Chapter 4

I fell....in love with the enemy

“…So that’s your plan?”

Youngbae aka Taeyang asked as he turned around after adjusting his police cap. He stayed that night at the mansion discussing their future plans of dealing with Yoobin and the gang till peak hours.

“It’s the only way.” Yoobin aka Queen B said as she walked pass him from the bathroom, wearing only a white towel from a morning shower.  She crossed her arms, “Don’t give me that look, Tae. It will work.”

Youngbae sighed. It wasn’t because Yoobin was only wearing nothing but a towel in front him—they knew each other since they were kids, it was nothing to him but because he knew her that long, there were often concerns.

He took a seat on the bed as Yoobin went behind a Japanese bamboo wall to change. “It’s not that, just…look, you are going out with this rookie—sidekick, let’s say, Seunghyun. I only know him for a month now and I’m having doubts.”

“Did something happened between both of you?” Yoobin asked as she got out from changing, wearing black skin tight shorts and a red tube top. She threw him a bottle of foundation, “Help me put this on my arms.” She also mentioned. Covering her tattoos was something she always done, it was a way to conceal her identity.

Youngbae shook his head as he started to dab lightly of foundation to cover up her beautiful peacock tattoo. “…After that night, I felt like something in his mind just clicked. You didn’t happen to do something to him before I got there, right?”

Yoobin shook her head, “If only giving him a whack to the head is nothing then  nope.”

He stopped and gave her a look, “YB.” He said sternly.

“What? At least I didn’t kill the guy.”

“….That’s what I was scared of…” Youngbae muttered.

“Hrm?”

Youngbae shook his head, “It’s nothing..just be careful. I found that he has a pretty intense mind.”

“Don’t worry. I got it all under control…And tonight isn’t my night, it’s also yours.” She said with a small smirk.

Youngbae narrowed his eyes, “What do you mean, mine?”

Guess what restaurant we are going to? There’s gonna be a dealing from the lost we needed from that night. Go in and do your thing. I’ll be there but as ‘Yoobin’.”

He widen his eyes, “You mean--?”

Yoobin smirked, “it’s going be like killing two birds with one stone.”
 

~~~

Seunghyun got out of his car in front of the bakery. He looked at his sliver watch and noticed that he was right on time. The bakery already had a closed sign but the door was unlocked as Seunghyun went inside.

“Hello?”  He called out but silence greeted him as he took a few more steps in.

Looking around it was partly dimmed, at this time it was winter, night comes in faster. The presence of the café was different compared when it was a busy area. It was all empty with cleaned up counters, chairs put up on tables but the smell of baked goods still lingered in the air.

Seunghyun decided to go in the back, possibly Yoobin might be in her office. As he turned to go into the hallway where he first asked Yoobin for the evening, he felt a sudden movement behind him. Quickly turning around, he saw nothing.

“…H-Hello? Yoobin-shii?” Seunghyun said once again. He wasn’t liking the feeling of being alone---or was he?
 

Moving towards to the counter, he noticed that the curtains to the kitchen moved. Taking a breath, he opened it…

 

“AH!”

 

Yoobin frowned at him. “Well..hello to you.” She said as she crossed her arms.

Seunghyun gulped, “I’m sorry—you startled me!” Since when was she there? He thought

“That’s why, people like you don’t go in the back. You should have waited in the front.” She said.

He slightly chuckled, “Right…sorry. Yoobin-shii.”

“Yoobin is fine. No need for manners.”  She corrected. Yoobin turned around and grabbed her bag then turned off the kitchen light. “I was finished cleaning from the back, we can go.”

Seunghyun nodded as Yoobin lead the way. Looking at her back, he noticed that she was wearing a nice sleeveless simple black dress. Her brown hair was left simple down and makeup was natural as well—a thing that Seunghyun particularly liked as he smiled.

“What is it?” Yoobin asked noticing his large smile on his face as she raised an eyebrow.

He chuckled, shaking his head as he walked towards her, “You’re dressed nice for this evening out.”

Yoobin looked up at him and gave him a smirk. “Why not? You are new here, I might as well show you new places to eat if you want to take a another  girl for an actual date.” She answered.

“ And I know just the place..”

 

