Ch 1

Not Fated

 

Aaron's POV

'How did you find the paper?'Gillian asked.

'It was okay.You?'Charlene replied.

'It was hard!'Gillian whined.

'What did you think of it?'Gillian asked Calvin,holding onto his arm.

''I gave up on it!' Calvin exclaimed in exasperation.

 'You?'he asked,looking at me.

'It was okay,'I replied.

'Smarty pants!,'Calvin teased.

I looked at Charlene and rolled my eyes at Calvin's teasing.She giggled and made a funny face at Calvin's back causing me to burst out laughing. Haha,that was cute.

-----------------------------------------------------

The next day,Miss Chen gave out our papers to the class.'I marked this until 2 a.m. yesterday and I must say,I am quite disappointed by your results,'Miss Chen said.'The highest score for this paper is 45/50 and is tied by two people-Charlene and Aaron!'Screams and clapping could be heard throughout the class.I looked at Charlene and gave her a thumbs-up.She smiled a full and warm smile and gave me a thumbs-up in return.

'Unfortunately...' Miss Chen's voice strained to be heard above all the din. 'There were quite a number of failures.' The class immediately quietened down and the class sank into a 'depression' upon hearing this. 'I hope all of you will learn from your mistakes and improve in the near future.Okay? 'Miss Chen finished.

'Woah.Aaron,You have competition now,' Calvin said after class,referring to Charlene. 

'What do you mean?' I asked,curious.

'Awww! You know! You have always topped  the class for everything since primary school. Now there is finally someone of your standard. Competition!' he declared gleefully.

I smiled to myself.Calvin could be a bit silly sometimes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pls comment.I would appreciate it a lot.