Mato (Part 4)

Battlefield of Love

“So you actually do speak, Daehyun,” U-Kwon says. “So who’s it going to be?”

“Can’t you… uhhh… give me a second… to… to think?” Daehyun asks slowly, causing Youngjae to grin even wider.

“Do you have a speaking disability? Is that why you don’t speak?” U-Kwon asks mockingly. “Anyways, hurry up and make your decision. I don’t have all day you know. Boss has a schedule.”

Daehyun looks back and forth between Jongup and Youngjae as he tries to make a “decision.” After looking back and forth at his two teammates for a bit, running his hands through his hair due to frustration because he can’t decide, he finally locks eyes with Jongup. Jongup stares straight into Daehyun's eyes, feeling as if Daehyun is trying to send him a message. For some reason, Jongup knows everything is going to be alright, he just feels it, knowing that Daehyun is telling him everything will be okay and not to worry, Daehyun eventually averts his eyes to U-Kwon.

U-Kwon lets out a tired sigh before speaking, “It’s about time. Did you finally make a decision? I was getting tired waiting on you. So? Who’s it going to be?”

Daehyun opens his mouth to answer, hesitates, closes his mouth, opens his mouth once more, hesitates again, and closes his mouth.

“He’s pretty good at stalling. A great actor,” Youngjae thinks, the smirk never leaving his face.

“Cat got your tongue?” U-Kwon asks Daehyun.

Daehyun opens his mouth to speak and right before he goes to close it, U-Kwon says, “Spit it out.”

Daehyun looks over to Youngjae, who gives him a nod.

“Okay. I’ve made my decision,” Daehyun says to U-Kwon.

“Okay, well hurry up and say it,” U-Kwon demands, annoyed from waiting so long.

“Well, I decided that I wanted to tell you something…,” Daehyun says.

“You want to tell me something?” U-Kwon asks confusedly before looking over to Jaehyo, who just shrugs not understanding what Daehyun means either.

“Yes. I want to tell you something. Let’s just keep this between us. I have a secret for you,” Daehyun says with a smirk before an explosion occurs and the metal door is busted down, causing debris to fly up in the air.

“Now, Jongup!” Youngjae says, before they both take the opportunity to get away from U-Kwon and Jaehyo by elbowing them in the gut while they’re distracted.

“What the hell is going on?!” U-Kwon exclaims through his coughs, clutching his stomach as Jongup and Youngjae run over to Daehyun’s sides.

U-Kwon and Jaehyo stand their confused, looking at where the explosion came from. The debris and dust in the air begin to settle and two shadowy figures start to appear.

“Now I have two people I’d like to introduce to you, U-Kwon. Meet Zinger and Jieun from Squad SECRET,” he says with a smirk as two girls step forward allowing themselves to be revealed, smirks on their faces as well.

The two girls wear slick black combat gear, accentuating their figures, with a vest full of weapons and ammunition, machine guns in their arms.

"Hot...," Jaehyo says under his breath, U-Kwon giving a slight nod in agreement.

"Here take these," Zinger says before both Jieun and she throw some earpieces and their extra hand guns to the men of Squad 6, who skillfully catch them in their hands.

Once the men quickly put in the earpieces, they hear Sunhwa on the other side cheering that her teammates were successful in aiding Squad 6. The five allies surround U-Kwon and Jaehyo, all pointing their guns at them.

"The tables have turned, haven't they?" Daehyun states, seeing U-Kwon's and Jaehyo's faces full of worry.

"You guys planned this all along?!" Jaehyo exclaims.

"Actually, it wasn't exactly planned. Before your men came to take me away, I sent for backup from Squad SECRET, who were at one of our military bases a few hundreds of miles away from here. We brought them along just incase we ran into a situation, which we did."

"So you were stalling this whole time until they got here...," U-Kwon says, looking at Daehyun.

Daehyun responds, "Basically. But I didn't know they were coming at first until Youngjae told us all."

"What?" Jaehyo says.

"I just had to think of what came first," Daehyun says.

After a few seconds, U-Kwon, who is smarter than he seems, understands what Daehyun is saying.

***

Daehyun, think of what comes first…,” Youngjae says, eyes locked with Daehyun before he continues,
Sure, you’ll get to save one of us, maybe, but then what comes after that?
Escaping is the next thing you’ll have to do.

Can you come up with a way to escape safely because I’m sure they’ll probably still come after you and whoever you pick to save.
Right now, you need to make sure you have a plan.
Except, time is ticking so you better think quickly, but make sure you still take your time...
Think!”

***

"," U-Kwon mutters under his breathe before he quickly pulls a device from a vest pocket and activating it before anyone can react.

A cloud of smoke suddenly appears causing Squad 6 and Squad SECRET to be blinded. Daehyun orders everyone to not shoot to prevent friendly fire. Running footsteps are heard before U-Kwon speaks.

"Well, this game isn't over yet! You got lucky this round!"

", they got away," Daehyun says as the smoke clears up.