~~~

The car ride was nice and peaceful with small talks from Seunghyun. Yoobin was glad he was the talker—not her, heck, she preferred silence but  I guess a killer like her should understand people have normal conversation sometimes.

“Ah…” Yoobin said interrupting Seunghyun’s story about some part of his life (Yoobin wasn’t even listening) “It’s right here.” She pointed to a big grand restaurant with lights.

As they parked, Seunghyun got out of the car and whistled. “Wow..that is some place. Glad I didn’t wear something too causal.” He said looking at himself as he wore only a nice dress shirt and dark jeans.

Yoobin grinned, “It’s my favorite Italian restaurant, best one in Korea.” She said as they both went in the doors.

Not surprisingly, Yoobin was a regular but Seunghyun didn’t have to know that as they were already directed towards their table.

Seunghyun looked around and noticed that it was not just an Italian restaurant but it felt like they were in Italy. The atmosphere of the place felt like they weren’t even in Korea—the whole atmosphere was different but peaceful. There was also a pianist in the corner playing a beautiful melody.

“You like?” Yoobin asked, setting a napkin on her lap.

Seunghyun nodded, “It’s beautiful. Nice pick.”

“Sometimes if I don’t feel like eating Korean food, I go here. Something to get away to.”

He nodded, “I feel the same.”

“How so?”  Yoobin asked, a little interested of his answer.

“Well…not just the food. But something about myself, there are lots of things I want to change.”

Yoobin titled her head, still in confusion.

With a smirk, he said. “My mind.”

 

~~~

“Full house..”

The men on the table groaned and tossed their cards on the table in frustration.

“Wow…Not bad, Kid.” One of the old men laughed, saying in an Italian accent.  “No wonder, you are Taeyang…no one can see your bluff!”

Taeyang aka Youngbae smirked, eyes cold but focused. “Thank you.”  He said as he scratched his jaw, revealing a relatively new mark on his face…

 

Moments before---

Yoobin turned around and took out Youngbae’s cap revealing a stylish Mohawk, “You never take off this cap, do you? Never shown your hair to anyone?”

He nodded, “Never. If they find out, they probably want it removed. But it’s my style, you know that.”

“Good..” Yoobin said as she took out some black ink. “You’re going to be someone new. because…tonight and forever, it will be part of your new identity, Taeyang.”

 

~~~

Yoobin sat there looking at Seunghyun, “Your..mind?”

He nodded as he took a breath, “Actually…from every customer here eating…I can analyze every single detail just by us walking past them and sitting down here. “

“How so?” Yoobin still questioned as she leaned forward. I guess tonight isn’t that bad..but what is he up to? She thought.

Chuckling, Seunghyun leaned in. “Simple. See the couple right behind me, 4 tables down? Young woman wearing a yellow dress and a nervous man in front of her?...You can tell, he is going to propose to her by his actions but it seems that she doesn’t understand what’s going on…Wait a minute.” Seunghyun said as he sat up straight but smirked as he crossed his arms..”.Ah..right on time. 3…2…1.” He counted down and out of no where…

 

“OH MY GODD!!”

 

Yoobin’s ears perked up, almost standing up from her seat but quickly looked behind him. Seunghyun was right..the man proposed and they are happily hugging each other as guests in the room clapped.

She narrowed her eyes, “…You can tell by looking at a person that…far?” she asked but was interrupted by a waitress.

“May I take your orders?”

Without even looking at the menu since Yoobin already knew it, she answered, “Special 3 please.”

“And you, sir?”

“I’ll have the same…”Seunghyun replied as he winked at Yoobin—in return made a face.

Smiling, he said, “I trust what food you ordered because you did pick a wonderful place. And well,…back to the subject…” Seunghyun nodded, “It’s a bad habit of mine..but I think I don’t want to scare you since this is our first outing and all.”

