Past

Fighting for your love

 

After what happened a few years ago, I'll never fall in love again. 
 
-few years ago- 
 
It was our 2 year anniversary, we were planning to meet at the amusement park where we met. 
I remembered I left something at his house. I went in and saw him with his friends. 
I hid and saw a girl clinging on to him. She was obviously flirting with him. 
 
" Jongin... Aren't you suppose to meet up with Sooyoung?" asked one of his friend 
 
" I was but it's not important. It's not like she's going to die if I don't show up" said Jongin
 
What? Today is nothing... Doesn't he know that it's our 2 year anniversary?
 
" Sooyoung? Oppa! Didn't you break up with her?" yelled the girl 
 
His friend  gave him a puzzled look 
 
" not yet " Jongin replied 
 
" Wae! Do you still love her? Aren't I enough for you ?" said the girl 
 
Break up? The girl thought we broke up? Jongin wanted to break up with me . 
 
" Tch... Who told you I love her? I never once loved her" said Jongin
 
I couldn't believe what I heard. The Jongin that I know is warm and gentle, the one I see now is the opposite.  
Does that mean that he was faking it all along? 
 
" Oppa, then why are to still with her?" the girl whined 
 
" because she's loaded, as soon as I get money from her I'll ditch her" said Jongin
 
Tears came out of my eyes.
I see now, so all this time he's been only after my money.  
I thought he was different from the others, I thought he truly liked me for who I was. But I guess I was wrong . 
I ran out and slammed the door. 
 
I turned around and totally expected him to run after me and tell me it wasn't true, but he just stayed home. 
 
From then on I promised to never fall in love. I also stopped trusting people, if people were to love you based on your looks or wealth I rather not love at all. 
I moved to Seoul and transferred to   Seoul performing arts high school.
At the school I kept my distance and hid the fact that I was wealthy. 
Many people there were just like Jongin. They were all superficial, if you were wealthy they'll treat you as if you were a queen but if you were poor your garbage. 
 
I never made any friends, people were treating me good at first because I was pretty and smart. But because I ignored them, they gave up and left me. 
 
I avoided eating in the cafeteria since there were many people so I would always go to the music room to eat and practice the piano. 
One day as I was practicing, a boy came in to music room. 
 
" Woah! That was amazing!" said the boy
I ignored him and played " That man" by Hyun Bin  
The boy just sat there and watched me play. 
He then sang to it, he closed his eyes and touched his chest. 
His voice was amazing, I could tell he put a lot of emotion into the song. 
I was surprised because he didn't look like he could sing. 
When I was done playing he smiled. He came close to me and said 
" Sooyoung, we should be partners" 
Partners? What is he talking about? 
I ignored him and walked away , he grabbed my hands and said 
" your in my music class, we should be partners" 
" I don't even know you " 
" but I know you. Your the new student, I've been watching you play for a week. I noticed that you never made any friends" said the boy 
" and you care because?" 
" Because I want to be friends with you" he said 
This is the first time someone ever told me that, most people wanted to be friends because of my money but this guy who doesn't even know anything want to be my friend for no reason. 
I walked away and he shouted 
" I'm Kyungsoo by the way !" 
 
After that day, Kyungsoo kept coming to the music room at lunch. No matter how much I ignored him he continued to come. One day I finally gave in and told him that I wanted be his partner. He was so happy that he hugged me, usually I would push him away but this time I hugged him back. I stared at him and saw that he was truly sincere. I smiled at him and we became friends. 
 
When we became friends I started to loosen up and smiled more. He later on introduced me to Taemin and we also became friends.
As time past, Kyungsoo became my best friend. He gave me the warmth that I lost, he was the brother that I never had. 
 
One day I  decided to tell him who I really was. I was really scared, I was scared that he might change and treat me like the way Jongin treated me, but I know that he'll eventually know and it wasn't good to lie to my only best friend. 
 
" Kyungsoo, you know the hotel that we stayed in when we went to the music trip." 
" yeah, the Remington hotel?" said  Kyungsoo 
" I didn't  pay when I stayed there. Do you want to know why?" 
"why?" said Kyungsoo 
" it's because I own the Remington hotel... Not only that but I also own the Loentl mall" 
Kyungsoo didn't say anything, I knew it I knew that he'll act different
" I know" said Kyungsoo 
He knows ? How does he know? Is that why he's my friend. 
" how?" 
" I never told you this but my parents owns an advertising company. They worked with your company once" said Kyungsoo
" Kyungsoo did you know all along? Is that why you wanted to be my friend?" 
Kyungsoo looked shocked, his face was O____o 
" No, I just found out last month. I don't care if you own the Remington or not. I'm your friend because I like you, not because of your wealth" said Kyungsoo
 
After that we became closer and we ended up going to the same university. 
We ended up going to the university of Seoul. Even though Kyungsoo wanted to be a chef he had to study business and economics because of his parents. For me I could do whatever I want, there was no one to control me. But I knew deep in my heart that I had to continue my family business so I took business and economics with Kyungsoo.
 
-end of flashback-
 
" Yah, Agashi are you okay?" asked a guy 
 
I took my hand off my chest and looked up. 
It was a guy that was around my age. 
 
" Ne" I walked towards the bridge 
 
" excuse me" said the guy 
 
I turned around and stared at him. 
" are you Yoomi-shi?" he asked 
 
" Ne, what's the matter?" 
 
" Oh I'm Prince Xiumin. We're suppose to see the queen now" said Xiumin 
 
I followed Xiumin and entered the garden. All of the princes were already there. 
I saw the queen and she ran towards me, she hugged me and had tears in her eyes. 
I looked away and saw the princes, they turned and stared at me. 
But one of them had my attention the most. 
It was Jongin