Chapter 6

I fell....in love with the enemy

One month Later…

 

Seungri looked down at his trembling hands. He couldn’t stop shaking nor feel his fingers. It was strange, he wondered how he was even still alive.

All he knew that he had someone…..someone to follow, someone to stand by and someone to possibly…admire.  

                                     

                                        It was her.

 

                                                                                                                                  It was  Yoobin.

 

 

There were so many things that happen in one week and just went he felt he was a somebody…he was shoved into a van:

 

Almost being beaten to the ground from being taken out from the van to a cold hard ground, he looked up as he heard a familiar voice.

“My, my. I wonder what happened to that spark of stubbornness. Were you not going to fight back?”

 A female figure kneed down in front of him, Seungri continued to stare. Long red hair, tattooed arms and dark brown eyes.

He knew who those characteristics were, even hearing about her on the news scared him but seeing her up close and alive was more frightening.

“…Queen B.” he whispered.

She smirked, “I almost thought they accidently hit your voice box so you can’t speak…” Queen B said as she stood up looking at the men behind him—who were frozen in fear.

 Seungri knew it was a threat stating that if he wasn’t able to speak because of the men---their lives were the consequences.

Queen B. gave him a grin, “But even so….I would offer this left over donut for you.” She said as she unwrapped one in front of  him.

Seungri looked at her in confusion and then the donut, not sure what her motives were. But then a smell hit him, that donut smelled like it was from the cafe….

“YOU--!” he shouted but held it back.

“Don’t tell me they erased your memories too….” Queen B. made a mocking pout.

Seungri looked down, “…you’re….Yoobin.”

“At least you’re smart. Glad it came to your senses.”

“B-But..why?” Seungri asked. After she taken him in at the café, Yoobin was so nice to him--Giving him food, shelter and even part-time at the café.  She was caring and generous but never in a million year he would ever thought of Yoobin living another life…as Queen B.

His thought process of possible conclusion came to a halt when he felt a hand pat his head. “I’m taking you in for a reason. “

Serungri looked up at her.

“No family, no friends, no body here to save you. Heh, you’re a weak boy.”

Anger flared in his body, Seungri hated being called ‘Weak’.  Slapping her hand off his head, he charged at her.

Queen B dodged his punch and simply slammed his body down on a head lock. “AHH….” He yelled in pain.

He tried to take out of her strong grip, but she was too powerful!

“IF you struggle now, I can easily snap your neck.”

Seungri froze stopping his movements  and heard Queen B. snicker.

“So..you value your life, I see.”

Seungri lowered his head down, “You were such an honest and lovely person…” he whispered.

“I’ve told you…there are reasons.” Queen B. said as she let go of him.

 

 

A cold breeze flew by, making Seungri shiver , taking him out of his trance. He looked up at the night sky. There he was, at Queen B’s estate. One month there felt like years. He even wondered if she will ever let him go back to the cafe but thought agaisnt it since he knew her secret.

“What is my purpose here?....the intense training, the fights…the violence” he muttered. He felt that he was just merely a slave or even a live punching bag. Forced into this different world, he tightening his fists, “What does she want with me…”

 

Then someone stood in front of him

Seungri slowly looked him, he was taught that he shouldn’t look at them straight in the eye but the man in front of him---he couldn’t  stop staring.

He was fierce with a large ink tattooed on his face and Mohawk. Seungri was sure he acknowledged most of the men but this one was someone he didn’t recognize.

Silence was between them but the man crooked his head,  “What is a little boy doing here?”

Angry, Seungri tried to pull a fast punch but  in a swift movement, Seungri felt a powerful blow against his stomach.

Falling into the ground, he held onto his stomach whining in pain.

The figure looked down upon him, "Weak." he merely said then grabbed Seungri's collar in a tight grip.

"Tell me, if you still have any breath left....Where is the Queen?"