“You’re not. I mean, sorry I’m not that talkative. Just curious.” Yoobin answered.

“Not to worry. I…feel that I can trust you.” He said but hesitated on telling her the truth. But Seunghyun didn’t have his doubt. Yoobin made him feel…different. For some reason, he could just spill out everything and it will just be fine…yes, fine.

Yoobin was taken back. Trust? Already to this subject? Obviously trust was a big issue to her but with Seunghyun, that’s something she has to figure out with him.

“I..well, besides these other people. I can’t somehow…analyze….you.”

Before she even answered, Seunghyun quickly tried to cover what he said, “I mean, not in that sense of way but I don’t seem to understand you…as in reading your mind or examining who you really are. Any of those likes especially not compared to the couple behind me. And it’s…”

“Strange to you?” Yoobin said, completing his sentence for him.

Seunghyun nodded, confessing, “Y-yes…”

Yoobin actually chuckled which lighten the mood as Seunghyun looked at her. “I guess since you were so used to it..you should try asking.”

He smiled at her, “Maybe I should. But that’s what I like. I know I may not know you well enough but it feels like I can always ask than what my mind already knows. Not only you are interesting, but you are a special person, Yoobin.”

Titling her head, Yoobin looked at him, “How so?”

“You’re different. Unlike many other girls out there, you don’t seem to be like them. Because of how I analyze things, looking at you,…. I don’t see anything.”

“I guess I am a special person after all.”

He smiled, “Let’s say you are a breather for me. A surprise after a surprise.”

With that said, the waitress came back with their dish. It was a grand plate of lasagna, steamed vegetables and bread—all simple but a great dinner for Yoobin, especially Seunghyun who was surprised at her taste.

Throughout dinner, Seunghyun was still surprised that no matter how hard he tried to look at Yoobin, no information could get to him but at least he learned about what she liked---baking but that’s it.

After they finished eating, the same waitress came out, giving them a bottle of wine.

“Oh…we didn’t order this.” Seunghyun said but the waitress declined. “This is a special order made. We understand you as guests here. The chief always requests it from the back.” She promptly answered then leaving them with two glasses of wine.

Yoobin nodded slowly as she gripped her dress under the table. “Excuse me, I…need to go to the restroom.”

Seunghyun nodded, “Take your time."

 

Not being obvious, Yoobin got up politely and walked to the restroom. But she took a moment before she entered the restroom, knowing that no was behind her or in the restroom, she locked the door and pulled out her wig, taking a paper towel, she wiped off her foundation on her arms.

With two swift movements, her tattoos were revealed as well as her cat eye and bright red lipstick. She pulled up her dress a little and sealed in a hidden knife. Smirking at the mirror, Yoobin looked at herself,

“This side of ‘Yoobin’ has been good, now let’s have some fun as ‘Queen B’”

 

~~~

As Seunghyun saw Yoobin leave to the restroom, Seunghyun quickly looked around and sat back. Relaxing a little, he sighed, Man..that woman is some woman alright.

He pulled out his phone and dialed a number. Without even hearing a ‘hello’ from the other line, he answered, “All positions, ready.”

~~~

Queen B aka Yoobin walked swiftly out of the restroom and luckily no one was coming in. As a few waiters walking pass her, she quickly took a glance at her table and saw Seunghyun taking a phone call. With a grim look on her face, she wondered who he was talking to but it didn’t matter. Time was ticking.

 Quickly walking to the kitchen, she was greeted by the staff who obediently bowed to her.

“Back room.” She ordered.

With two men showing her the way, they led her to the back entrance of the restaurant. A door was in front of them and they knocked. A small slit opened showing two dark eyes, “Who---?”

Before he even answered, Queen B kicked the door down, causing the man on the other side unconscious. The two men beside of her backed off, “He was taking too long.” She commented as she walked in.

Going into the darkness, there was a dimmed light in the middle of the room. It was a large table filled with men, money in the middle of the table and cards…they were gambling.

