chapter 9, my new life.

오랜만이야 (Long Time No See)

-------------- c h a p t e r 9 - my new life

⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ♥ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱

Soojin.

I sighed. It's almost Christmas. And yet again, I'll have to celebrate it without my family, friends... Kai... Stop thinking about him, Soojin! I held my head in frustration. I really wanted to stop thinking about Kai, for once. But somehow I couldn't.

"Soojin?" Chen asked. I looked up to see Chen staring worriedly at me. "Are you alright?" I nodded and put down the bulgogi I was eating.

"Yeah, just a little bit... tired from the car-ride..." I replied. We were quiet for almost five minutes till Chen looked up at me again.

"Do you want to go to the Christmas Festival with me?" he spoke. I was quite shocked. I was never asked out to any kind of festival. And here is Chen, asking me if I would like to go to the Christmas Festival with him. "You don't have to say yes, I would understand," he said quietly and looked down. I kinda felt bad for him.

"Sure, why not?" I answered with a smile. I should do fun things, instead of thinking about him. Chen smiled with delight.

"Great! I'm already excited about it!" Chen said and ate from the bulgogi. I chuckled a bit and also took a bite from my food.

"So... Is this some kind of... date?" I asked slowly. I wasn't used to that word. I wasn't used to dating at all, actually. Chen stopped eating and nodded.

"Even though we just met for two hours, I really would like to hang out with you since... yeah. I've grown a liking to you," he stated. I blushed slightly. It was my first date, though I even promised to myself to date him.

⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ♥ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱

"I had a fun time with you, Soo," said Chen, having made up a nickname for me. "I think I'll see you later at the organization?" he asked and tilted his head. I thought for a moment and then nodded.

"D.O and Luhan will probably scold at me for being late..." I said while looking at the time. It was already 5 PM, and I promised to D.O and Luhan to be back before 3 PM. I don't care though. Chen chuckled and flashed a smile again.

"Don't worry, I'll tell them to not get mad, okay?" he said and stood up from the bench we were sitting on. "Bye, Soo~" he waved and then walked off. I stared at his back before he was out of sight. I then decided to head back home. I think D.O and Luhan are worried, especially Luhan. When on my way to home, I felt someone staring at me the whole time. I could hear faint footsteps, even though they were far away. Everytime I turned around, the footsteps would stop. I began to walk even faster, noticing how the footsteps got faster as well. I spotted a small corridor, and walked into it. Just then, I felt a hand grasp my shoulder. The person put a hand on my mouth to stop me from yelling.

"You have the diamond, haven't you?" the guy began. For some reason, he was incredibly handsome. He had a cold gaze, but still, he was handsome. I said nothing. "Give me an answer," he growled. I rolled my eyes at this. How could I give a proper answer when he has his hand on my mouth? He put both of his hands beside my head, leaning against the wall. "Listen, you little one. You better tell me you have the diamond, or else bad things are going to happen,"

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about," I replied and glared back at him. He leaned closer, almost touching my lips. What was he trying to do?

"Do you even know something about the diamond?" he asked, softening his voice just a bit. I stared back at him before giving answer.

"What if I do? What if I'm part of all this mess?" I smirked. I knew I was pissing him off. "What if... I'm the carrier of the diamond itself?" he slammed his hands against the wall.

"Tell me!" he yelled. I chuckled and shook my head. The lampost , and I could clearly see his face. I was a bit shocked though because I recognized him as the leader of P.H.O.E.N.I.X, the organization we're fighting. His name was Wu Yifan, but mostly known as Kris. Many girls swooned over his cold personality and his cold gaze on people. That's why I found him handsome, but I wouldn't give in that easily.

"You better stop it," told a voice. We turned our heads to see a guy I saw earlier at the organization. Baekhyun. "This lady hasn't done anything at all," Baekhyun said, and walked up to us. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me away from Kris.

"Don't involve yourself into this, puppy," Kris spat. Baekhyun smirked at Kris and raised his eyebrow.

"And what if I do, the guy who cried when he saw he got his first award on high school?" Baekhyun asked. Kris said nothing, he looked defeated for a moment.

"Look out what you say to me, Byun. You'll get a lot of trouble for this," he growled again. Baekhyun laughed at him.

"Ha! You're saying that to me? You better say that to Tao," Baekhyun . Tao was one of Kris' most precious members of P.H.O.E.N.I.X, if he got hurt, he would help him. But if Tao did something wrong, then Kris would probably kill his mother, the last member, besides him, left from the Huang family.

"What has Tao done?" Kris asked, lowering his voice. He tightened his fists, his nails digging into his palms.

"Not gonna tell you~" teased Baekhyun again, and sticked his tongue at him. Kris walked up to him to give him a punch, but I wouldn't let him. I came up to him instead, and kicked him in his stomach. "Whoah, you're so cool, Soojin!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he watched Kris fall to the ground. Kris grabbed his stomach, and groaned from the pain.

"I'll get you for this, novice one," Kris groaned. I raised an eyebrow at this.

"Don't you know that I've been in the organization for two years already? And, I'm one of the most respected spies in the Black Pearl, so you can't call me novice now," I told him. I grabbed Baekhyun's hand and ran away. "How did you find me, actually?" I asked him when I saw we were safe.

"I was just walking around," said Baekhyun nervously. I noticed that he was lying, so I stared at him for 10 seconds. "Okay, okay... Aish. D.O and Luhan told me to look for you," Baekhyun spoke. Ah, that explained why Baekhyun was there. "Lucky for you, I just got at the right time, or else Kris would've taken something from you..." he said. I tilted my head confused.

"What would he have taken?" I asked. Baekhyun scratched the back of his head.

"Eh... Your v-ity..." he said quietly. I widened my eyes and gasped. He would've taken my ity away if I didn't tell him about the diamond? I noticed how Baekhyun was shy when talking about such things. I though it was rather cute.

"Aw, you're blushing!" I exclaimed and giggled while pointing at him. Baekhyun looked back at me, shock written all over hiss face.

"I-I'm not!" he said back. I smiled, already enjoying my new life.

⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ♥ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱

 memorychains lonely corner  ------------

hello! i'm sorry for not updating in a while ;A; i've been kinda busy with a lot of things, well eh.. with someone. c: but i don't mind, i like spending time with that someone~

oooooooh, what's p.h.o.e.n.i.x and black pearl? :D i really like surprising you with all kind of different things, you know. i'll put it up at the foreword for some of you guys c: hope you enjoyed this chapter though! :D bye bye~