 

~~~

 

Queen B sat causally on top of her wooden desk, sharpening her trusty knife. “Daesung, what are the reports on tonight’s deal?”  she said more of a command than asking.

“It’s with Bass, relative of Alfronzo.” He stated silently, watching her scrape the sharp knife against a stone rock with her other hand.  The room was dark with only the light of the moon, but Daesung could see the sparks of the knife as she scraped it.

It has been about a month after the incident…Alfronzo’s death and Taeyang’s. Queen B, aka Yoobin gripped on the knife. Whoever planned on trying to kill her isn’t going to get away with it.

“…My Queen. What is the plan?” Daesung dared to ask. Usually he doesn’t question but he wanted to know.

“We are out of explosives.”  Yoobin stated. “It’ll be nice if I paid Bass a visit since he is a family member of Alfronzo…a brother, correct?”

Daesung nodded, “What if…”

“The police won’t  be there. I trust that we won’t be able to get involve with that fool..for now.” She coldly said, indicating that ‘fool’ being Choi Seunghyun

  “Besides, I already got him wrapped around my finger….” Yoobin said with a smirk, she took out a tablet device, showing the map of the area. A red blinking spot indicated his location.

“I’ve got a tracking device on his cellphone.”
 

Daesung slowly nodded. He shivered the fact that Yoobin is using Seunghyun as a way to get in on the police’s agenda, since she was the target.

 

“…That won’t be enough.”

 

Both Yoobin and Daesung turned around hearing a very familiar voice. Daesung gasped seeing the familiar figure at the door.

 

The dark figure walked up to Yoobin and kneed  down on one knee with his hand on his heart. “My Queen.”

 

“..You.” Yoobin said.

 

He nodded, “I am alive.” He said as he got up but with a smirk,

 

“Did you miss me?”

 

“….Taeyang.”

 

 

 

 

 

The seconds felt like minutes as they continued to look at each other. Taeyang aka Youngbae, was wearing an all-black suit like the one Daesung was wearing.

Yoobin reached up to his face, tracing the black tribal ink on his left cheek.  He had his hair styled  Mohawk—everything was the same since that night..

“You are him.”

Taeyang scoffed, “Please. I thought you knew me more than that.” He looked around the large room, bringing in the familiar atmosphere. He really missed the palace.

“Daesung.” He stated, motioning as a small greet.

But Daesung was alert but nodded, “Taeyang, sir.”

With a slight chuckle, “You know…things changed around here as I was walking in the palace. It’s only been a month and yet… You bought in a boy. Something that’s not too fond of here. My queen, since then,  is it that you changed or is it you, as Yoobin, changed?” Taeyang said, almost being sarcastic in his voice.

“Or…is it Seunghyun?”

Yoobin narrowed her eyes, ‘What on earth is going on here’

“What happened to you?”

“It’s a long story…. But I want to warn you.” Taeyang said as his voice got more stern and cold, “Choi Seunghyun?...He’s not what you think. We are dealing with something more than who or what he is.”

 

 

One month earlier.

Sunye looked at him in silence. Youngbae had just confessed to her that he was involved….

’In a gang? But…he’s an officer!’  she thought violently in her mind

“…Sunye. Please say something.” Youngbae comforted.

But Sunye shook her head, “I..you--But you’re policeman, why-?”

Youngbae smiled, “I am. You’re not the only one with skeletons in the closet, Sunye.”

 “Then…”

“Then what?”

Sunye gulped, she was kinda glad she had him handcuffed on the bed as she was a little nervous. “Which gang were you apart of?”

Surprised, Youngbae didn’t know she would ask a question like that.

“Is that why you have that tattoo?”

Youngbae looked up almost in fear,  Is my face ink still on?

Sensing his silence, Sunye pulled down the sheets and pointed to a large dragon tattoo on his hip. It was interesting how she didn’t even blush as his short was barely covering—down there. The tattoo was dark as it has large fangs and claws, wrapping around on the skin.

“I mean this one.” She said but continued on“…Last night, it indicated that there were 3 different gangs in the same area.” She explained. “One of them was Alfronzo, another was one that crashed into the restaurant and the third…Queen B.” she said in a faint whisper as if she dared to speak of her name.

“I was a part of…..Alfronzo’s mob.” Youngbae lied. He knew it was a lie but he had to do what he needed.

 “What do you know about Queen B?” Youngbae quickly asked trying to change the subject. He eyed her wanting to know what did she really knew about these gangs.

“She..does bad things. I’ve researched about her for some time now. I mean..not just me. But Seunghyun did.”

“Seunghyun?”

Sunye nodded, “Ever since we moved here, he was always trying to find her whereabouts and details on each of her killings. I didn’t want any part of it but it scares me a little that a woman like her can do such things”

“Well, she did and she can. ” stated Youngbae.

She quickly sat on the edge of the bed, “But..since alfronzo is dead. What does that makes of you?”

“I guess..that makes me a lone man.” Youngbae stated as he looked at her. “Everyone in the restaurant probably didn’t make it. Was there any survivors?” he asked with a heavy heart, I hope Yoobin made it out.

Sunye shook her head, “From the news, I think not..It had indicated that Queen B was there. Seunghyun-oppa probably investigated the location.”  

Youngbae nodded. “Since I already explained myself…do you mind?” he said as he shook the cuffs against the metal of the bed.

But Sunye didn’t move, with a serious face, she looked at him. “There’s one more thing you need to do.”

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“Stay with me.”

 