“My My…from that noise. I knew it was you.” A voice said towards Queen B. who smirked in reply.

“Don’t want to miss this little sausage fest.”

Everyone turned around and quickly stood up, knowing it was Queen B. they had to bow down to acknowledge her. She is that powerful.

“Sit. Sit.” She simply said as the men relaxed. “I just want to see how this little game is coming along.”

The same man spoke up in a grin, “It’s going pretty strong here, my Queen. Only I and this fellow here are at it. He’s, got some game. I am not surprised. “

Yoobin turned and looked at the man that he was talking about. She smirked as she went closer to him and agreed. “Learned nothing from the best…ain’t that right? Taeyang?” She said as she slyly wrapped her arms around his shoulders with her chin gently on his head.

Taeyang smirked, eyes still cold and nodded as Yoobin played around with his hair. “I will win.”

The Italian man in front of them, boosted a laugh. “I like what you’re thinking! You, my queen, aren’t betting to win…this?” he pulled out a suitcase with a crystal clear diamond.

It was the moment that Taeyang been wanting for since he started playing poker with them. Yoobin could’ve been here earlier and this man wouldn’t have to bother him so much. Taeyang looked up at her,  still with her arms around his shoulders, she let go.

With a hand on her hip, she smiled, “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend…but you know, I’m more better than that.”

“Oh. What is?” he asked.

“Alfonzo, let’s not play this game—hrm? I know you stole something from …let me think, a certain ex-friend of mine.” 

The man, Alfronzo, gulped but still kept is cool. “Ah…you don’t mean that one dealing you did the previous night? I heard about it on the news.” He chuckled, “Poor him. What do you need from me? I didn’t steal anything.”

“Bull.” Yoobin replied, her eyes immediately turned dark. She doesn’t like to be lied to nor did she have the freaking time for.

Yoobin started to walk slowly around the table as Alfonzo got nervous.

“I’m telling you---“

"AAAAAHHH!" a scream roared in the room, with all attention. she just took out her hidden knife and stabbed his hand on the table.Gasps echoed in the room but no one dared to do anything.

“This is the second time, I’ve attacked but no kills today. Don’t make it the 3rd a death--you” She threaten. “Tell me..how long you work with Ryu?” Yoobin asked, mentioning Ryu was the under cover policemen.

 

Alfonzo was still speechless but said in Italian. “I’ll give you whatever you want but I want you to trust me in one thing…I am your servant—I honor you but please, I can only say…” 

                                            he looked around nervously,

 

We play this game.”

 

With that said, Yoobin made no emotion but nodded, leaving the room.

 

As Yoobin left, Taeyang gave a look to Alfonzo. It was silent but he knew what he meant in code..

