1.

Saranghae Kibum:)

 

Katheryn told him a very edited version of the story: A very close friend of hers (Kelli) got involved with a guy who ended up getting arrested for selling drugs. The people he was buying from found out that Kelli knew who they were, so they came after her. In order to save her own life Kelli made a deal with the manufacturers to take her boyfriends place in selling drugs. Katheryn started to notice bruises and scars on Kelli, but when she asked Kelli just shrugged and said It's a long story, Don't worry about it. The marks on Kelli got worse and she started looking yellow and ill. One night Katheryn followed Kelli to see what was happening to her and that's when she discovered the people weren't only making Kelli sell drugs, they were beating her to ensure that she doesn't tell. Katheryn confronted Kelli about what she saw and Kelli begged her to help her out of it. Katheryn went without Kelli to the police to report the manufacturers, but before they could be arrested they got away and discovered it was Kelli's friend who turned them in. They tried to burn down Katheryn and Kellis' apartment (the fire was put out just in time) and left a note for both of them to leave, to go far away or else your friends and family would be killed. On the back of the note were the names, addresses, and pictures of both Kellis' and Katheryns' families.

By the end of the story Katheryn was crying again, and so was Key. 

“I’m so sorry. What are you going to do?”

“Key, I have no idea.” Her sobs spilling through.

Key breathed deepy. “Come to Korea. I’ll fly you out here, you can stay in a hotel for a while until we get things figured out.”

He wasn’t kidding.

“Figured out?”

“Until you have a plan… a place to live.”

She paused and thought for a moment. Moving to Korea? Where she doesn’t even speak the native language? Leaving everyone she loved to be on the other side of the planet? Then again, what choice did she have? “Okay… I guess I’m going to Korea!” Katheryn smiled, it was an odd time to be excited over such a thing. Key was beaming back at her.

They both laughed “I can’t believe this!”

“I’ll take care of everything from here, you just pack and say goodbye. I’ll send you the information for your flight and everything else later.” Key could barely talk from smiling so much.

“Oh okay! Well I gotta go get ready then!” Katheryn thought of how weird she must look; smiling so much while there are still tears in her eyes from earlier.

“Wait- Katheryn.” Key somewhat stopped smiling for a bit, “Are you absolutely sure?”

“Of course. Where else could I go?” Katheryn gave him a warm smile, “And Key? Thank you.”

Key nodded just as his face disappeared from her screen.

Katheryn shut her laptop, closed her eyes, and cried. She was really going to Korea, this was all really happening. She felt butterflies at the thought of seeing Key Kibum.

The next two days were a blur. Katheryn packed up enough of her things to survive on for a few weeks to take with her, leaving the rest in boxes with Professor Harvey to send to her whenever she got things figured out.