20

First love

 

Ch.20

-Donghae’s view-

Donghae was sitting at school, and was a bit confused. Eunji had her memories back but she hasn’t come to school for almost 2 weeks. At the end of school he went to Eunji’s house, he walked inside and looked around but didn’t find Eunji anywhere; he walked upstairs and went to Eunji’s room. She wasn’t there either.

“Are you looking for something” Someone said, Donghae turned around to see Eunji’s aunt.

“Oh yeah” Donghae said, “I was looking for Eunji, her memory returned, why isn’t she in school” Donghae asked.

Eunji’s aunt’s expression went from normal to sad, “She’s in the hospital, didn’t you know that” she said.

Donghae was completely shocked, “Why is she in the hospital again” He asked.

“She didn’t tell you, did she” Eunji’s aunt asked.

“She didn’t tell me anything, what happened” Donghae asked.

“Eunji has an illness, it’s pretty serious so she is at the hospital waiting to get her operation” Eunji’s aunt informed Donghae, “Actually she should be having her operation tomorrow”.

“What tomorrow” Donghae said.

“Yeah” Eunji’s aunt said.

“Thank you” Donghae said, he left the house and drove to the hospital. He went to Eunji’s room, and saw her lying in bed. Donghae looked at her; he was completely shocked and scared. Eunji opened her eyes a little bit and looked at Donghae, she took of her air mask and smiled. Donghae dropped to his knees and grabbed Eunji’s hand.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were sick” Donghae asked.

“Because” Eunji said, “I didn’t want you to worry” Eunji stated.

“So you were never going to tell me” Donghae asked, tears were coming to his eyes.

“No I was hoping that I’d live through the operation so you wouldn’t have to know” Eunji said. All of a sudden, she started to scream and hold her chest. She curled up into a ball, and screamed. Nurses rushed in and held Eunji calm down, eventually she fell asleep. Donghae watched he was scared and sad. Donghae stayed in the room and he waited till Eunji woke up. He looked down in her hand and she was holding the necklace.

“Eunji” Donghae said softly. It took so long till Eunji woke up, and when she was actually awake it took her awhile to even know whats going on. Once she came to, Donghae smiled, “How do you feel” He asked.

-Normal view-

I just woke up and I felt a bit light headed but that happens from time to time.

“I’m fine” I said trying to wake up completely, “But why are you here” I asked.

Donghae looked a bit sad, “You don’t want me here” Donghae asked.

“No no no, that’s not what I meant” I said, I grabbed his hand, “I just want you to see me...like this, I mean come on before when you saw that didn’t you freak out a little bit” I asked.

“Yeah it did” Donghae said, “But I don’t want to be away from you anymore, you didn’t come to school and it freaked me out even more” Donghae stated smiling.

I smiled, but then I started to cough, I grabbed a rag that was close by and coughed into it. I wiped my mouth and threw the rag away, “Donghae, as much as I do want you here, I can’t let you see me like this. Things can just get as bad as it was a few hours ago” I stated.

“Is that what you really want” Donghae asked.

“Yeah it is” I nodded my head, “I’ll see you in a few days, I promise” I smiled.

Donghae smiled, “Ok I’ll see you then” Donghae stood up and kissed my forehead and then left. I smiled but then I started to cough again. Once I stopped coughing, I laid on my hospital bed and I started to cry. This may have been the last time I get to see Donghae, I didn’t know what to do or think, I just cried. That night I couldn’t fall asleep but the nurses made me fall asleep so I’d have enough energy for tomorrow.

The next day I woke up and the doctor came into my room, he did a standard check up to see if there was still a chance to save me.

“Well I don’t see any changes, are you ready” The doctor said.

I nodded my head, “More than ever” I stated.

“Ok we’ll come back around 4PM to get you” The doctor said. I nodded my head and he left.

“Please let me live” I said to myself.

-Donghae’s view-

Donghae went to school as always the next day and tried to stay calm, after that Donghae went home and stayed in his room since he got home, he laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

“Should I go see Eunji before her operation” Donghae asked himself. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. “Who is it” Donghae asked, Eunji’s aunt walked in. Donghae got up and bowed his head, “Hello” He said.

“Hi Donghae” She said sadly, “I’m stopping by before I go to the hospital, but I found something in Eunji’s room, and it says to give it to you” Eunji’s aunt said, handing him a small book, she walked out and left. Donghae opened the book and read everything there; it was explain Eunji’s illness, her experiences, and everything else.

“She was supposed to die before she even came here” Donghae said to himself, when he got to the end he saw a note.

‘Hi Donghae.

I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you before about my illness, and I’m sorry you have to find out this way. I didn’t want you to worry about me when you’ve done plenty for me already. If you read my diary, it explains my illness. The truth is I was supposed to die before my parents, a couple days before actually. I don’t know why I’m still alive, I don’t even know how I could do all the things I did and still be fine. I think I’m alive so I could get a chance to meet you. I’m so happy I was able to meet you. When I first met you, I thought you were obnoxious, rude, and just plain stupid, but now I know you’re not, you’re an amazing guy and extremely kind hearted. I wish I could have spent more time with you, see you smile more, dance with you, and talk to you more but I don’t know if I'll live through this operation, my illness may have weakened my body too much. I hope you don’t forget me but I also hope you find a girl that you love. Sorry I can’t tell you this in person but know that you’re my first and last love. Goodbye Donghae, I love you.

From

Lee Eunji

Donghae finished reading it, he was crying and the letter was a little crumpled up because he was holding it tightly. He put the note down and ran outside of his room, then outside of his house. He ran all the way to the hospital

‘Eunji, you can’t leave me like this’ Donghae thought, ‘we can’t end like this, not yet’, ‘we’re supposed to be together longer than this’ Donghae kept thinking these things. “I haven’t even told you that I love you yet” Donghae screamed, he ran even harder and finally he got to the hospital and went to her room.

They already took her to her operation. Donghae ran to the operation room to see her uncle and aunt sitting down. Donghae walked over and sat down too. They waited in silence, every minute felt like a day and every hour felt like a month. Donghae was starting to become so worried that he couldn’t sit still.

‘Eunji please don’t die on me now’ Donghae thought, he put his head on his hands and prayed that Eunji wouldn’t die.

----

waah so dramatic for the second to last chapter. I hope everyone has enjoyed reading this story and will stay tune for the end. Thanks for reading and commenting. Tell your friends about this story :D