                                                                                                                                                        "They are watching us."

~~~

 

Yoobin quickly threw on her foundation on her arms, erased her harsh makeup and pulled back her wig. Looking into the mirror, she paused. Yoobin was frustrated, How in the world do they know we are here? She thought. Then thought of Seunghyun, “Is..he doing something?”

Sighing, she quickly but in a certain manner, she opened the door. As noted, there was a line of women behind it, waiting for the restroom.

Yoobin gave them a nod, “All yours, ladies.” She said, leaving them then rushing towards Seunghyun who turned around giving her a smile. From the corner of her eye, Yoobin noticed he was on his cell phone.

“I’m sorry.” Yoobin apologized, “There was a long line…”

“Not at all, I requested to the waitress to hold off our dessert till you came. It’s a cold one, so I didn’t want it to melt when you came.” Seunghyun said.

Yoobin took a seat and nodded, “Thank you.”

He tilted his head to the side, “Are you okay? You seemed a little flushed.” Seunghyun said in concern as he reached over, brushing a strand of hair out of Yoobin’s lips.

“Huh? I’m…fine.” She quickly said, gently pushing his hand away then fixing her hair. “…I guess I was in a rush. I didn’t want you to wait so long…” Yoobin said, trying to cover the subject.

But Seunghyun didn’t take that as an answer, he took Yoobin’s hand in concern. “You know…I trust you. And I want you to trust me. I told you my little secret and I can’t seem to know you. But I want to take that chance. If there is anything…anything at all, tell it to me.” He said gently but sternly.

Yoobin looked at him. His dark eyes were soft staring straight at her and as she admits it, it was memorizing.

 

With a sight nod, she changed the subject, “About this ‘analyzing mind’ you have…Am I the only one that you can’t predict?” Yoobin asked.

 

“You are the very first….and I admit

                                                             that’s what makes me crazy about you.” Seunghyun said coldy.

 

With a surprised look on Yoobin’s face, Seunghyun quickly flipped the round table to the side, bringing Yoobin in his arms to hitting the hard ground.

 

“Whaatt.----“ Yoobin barely had time to yell as gun shots flew over their heads. From all sides, guests were screaming in terror. She could smell smoke as someone was throwing in manmade bottled bombs into the restaurant, exploding making the crystal chandeliers crashing down.

 

In Seunghyun’s arms, Yoobin managed to look up at him. His eyes turned a weird faint color

 

.….red?

 

“Seung..hyun?”

 

Seunghyun flipped them both over, putting Yoobin on her knees. He looked from the side of the table and  pulled out a gun from his ankle “Are you okay?”

Yoobin slowly nodded, “What is going on?”

He sighed, “I’m sorry but…---“

*Bang Bang!

More shots were fired as they both ducked behind the table, Seunghyun kept Yoobin close behind him, as he started to fire his shots as well…killing each one—but there were more.

“We got to get out of here—now!” he said.

Taking Yoobin’s hand, they tried to run towards the entrance…or whatever that was opened. Fire was blazing through the restaurant as dead bodies were piled on the ground—either from gunshots or burnt from the flames.

As they ran, Seunghyun took his gun and was shooting their way out but in the end, they collapse to the far corner. Out of breath, he wiped his forehead…”Damn it. We’re not even close to any of the exits!”

Yoobin stayed quiet. Not sure what to think or what they got themselves into was the last thing on her mind…What about Taeyang? Is he okay? Did he get caught? Is he….dead?

“I…” she started to say.

Seunghyun turned to her, still hand in hand, he took his right and cupped her face, “Hey..it’s okay. We will get out of here. I’ll keep you safe….” His eyes now mysteriously turned back to its normal color

“No..” Yoobin shook her head, “It’s not that. Just…what is going on here?”

He sighed, “I wish I had an answer to that.”

Seunghyun heard a noise and without even blinking, he quickly fired a bullet to another man’s head—3 ft behind Yoobin’s head as he shoved her once again to his chest.

“The only thing we need to do is not to die.”

Struggling out of his grip, Yoobin looked at him sternly. “And I know a way not to die! You listen to me and stop pushing me into YOU….”

It was a time where Yoobin hated being the damsel in distress, the weak link, the one that needs the saving---she was Queen B, dammnit!

This time taking the lead, she grabbed Seunghyun and ran into the kitchen. “I am a regular here, Seunghyun..why don’t you trust a local to take you out?”

“Well..who is the one with a weapon, huh?..As far as I could tell, those low lives out there are looking around for survivors and beyond that, the whole place is going to burn up!” he argued back.

