his eyebrows along with Luhan.

“Cousins? The one Yuri-ssi was talking about last night?” Lay asked. Yejin nodded at him.

“Yup and they're supposed to be helping me,” Luhan went to ask another question.

“Who are your cousins?” Yejin thought about going against telling them but she just shrugged it off.

“Sooyeon, Soojung, and Donghae.” She listed off.  Luhan and Lay’s eyes were as wide as D.O.’s.

“And you didn’t know they were in the entertainment business?!” Luhan questioned. Yejin just shook her head.

“Aren’t they popular in China?” Lay questioned earning a shrug from her.

“They probably are, but I wouldn’t know.” The two nodded their heads trying to take in this new information.

Meanwhile…

Kris had stopped fighting with Tao and had now joined Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Suho leaving the two maknaes by themselves. Kris and Baekhyun were talking to each other when something caught Kris’s eyes. He looked over to where Luhan, Lay, and Yejin were at. The three were quietly conversing with one another with Luhan or Lay smiling from time to time. Kris slightly frowned at this. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at his hyung and smirked. He placed a hand in front of Kris’s face and waved it snapping him out of his gaze.

“What?” Kris asked him annoyed. Baekhyun just shrugged and took a sip of water.

“You like Yejin, that’s all.” He simply stated. Kris became flustered an almost choked on the water he was drinking. Suho and Chanyeol looked over at him weirdly before going back to their conversation.

“What are you talking about? I don’t like her.” He denied. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes at him.

“You say one thing but your eyes say another,” Kris forgot about what they were talking about for a second and scowled.

“Ew, that’s so cheesy Baek.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Don’t try changing the subject hyung.” This time Kris rolled his eyes and waved him off.

“Whatever. I don’t like her.” He tried to convince him but it sounded like he was convincing himself.

“Just keep telling that to yourself hyung.” Baekhyun said standing up. “I’m gonna go bother Jongin. You can sit there and sulk all you want or you could actually go up and talk to her.” He suggested before walking away leaving a frustrated leader on the floor.

“Are you going to be staying at our dorm when you start training?” Lay asked Yejin.

“Trying to get rid of me already?” She joked but Lay only looked at her. “I don’t know, Sooman-ssi didn’t say anything yet.”

“Okay guys! Break time over!” Suho called out. A few groans and complaints were heard throughout the room as each member slowly made their way to the middle of the practice room. Luhan and Lay stood up and went to go join the others.

“You don’t have to stay,” Luhan called over his shoulder to Yejin before running to the others. Yejin was deciding whether or not she should stay or leave. Eh, what the hell… she thought then stood up and left the room quietly. She went downstairs and left through the back door not wanting to run into some crazy fans. It was still pretty early in the afternoon and the weather was beautiful outside. Yejin thought it would be a good idea to walk around the neighborhood in hopes of finding a cheap café to eat at.

She had only been walking ten minutes when she spotted a tiny café across the street. She waited before crossing over and entering the small and cozy café. A bell signaling someone had entered, rung. The smell of coffee beans and banana bread traveled its way into her nose making her stomach growl quietly. She walked over to the counter and ordered black coffee and banana bread. Yejin paid the guy behind the counter with the money Luhan had left her this morning. She made her way to one of the empty tables’ right next to the window. The café was quiet as there were only a few people inside and the only thing making a sound was the hum of the a/c and the sound of the blender.

Yejin was sipping her coffee and eating her bread quietly when the sound of the bell caught her attention. She saw a guy enter with a beanie, sunglasses, and a black long-sleeved shirt on. Why would anyone wear that during the summer? She thought. Yejin examined the guy from head to toe. He was tall and well built; he looked like he came from a wealthy family though. The guy turned around to the direction of the strong gaze. Yejin and the mysterious guy locked eyes behind his sunglasses for a few seconds before he broke it and took his order. He strutted over to Yejin’s table and sat on the chair in front of her. Yejin just took a sip of her coffee and looked at him while he smirked.

“Can I help you?” Yejin asked. He smiled and took off his sunglasses.

“Ms.Kang,” Yejin gave out a huff of disbelief.

“What are you doing here?” She switched to Mandarin. The guy lifted the cup to his lips before taking a long sip and placing it back down on the table.

“I’m here to take you back,” He said. Yejin replied almost immediately.

“I’m not going.” She said looking him straight in the eyes.

“They’re going to find you sooner or later.” He pursued his smirk gone. Yejin lightly shook her head.

“And I’m picking later. Look, I’m not going to go back to your father and accept his offer.” The guy sighed and ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

“I’m trying to help you Yejin,” He said harshly.

“I don’t want it.”

“But you need it.”

“No I don’t!” She said her voice rising. Yejin took a deep breath and calmed herself down. “Just leave me alone and let me handle my own business.” The guy looked at her with pleading eyes and leaned forward.

“But I still lo—“Yejin cut him off.

“Stop sprouting lies, Khun.” His smirk came back and he leaned back on the chair crossing his arms.

“It was worth a try.” Before Yejin could reply back someone entered the café and called her name. She turned around and saw Kris standing there and looking back at her. He pulled his gaze off of her and instead directed his attention to the guy sitting with Yejin. He turned cold at the sight of him and walked over to her. Kris sat down on the other empty chair in-between them.

“Kris, did you need anything?” Yejin asked. He just shook his head and gave a quick glance at Nichkhun. Yejin noticed it and gave Nichkhun a look. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Nichkhun-imnida” He introduced then bowed his head. Kris did the same thing.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kris-imnida.” Then Khun stood up and spoke in Mandarin.

“Well, I’m leaving. I won’t tell him you’re here.” Yejin nodded once.

“Okay.” He turned to leave but stopped and looked back at Yejin.

“Don’t get into too much trouble.” He said then gave Kris one last look before walking out of the café. Kris scowled once he left then looked at Yejin.

“Who was that?” He asked. Yejin sighed knowing that Kris understood them early.

“Just someone I used to know.” She replied before getting up and pulling Kris up with her. “Come on let’s get back before someone recognizes you.”

 


I'm REALLY REALLY sorry for not updating!

School started and I've been busy...

THANKS TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENTERS! <3

My friend mentioned me in one of her stories so I shall return the favor!

Check out her story below especially if you like the JongSica couple

I Accidentally Fell In Love With My Enemy : korean_fan101

If you guys have any questions feel free to comment them!

Oh and who do you guys ship her with? (lol I ship her with Luhan but... idk..XD)