2.

Saranghae Kibum:)

 

[I will be writing from Katheryns p.o.v. for now, I think it makes her character more understandable and easier to relate to!

p.s. This chapter starts off in the airport in Seoul, after her plane lands.]

I ran into his arms. We spun around in a hug, undoubtedly drawing attention to ourselves, laughing and crying in a completely blissful state. We stopped spinning and just held each other for what couldn’t even be measured by time.

“I can’t believe you’re actually here” Key held my face with his lovely warm hands.

“Me either, I’ve missed you” I said muffled into his coat.

“Oh haeba, I missed you every day of my life.”

[Haeba is short for Haebaragi (sunflower)]

People around were starting to recognize him, “Come on, let’s go before they cause a scene.”

I laughed, “You’re so famous Kibum,” and kissed him on the cheek. We both blushed.

He led me outside to the car. “Wow. It’s so pretty here.. ”

Key chuckled, “You’re silly haeba”

Haeba. it’s been so long since someone called me that.

“Get in,” Key stopped in front of a beautiful new car.

“Is this your car?” I asked, a little shocked.

It will be, I’m in the process of buying it.”

“Its nice. So where are you taking me?”

“My apartment.”

“What happened to going to a hotel?”

“I can’t take you to a hotel at this hour, none are open.”

“Oh, what time is it?”

“Almost 4:00 a.m.”

“Oh..” I glanced at my phone, “It’s a little after noon in Chicago.”

“You must be hungry, lets stop and eat somewhere.”

“Are there many places open at 4 in the morning here?”

Key just smiled. I guess there are.

I gazed out the window at the incredible view, everything in Seoul was so different and pretty.

“Stop looking out the window like that you look like a sad puppy,” he pinched my stomach.

“Yah! that tickles!”

“I know”, he said as he reached for my stomach again.

“Stop! Stop it!” I yelled in between hiccups of laughter.

Key laughed as he the radio and started humming along.

“What?” He had caught me smiling at him

“It’s been so long since I’ve heard you sing.”

“You don’t listen to SHINees cds?!” he asked mockingly.

“Of course I do! I mean in person.. I’ve missed you singing to me..”

NEOREUL CHEOEUM BWASSEUL DDAE SSALBEUN SUNGAN MEOMCHWEOBARYEOTJI” he started yelling the lyrics to Lucifer.

“You mean like this? Is this what you missed?” key joked. People from other cars were starting to stare.

I laughed at him, oh Kibum how I’ve missed you.

We pulled up to a beautiful apartment complex.

“You live here?”

Key nodded.

While we were in the elevator Key overheard my stomach growling and laughed at me.

“I thought you were going to take me to get something to eat!”

“I wanted to cook for you myself.”

Gaeran tost-u?!”

“Of course, It’s your favorite.”

“Yay!!” I cheered.

“Ahh, here we are. Bring those inside please” Key said to the gentleman carrying my bags.

“Kamsahamnida!” I said to the man with a smile. He just nodded, “Anything else Ahjussi?”

“No. Thank you. You may go.”

“Is he like a bell hop? I didn’t know they have those in apartment buildings.”

“Haeba, he’s not a bell hop, he works for SM, he’s like an assistant.”

I looked around and saw a living room filled with gaming equipment, a huge television and several mini sofas. Down a small hallway was a bedroom split into two parts, one half was a complete mess and the other looked almost empty. Wait, two beds? Surely key doesn’t expect us to-

“Ah, sorry for the mess. Jonghyun’s a slob.”

“Jonghyun?”

“Yes, he is who I’m currently living with.”

“Ah, I see. Where is Jonghyun now?”

“He’s visiting his famiy for the week. He should be coming back today, maybe you can meet him. Come one, I’ll make you some…. Lunch.” Key smiled

“Might as well call it Breakfast. Aren’t you tired? You woke up so early..”

“Aneyo. It was worth it to come see you.”

“Gomawoh.”

“So, how’ve you been? With everything that’s been going on..”

I almost teared up thinking about what happened back in Chicago, “Key can we not talk about that now?”

He saw me sniffling and came over to hug me, “Hey, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have mentioned it. Please don’t cry.”

“I’m sorry Oppa. I’m having a hard time dealing with everything.” As Key was holding me he hand grazed the right side of my stomach.

“Ow.” I moved his hand away “I have a scar there.”

“Is it bad? Let me see.” He started to raise up my coat.

“No, it’s fine. It just gets a little sore sometimes.”

Something on the stove started steaming. “Key” I nodded towards the kitchen.

“Oh! The Gaeran tost-u! I almost forgot!”

“Is it okay?”

“Yes, You saved it.”Key did a funny little curtsy type bow.

I giggled, “When will it be ready?”

“Soon.”

After we ate breakfast, I offered to clean the table and wash the dishes, Key went to sit on the couch. When I finished, he had already fallen asleep. Being pretty tired myself, I cuddled in beside him and dreamt about our time in New York.