"Now what?' Jongup asks.

"We need to find Captain Bang and Zelo," Youngjae says.

In their earpieces, they hear Sunhwa say, "No. You all need to escape. Captain Hyosung is on her way to find Captain Bang and Zelo. Captain Bang still has on his headgear so I was able to pin down his location and sent it to Captain Hyosung. I believe Zelo is with him, at least that's what the data is showing but I'm not sure. I'm not able to speak to him right now because I'm unfamiliar with the technology your team uses so I can't connect with him. You guys have about forty minutes left to get out, which is plenty of time. Just listen to the directions I give you all and get out of their quickly. Be quick on your feet because I'm sure there are plenty of traps you all will run into so listen to my instructions quickly and carefully."

The five listen to Sunhwa guide them through the metal building and fortunately they were able to escape quickly without running into any obstables. They all gather up behind a large sand dune where Sunhwa is on a portable computer. Youngjae jumps right next to her and gently pushes her aside before begins furiously typing away, working to gain connection to Yongguk's headset.

------------------------------------------------------------

Yongguk is able to bust the glass causing a small crack. He keeps hitting the crack until it gets larger and the whole tank shatters with water pouring everywhere, covering the floor. He catches Zelo before he falls, shouting Zelo's name. He gets no response so he quickly lays him down and takes off all the restrains from his wrist and ankles. He places two fingers on the main artery in Zelo's neck. There's a faint pulse. He feels relieved at knowing Zelo is still alive, barely alive, but still alive. He throws off his helmet and begins to perform CPR, kneeling next to Zelo's body and placing his right hand on Zelo's chest. He places his left hand on top of his right, letting the fingers from his left fit between the fingers of the right hand. He begins the chest compressions, pumping down hard and fast before he tilts Zelo's head back and lifts up his chin to open his mouth. He pinches Zelo's nose and places his mouth on top of Zelo's before giving two breaths. He repeats the process a few times and still no response. Yongguk begins to panic and becomes frantic. He places his lips back onto Zelo's, blows two breaths, and goes back to the compressions. He presses down harder and eventually Zelo coughs, water spilling from his lips.

"Zelo!" Yongguk cries before sitting him up and slapping him hard on his back a few times.

Zelo begins to cough up a large amount of water, gasping for air simultaneously.

"It's okay. I'm here. I'll get you out safely," Yongguk says, feeling relief and pure bliss as he rubs Zelo's back.

Zelo quickly, but weakly, throws himself onto Yongguk into a hug, body shakily rapidly.

"I-I-I-I-I... I-I'm-I-I-I'm... s-s-so-s-so... c-c-co-co-col-d-co-cold-d-d-d...," he says quietly through his chattering teeth.

"I gotta get you out of here quickly. Hold on. I'll carry you," Yongguk says, before trying to detach himself from Zelo.

"N-n-no-n-no...," Zelo says, not wanting Yongguk to let go, craving for his warmth.

"I'm sorry, give me a quick second," Yongguk says before quickly detaching himself to place his helmet back on and goes right back to Zelo.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Sunhwa, once it hits the five minute mark, we have to get far away to get to safety from the explosion. Youngjae and you have to be quick to get the other three out of there. How much time is left?"

"About thirty-three minutes left."

"Can you guys turn of your earpieces? The connection is being largely dispersed. I need to cut the distribution so I have a stronger connection to reach Captain Bang," Youngjae says.

Once everyone turns off their headsets, Youngjae is able to establish a better connection. He sends a signal to Yongguk's headset.

As he tries to reach Yongguk, he asks Hyosung if she's reached Yongguk, who responds that she's almost there. He tells her to hurry before trying to see if he's achieved a connection.

"Captain Bang, can you hear me?"

There's no response but he keeps trying. The computer says a connection is establish but there's no response. He keeps trying and a few seconds and eventually Yongguk replies.

"Youngjae...? Youngjae?! Is that you?!" Yongguk exclaims.

"Yes, it's me! Sorry for losing connection earlier! Are you with Zelo?!" Youngjae says, thankful he finally went through.

"Yeah, I am," Yongguk tries to say calmly. "But he's in bad condition. I got to get him out of here but I think he has hypothermia."

"Hypothermia?! How?! We're in a freaking desert!" Youngjae exclaims, causing the others around him to jump do to his sudden shouting before they begin to worry about Zelo and his condition.

"I'll explain later... What?! Hyosung?! How'd you get here?!" Yongguk replies to Youngjae, cutting himself off midway as Hyosung appears, addressing her.

"I'll explain later too but first we need to get out of here. We have a little under thirty minutes left," Hyosung says.

"Wait! You can't move Zelo's body in that condition or he could die! You need to lay him down horizontally and let him warm up first."

"We don't have time!" Yongguk exclaims!

"Youngjae is right, Captain Bang," Hyosung says. "Let's at least give him out of this cold room first and then we need to remove him from his wet clothing."