With a smug look on Yoobin’s face, she took several knifes from the drawer and packed it in her dress.

“Fact 1: Did you know Yoobin is great at playing darts?” Yoobin said, giving him a smirk. “These can be my weapons.”

Surprised, Seunghyun asked, “You’re not afraid to hurt someone?”

“No..unless they hurt others---especially the ones I care about.” She said simply. But in her mind, Killing is what I do, I am Queen B after all.

With a grin, he nodded, “Be careful. You know how to get out of here?”
 

“There should be an opening on the side, I’ve noticed there is a wide open hole in one of the glass wall…we can get out of there.”

“What if there are those men?” Seunghyun asked.

Yoobin looked at him, “Don’t worry. I’ll score 100.”

 

With that said, they ran forward. Seunghyun with his gun and Yoobin with her handy knives, they were able to reach the opening until….

“HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!”

They both stopped at what was blocking their way. A huge wide man appeared right in front of them.

“If you run now, I’ll blow this place up!” he roared, showing them a remote control in his hands.

Hesitating, they lowered their weapons. Both looked at each other and nodded.

 

Seunghyun went forward with Yoobin behind, “What is your business here? Why are you and your men destroying the place and killing innocent people?”

The large man bellowed a laugh, “Oh, did you not know?...are you an officer?”

Seunghyun stood still but grew cold eyes, “What of it?”

 

“Heheheh…. Didn’t you know, we are actually on your side. There’s a person here. A WOMAN to be exact….Hrm....what was her name….AH---yes!

 

QUEEN B.”

 

Yoobin’s ears perked up as her eyes slightly widen…me?.

“What do you want with Queen B?” Seunghyun asked.

With a ugly smirk on his face, the man pulled out a large gun towards Seunghyun, “There’s price tag on her head—alive…but Dead wouldn’t make a difference. I decided that instead of finding her here in a proper manner, I rather have her smoked out—you know the easy way…that’s why I decided to blow this place… Now for you two, dead would just be in only two seconds…”

Seunghyun still kept is cool, even though the gun was pointing right at him, he was about to charge at him but in a blink of an eye, the large man fell backwards.

“….?!”

 

“….whoops.”

Seunghyun immediately turned around, Yoobin just threw a knife straight to the man’s forehead, killing him on the spot.

“….You—“ Seunghyun was about to say but stopped as he quickly ducked her over from a falling chandelier, as the crystals crashed, arms were tangled as he looked down at Yoobin, who clearly gasped. He just nearly saved her life!With a quick breath, Seunghyun was quite impressed, “….have brilliant aim.” He said giving her a smirk.

Yoobin returned the smirk, “…it’s a gift and a curse at the same time—I just killed him.” 
That bast—d should die! What he mentioned about me is unforgivable!. She silently thought.

“it’s okay..” he said, as he got up “…Not sure how you did it ,but you did. We should get that remote----aah!”

Seunghyun yelled as someone shot his hand, they both ducked again, peeping out from the laying debris on the ground. Just how many are these guys?!

“Are you okay?” Yoobin asked, she took his hand and looked at the wound. He was bleeding furiously, as she could tell the bullet penetrated it deeply.

“It’s….f-fine.” Seunghyun said weakly. “You should go…!”

“What? No! I…” Yoobin stopped as more gun shots were fired near them. Without even thinking, Yoobin took Seunghyun’s gun and fired. Shooting at least three more people until they were able to clear out.

With widen eyes, Seunghyun looked at her, “Yoobin…” he said.

“Don’t mention about it. Let’s go!” She said as she helped him up on one side. Running towards the remote control in front of them, a pillar started to fall….

Both of their eyes widen as almost in slow motion, it landed on the remote…

“YOOBIN!” Seungyun yelled turned and cover himself over Yoobin, pushing themselves through a glass wall, as the flames from the explosion flamed out behind them as they crashed landed on a pile of glass.

With a huge thud, Seunghyun’s body laid solid on top of Yoobin’s. Out of breath, she felt Seungyun got off of her. Yoobin immediately got up and turn to him, 

“What did you  just do? Are you crazy?!”

Seunghyun coughed in pain and chuckled, “At least you’re safe…” he said, falling into deep unconsciousness.

Yoobin widen her eyes as she tried to shake him, “Yah!...hey you can’t..!!” she stopped as she heard the firetruck alarm and police sirens coming not too far from where she was…

Oh no…I can’t be here if they come! She thought.

Yoobin quickly patted down Seunghyun’s pants and luckily found his car keys. With all her strength, she dragged Seunghyun all the way to his car…

 