~~~

“Then?” Yoobin said. “So..you’ve stayed.”

Youngbae breathed in and slowly nodded, “I told her I was a part of Alfronzo’s gang. She knows about the whole incident. Sunye isn’t a real danger to us. With my wounds, I don’t think I could have gotten out. ” He stated.

“So you owe her?” Yoobin narrowed her eyes.

“…I-t’s  not like that.” He stammered.

Yoobin scoffed, “Then use her. Sunye could be valuable to us. ” she eyed him

“And that’s what I’m wary about…in fact, there is something about Seunghyun that you need to know.”

 

 

“…a what?!” Youngbae exclaimed.

With a face, “You don’t need to  shout.” Sunye said, “I’m right here.”

Youngbae looked at her, they were staring face to face at each other with Sunye’s hands on his waist. She was helping him walk as Youngbae braced on the bar attached to the wall in the hallway.

Because of his wounds, Youngbae was forced to stay in bed. As instructed by Sunye, she also wanted him to practice moving around with his fractured knee—the healing process takes time. But she was impressed on how he was keeping up, it was already the 2nd week and he was already showing several improvements.

“S-Sorry..but an experiment?. ..Isn’t that—“

“Crazy, I know.”  Sunye said, letting go of him. “Our family isn’t normal. They wanted a boy; they got a boy but wanted someone strong. We are closely knit with the secret government. With their funds, they were able to pile in the perfect DNA. My aunt—Seunghyun’s mother—volunteered, well, she always wanted children. After being injected by it, Seunghyun was born and she…”

There was silence as Sunye looked on the ground. Youngbae noticed her sadness as he lifted up her chin, “Hey…you don’t have to tell me this. It’s okay.”

Sunye shook her head, “L-Let’s go back to the room.” She suggested, turning slight pink.

“Alright.” Youngbae smiled, She was still the same Sunye

As they got into the room, Youngbae gently sat on the bed after Sunye had fluffed up his pillow, “Thanks” he said as he laid back.

“You should rest, we were up walking for a good 30 minutes.” Sunye gave him a remote, “Here’s the remote for the T.V. if you are bored. “  She stated. It was just a few days ago, she rolled in a T.V set in the room as if it was a real hospital—but only Sunye’s guest room.

“Hey. Wait.” Youngbae called after her.

“What is it?” she asked.

For a while, Youngbae hesitated. “Why…are you telling me this? Like..everything, you..Seunghyun..your family. You’re not just a part-time café worker.” He said as he looked up.

Sunye made a small grin, “There are times when I just want to be normal, Youngbae.” She said took a seat in front of him. “It gets lonely sometimes. I needed someone to talk to.”

“And you trust a gang member?” Youngbae asked.

She crossed her arms, “Ex-member, aren’t you? It’ll be interesting if I were to report that a fellow gang member is actually a police officer. “

Youngbae held his breath but Sunye giggled, “I’m not a bad person, as you said about yourself. You and me are the same. I guess, I’ve just lost myself.” She said. “Maybe it’s why I decided to work at the café, as the name mentioned it does help people with ‘broken wings’.”

“So I guess if you never worked at the café, I wouldn’t have been able to meet you.” Youngbae said.

“That’s correct.” Sunye said as she leaned back into the chair. “But even so, Seunghyun-oppa probably made me stick with him. So I’ll probably see you one way or another.”

“Always protective and observant he is.” Youngbae commented but he leaned towards her, “Now tell me…about Seunghyun. He is my partner—what do I need to know about him.”

