Himchan's Birthday Song

Extra Awkward Adventures (Additions)

A few months later and his day had come. It was Jongup’s turn and it was his 18th birthday. I’d gone over early to the boys’ dorm and snuck in with the spare key that Yongguk had secretly given me. They were all fast asleep when I peeked into their room, almost waking them up though as I giggled at their cute unconscious faces.

I moved to the kitchen and searched for the food Himchan had promised me he bought. I found the bacon wedged at the back of the freezer, hidden so it wasn’t eaten early. The eggs were pushed to the back of the fridge and the rest was in plain sight.

As I was serving the food I heard noises from their room. The first to leave their room was Yongguk, undoubtedly woken by the smells filling the dorm.

“Morning!” I flashed a smile. I heard his stomach rumble and ushered him to sit down. They trickled out, sleepy and shirtless, and sat at their spots at the table. The last out was Jongup.

“Birthday boy!” Himchan shouted across the room as he shovelled scrambled eggs onto his plate. Jongup’s ears went red and he sat down, rubbing the back of his neck, next to me.

I leaned over, placing my lips against his ear. “Happy birthday” I whispered. I felt his cheek move as he smiled when I kissed his cheek.

After breakfast, Daehyun and Youngjae cleaned up. Jongup was dressed first and sat on the couch next to me. As we planned the day, Himchan burst from their room. He danced out, hairbrush to his mouth like a microphone. “Don't need candles and cake, just need your body to make Birthday , birthday , birthday , birthday .” Before dancing his way into the bathroom he flashed a smile at Jongup and winked at me. Yongguk stepped out of the bathroom, chuckling after hearing Himchan and seeing our bright red faces.

Soon I could hear him over the hair dryer. “Wake up in the late night, been dreamin' about your lovin'…” There were several attempts at stifled chuckles.

After a minute of styling his hair, still singing, he stepped out. Finishing with a bow he was grinning from ear to ear. “I’m ready.”

With that everyone finished up and we spent the day celebrating.