The two of them carry Zelo out into the metal hallway and lay him down on his back before cutting off his clothes and ripping it away. Zelo's body continues to tremble as they remove his garments and eventually they get him completely bare. Zelo tries pulls Yongguk down and remove his clothing but can't due to his unsteady hands. Yongguk understands what Zelo wants without Zelo saying anything and ask Hyosung to help him to quickly remove his own clothing, as he's taking off his headgear, so he can give Zelo body heat.

"I know this isn't the time to joke but if we weren't in such a dire situation right now, I'd probably think that I'm a pretty lucky girl being next to two muscular men in their full ," Hyosung says in a stern manner and she pulls Yongguk's boots off.

Neither Hyosung or Yongguk laugh as they focus on removing Yongguk's gear quickly but Hyosung hears a slight chuckle coming from her earpiece. After they finish removing off all of Yongguk's clothing, Yongguk lays down next to Zelo and holds him closely in his arms, legs intertwining together. Youngjae speaks through the headset.

"Captain Hyosung, right now you guys have twenty-seven minutes and thirty-four seconds left. I calculated the time it will take you guys to get out and to get into the safety zone away from the explosion. When there is eight minutes left, you guys have to leave meaning that you two have a little less than twenty minutes to warm Zelo up as much as you guys can. Pass the earpiece to Captain Bang please."

"Understood," she replies before placing the earpiece into Yongguk's ear.

"He's still freezing. Isn't there any other way to get him get him warm quickly?" Yongguk asks Youngjae as he's shivering from Zelo's lack of body heat.

"Body heat is the best way so you're doing all you can. You just have to hope it will be enough time to warm him up a bit so you guys are able to carry his body out safely. Hold up, Daehyun is telling me something. What?! No. That's-... Well... I guess you're right. It might work."

"What will work?" Yongguk asks.

"Uhhh... Well... You see...," Youngjae replies with hesitation.

"Spit it out! We don't have time for this!" Yongguk demands.

"Okay! ! That will probably warm him up even quicker!"

Yongguk mind freezes. "? Is that really what they came up with?" he thinks to himself.

"What did he say?" Hyosung asks Yongguk, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"He ing said will warm him up quicker. You need to him," Yongguk says bluntly.

"Oh hell no! I'm not ing him! He's like a little kid!"

"Then what are you suggesting?! You want me to have with him?!" he yells, bickering at Hyosung with a shivering Zelo next to him.

"Duh! He's part of your squad!"

Hyosung's words hit him hard. She's right. Zelo is part of his squad. Zelo is his resposibility. Zelo's life is in his hands. But ? With Zelo? With another male? Yongguk puts his pride aside and decides it doesn't matter. It's just . It doesn't mean anything and all he's doing is saving his soldier's life. He tells Hyosung to give them some space so she begins to walk further down the hall. He jokingly asks Hyosung to show him her first before she leaves so he can get hard, a smirk on his face. She turns around, scoffs and walks away calling him a ert.

Joking aside, he asks through the earpiece, "Are you sure about this Youngjae?" as Yongguk is still a little unsure about it himself.

"I can't think of anything else. By the way, you have about twenty-six minutes before the place self-destructs."

"Okay. Zelo, are you okay with this? It's our only option to save you... But I want to make sure you're fine with this...," Yongguk says, staring deep into Zelo's eyes.

Zelo stares back, still shivering, and after a few seconds replies, "Cap-Captain... Ba-Bang... F- me..."

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my lovely readers!

First and foremost, I am so sorry for the longest delay in updating! I wrote both part 3 and half of part 4 of Mato a few months ago and meant to touch them up right after I finished my previous semester of college. During that time I was busy with finals so I was studying like crazy and never got around to post them up. After the semester ended, I went to go visit family in another state and I only planned to stay for three weeks so I didn't feel it was necessary to bring my laptop and I was trying to pack light. Well, let's just say those three weeks ended up becoming two months due to circumstances so I was away from my laptop for a long time. I was always thinking while I was away, "Man... I wish I had my laptop so I could update and write more..." When I got back home finally, I knew I couldn't hold off on this anymore and couldn't let you all wait any longer! So once again, I am so sorry and thank you so much for being patient with me!

As much as I would like to promise you all I will be updating more frequently, I can't promise that as the next semester is about to begin and that there's a lot going on in my life right now, though I feel like a lot is always going on in everyone's life haha Senior year will probably be a bit rough so I will try to write when I have free time but I'm sure you all can relate with me about how school can get pretty busy at times. I'll apologize in advance for any delays.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. Special thanks to my subscribers who have been super patient with me! I will have to say that I expect this fanfic to be longer than I planned and I'm actually thinking it will end up being about 30-50 chapters. I'm not really sure how long it will be but we'll have to see as it goes on. I just see a few big missions to a giant operation Squad 6 will be compaigning in, which is why I'm expecting this to be lengthy. Maybe I'll post other one-shots along the way so you'll have other things to read and enjoy!

Once again, thank you!

~dont_eat_bacon