 

~~~

“Seunghyun was an ‘experiment’ from the secret government. I actually don’t know what he does but it worries me. My queen, you have to be careful with him.” Youngbae warned.  “There are things that even I can’t explain.”

“I know..” 

“W-what?”

She sighed, as Queen B, she hates explaining things. “Back in the restaurant, he explained that he can sense emotions from their thoughts. At first, I didn’t believe him but..”

“Does he know about you?”

“…He told me that I was different. ”

Youngbae narrowed his eyes. “He can’t read your mind.”

“Correct.” Yoobin said. “Tell me about what happened that night.”

After a brief description of Youngbae’s horror that night, Yoobin nodded as he talked. But something was a little off. 

“Seunghyun has yet  suspected anything from you?”

“No. But there was a moment when he tried to. There’s no worry there.”

“Better be…” Yoobin stated but then looked up at him, “What are you doing with Sunye, now?” she said as she took a seat on the table once again.

Youngbae shook his head, “What? What do you mean-- Nothing,--please. Weren’t we speaking only about Seunghyun?”

You have a connection with Sunye. I can sense it from you, Taeyang.” Yoobin said coldy as she walked up towards him.

Youngbae gripped a fist behind his back recalling the last week he was with Sunye before he departed from her house.

 

 

“Well..I guess this is it.” Said Youngbae as he took a small bag with him that Sunye had supplied.

Sunye nodded as she stood there with him in front of her home. “Yeah.”

He titled his head, “Sunye? What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing…I’m glad. You recovered quickly.” She said making a small smile.

Youngbae nodded with a small chuckle, “I guess with your care, these wounds healed. Thank you. Honestly, without you, I would’ve died.” He said gently as he touched her cheek.

Sunye quickly nodded as a patch of red started to creep on her cheeks. “I’ve would have done it to anyone, Youngbae.” She said.

He smiled at her as he turned, “Thank you once again for everything. I’ll take my leave now. Goodbye, Sunye.” He said as he walked away.

Within distance, Youngbae stopped after 3 words.

 

“I like you..!”

 

Youngbae turned around, almost with a confused look, “…Sunye?”

“I mean! I…” she hesitated, “..I don’t… urm..want you to leave.” Sunye whispered

He stood there in front of Sunye as she fidgeted. Youngbae smiled. “I’m still here.”

 

“One more night?” Sunye asked with courage as she looked up.
 

Youngbae nodded, “I owe you my life.” He said as he kissed her

 

~~~

“What did I tell you about connections?”  Yoobin said, taking Youngbae out of his memories.

“Connection? What do you mean—Sunye has nothing to do with this!” Youngbae said sternly. Letting her know what really happened was hard to keep back from Yoobin. She could easily read him. “She’s innocent!”

Patting his chest, where his heart is, Yoobin looked up at him, “A lot can happen in a month. Seunghyun is a fool—even if he’s an ‘experiment’ as you say. Nothing can stop me.”

“Ahem.”  A voice coughed.

They both turn, almost forgetting that Daesung was still standing there in the room. “We have a visitor.” he silently said as he opened the door. Crashing down onto the floor was a figure rolling down the carpeted ground in a thud.

He looked up at Queen B. and the others in utter embarrassment. “Urm…”

 Youngbae narrowed his eyes. “You.” He stated.

Yoobin crossed her arms, “It seemed that you forget we can hear you if you sneak around these hallways..especially if you want to eavesdrop on a conversation., ...V.I.”
 

“V.I?” Youngbae asked, not taking his eyes of him.


“This boy..Seungri, codename V.I.” Yoobin said pointing at him. “He’s already a little handful but useful.”


Seungri looked down, still not saying anything.


“..Can’t believe you took a boy in.” Youngbae commented as he still looked at Seungri. “It seems that I’m not the only one that changed in these past 4 weeks, my queen.”  He dared say.

“Are you mocking me, Taeyang?” Yoobin said using his other name.

 

“No..But I say once again. Whatever plan you are doing tonight, something will turn up.” He turned around passed Seungri, “Starting with this one…” he quickly said as he took out a knife towards Seungri .

 

But he, too, was just as fast, holding the blade with two fingers, pushing it close to the ground. Both with tight grips. Youngbae wasn’t even surprised, rather he was just testing how much this ‘Seungri’ knew. And he has to admit, he was different then the first time they met outsdie.

 

“…It seems that you are the one that changed.” Yoobin coldly stated.

“Lives will be taken tonight.”