Running Away

Love Happens ♡


You looked at your parents in complete disbelief. They couldn't be serious right?! No matter how nice Woohyun was, you knew that L.Joe was the only person in this world for you.


Mr. and Mrs. Nam clapped gleefully, "Great! Then it's settled. We shall have their engagement party when Woohyun graduates high school this year." Your parents nodded in agreement and they continued to talk about your engagement. You couldn't even say antthing or object because of the stares that your parents were giving you. Soon the Nams left and your parents followed them out.


Your parents came back in the house and stared at you. You stood up and nervously looked back at them. You watched quietly as your mom took Dong Soo upstairs. Your dad came over and sat down in the couch apart from you. "Sit down," he growled. You did as told. He wiped his face and looked at you. You flinched from his intense stare.


"Um Appa—" "__________, I don't understand you anymore. I'm your dad but you don't tell me anything anymore," he started. "I want you to have a good future, a happy one. And the happy life that I imagine for you is not with that pink haired boy." "Appa but why?" you asked. He sighed, "Because you know how much problems we have with them. You know how much his parents—" "But—" "_________ don't argue with your father," your mother said as she came down the stairs.


You looked at the both of them and huffed, "Umma, Appa, I went along with this engagement idea because I didn't want to seem like a despicable daughter. But now I have to say it! I don't want to be engaged to someone I don't even know!" Your mom gave you a scolding look, "Don't you raise your voice young lady." You took a deep breath and said calmly, "Umma, Appa, I love L—" Your father slammed his hand on the handrest and stood up. He gave you a long look and said in an irritated voice, "You don't love this boy. He's a boyfriend. He's going to dump you someday—" "No! You don't know L.Joe like that!"


Your dad huffed and stared at you for a long time and then said, "You don't know when this boy is going to leave you for some other girl. So why are you picking him over your own family?" You shook your head as tears made their way down your cheek, "I'm not choosing him over my family. But if I was, this stupid engagement wouldn't be able to stop me!" And with that, you ran out the house.


You ran until you bumped into someone. You looked up and saw L.Joe. He smiled but changed to concerned when he saw your tears, "What's wrong?" You shook your head and threw your arms around his neck. L.Joe didn't know what happened or what to do, so he just gently held you and soothingly rubbed your back.


Finally you stopped crying and L.Joe sat you down on a bench in a nearby park. He sat facing you while you were leaning against his chest. He finally decided to talk, "What happened ________ ah? Did your parents scold you for being with me?" You nodded. "Did they hit you again?" you shook your head. "Did they tell you to stop seeing me?" You paused and looked up at him, "L.Joe do you love me?" He smiled and cupped your face, "Of course I do. Who gave you that idea?"


You looked into his eyes as tears threatened to fall out again. In a quivering voice, you said, "L.Joe, can we run away?" He gave you a surprised look, "What?" You shook your head and started to bawl again, "L.Joe I'm so desperate to stay with you that I'm willing to run away with you." He forced you to look up at him, "Hey, hey. Baby, what's wrong? Even if you love me, you would never say something like this. What happened?"


You shook your head, "My parents arranged an engagement." L.Joe's hand dropped in shock. He couldn't believe this! Your parents were willing to go this far just to stop you from seeing him?! L.Joe took your hand and got up. He dragged you towards his house, where his parents weren't home yet. You watched him look through his drawers and pull out a thick box. He opened it to reveal a ton of dollar bills.


He smiled sheepishly, "This is all I saved. I've been saving for a new motorcycle. But I guess the motorcycle will have to wait." You looked at him, "Are we really going to run away?" He nodded, "I don't want anything to come between us anymore."


----------------------------------


Running away?! What?!