~~~

 

Seunghyun woke up with a start as he started coughing. Then he looked around, it was pitch dark in an unfamiliar room. He noticed that he was in a small living room combined with a small kitchen in the corner and T.V in front of him as well as a large floor table. But then he quickly examined himself, he was wearing the same pant but his shirt was gone, his chest was covered in a bandage and his hand…

Seunghyun lifted up his hand and noticed it was nicely patched up. “…Where---“

“You’re in my home…”

The light switched on as Seunghyun turned around. There was a sliding door not too far away from him, stood Yoobin who was leaning against the wall. She was wearing simple sweats and a large long sleeve shirt. Walking over to him, she sat down, examining his face, “You look alright, are you still in pain?”

He shook his head, “I’m..alright. What...what the hell happened?”

“Well…after we crashed out the window. You were unconscious so I managed to drive your car back to my place to patch you up.”

“What about the restaurant? ”

“Burn down…I believe. Not sure about survivors. My main goal was you.

Surprised but Seunghyun nodded, “Thanks.”

“You saved mine, so I’ll return the favor….” Yoobin stated but then again paused, “…I’m surprised you didn’t ask me about the police or whether I should have taken you to the hospital.”

Seunghyun chuckled, “….as an officer, I may have some skeletons in my closet.”

“What do you mean? You knew this was going to happen?” Yoobin asked.with her raised eyebrows. Seunghyun could tell she was going to get upset.

“…I admit it. I was supposed to be on a mission. And coincidentally, it was at the restaurant but I agreed…until, I didn’t know how dangerous it could be.I-I don’t know. I’m sorry, Yoobin. As soon as I saw what I—we were up against, I got you hurt. Nonetheless, I was the one injured the most….I’m actually glad you didn’t wait for the cops to come, or else I’m just a big failure to them.”

Within his big confession, all what Yoobin did was nodded which until now, didn’t surprise Seunghyun. Silent between them grew as if no more words needed to be exchange. Seunghyun, turned to look at Yoobin, she had some patches on her neck and a faint scratch on her cheek.

He reached over and touched the small mark, “Are you okay?....with this?”

Yoobin gave him a small nod which was a big relief to Seunghyun. He knew that he could trust her! But Yoobin slowly took his hand and placed it on her cheek.

 

“Are you okay…with this?” she asked him the same question as she held his large bandaged hand on her left cheek.

 

Without hesitation, Seungyun moved in closer,  “Just as long I could feel your warmth through my hand, I’ll be fine.”

 

Then he kissed her.

 

~~~

 

Sunye took a breath as she opened the door and closed it behind her. It was Sunye’s first night to close up the café. It was a weekend but Yoobin had called her to come back to help do restock, sadly, Yeuun couldn’t be there because Daesung was sick.

“Hrmp….if my boyfriend was sick, can I skip work?” Sunye said mumbling to herself. “Yeah…right, Sunye. WHAT BOYFRIEND?” she yelled outloud.

She didn’t care because no one was out in the streets that time but if there was, heck, she still wouldn’t care. That’s the type of girl that Sunye is.

Fumbling the car keys from her bag, a fire engine and a couple of police cars drove quickly past her, making her pull down her long skirt. “Ahh.!” She yelled, covering herself.

Sunye turned and noticed that there was dark smoke in the air, where the firetrucks were driving to. 


“Hrm….I bet there a fire somewhere. “ she noted.

Looking around, she finally reached to the small parking area not too far from the café. Pressing the unlock button, she walked towards it but felt someone behind her.

Quickly turning around, Sunye saw no one. As cautious as she was, she gulped. I should hurry run to the car… she thought.This area is pretty creepy at this time...

But as she turned around, she hit into a person making her fall backwards. Without even thinking, she screamed as she turned to run but the person grabbed her

 

“Sunye!” he yelled.

 

Looking at the hand of the stranger, he was wrapping his other arm around his side…bleeding. Rough cuts were all over his face as his clothes were badly ripped and from Sunye’s eyes, it looked like some parts were burned.

 

He griped harder, “P-Please….h-elp me.”

 

As Sunye heard his voice again, she knew exactly who it is…

 

 

“Y-Youngbae!”