Chapter 2 - piggyback ride punishment

{Hiatus}Desperation at its Finest.

Lee Donghae POV:

after reading a couple chapters in my current book, I head over to my locker to get a couple books for my next period class. 
 
Oh-- A letter..? 
 
I cautiously reach down to examine the cutely decorated yellow envelope. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
No Ones POV:
 
You and your friends, Min Ah and Joo Ri. are seated on the schools leather sofa, while all the other students join around the score board to examine their test results and rankings. 
 
"have you came in contact with him yet?" Joo Ri asks you while flipping through one of her favorite beauty magazines. "Did you write your name on it?" 
 
You lean your head on the edge of the sofa and simply nod, "ne.." 
 
"Did you leave him your hand phone number..?"
"mhm.." You respond numbly, "but it feels like he won't ever call me, right?" 
 
Joo Ri dismisses the conversation for a while and continues reading through the magazine giving Min Ah to have her say on the conversation topic.
 
"Maybe.. he hasn't seen it yet?" Min Ah suggests,"oh..?" 
 
You all turn your heads over and see no other than Lee Donghae strolling cooly down the hallway with a squad of girls swooning after every move. You get nervous and keep feeling your heart beat so hard it might exit your chest. 
"wah, he's coming towards us~!!" Joo Ri exclaims
 
You jolt back into the seat and swallow hard, "What do I do?!" You say quietly
 
"I think he's seen it, it's all up to you now"Joo Ri states, causing you to take a second look..You see Lee Donghae still walking and you make contact with his unpleasant and cold stare. You pout and slouch back into the sofa. Your two friends stare at disbelief and start with their usual tricks. 
 
"Maybe he didn't see the letter yet..?" Joo Ri says 
"Or-- maybe he just didn't see Hye Mi just now?" Min Ah replies reluctantly 
 
"Hye Mi-Ah~ Kim Hye Mi~!!" Joo Ri yells out at the top of her lungs. You spring up and cover as best as you can, but it's no use. Donghae spins around and stares at you three with his cold, unwelcoming stare causing you to shift your back towards him. 
 
"Hye Mi, Kim Hye Mi!" Both of your friends are now exclaiming and all eyes are trained on the sight of you three, you can only blush furiously and bite at your bottom lip constantly.
 
"He just walked away like that.." Joo Ri says disappointedly and Min Ah lifts her face up from the comic book she used to cover her face with to avoid embarrassment and before you know it, she starts screaming out your name as well. 
 
"Enough! Stop shouting~!" You say sadly.
 
"Kim Hye Mi..?" 
 
You spin around to find where the voice came from, then you see him, At the top of the stair balcony staring down on you. 
 
"Are you Kim Hye Mi?" Donghae asks seriously.
You bite your lip and can only manage to let out a small head nod. He turns and makes his way back down the stairs to where you are. You feel your body tense up and your heart begin to beat quicker than ever..
 
"He's Coming! he's coming down here!" Joo Ri exclaims quietly under her breath. 
 
"Hi Oppa~" Jang Mi exclaims cutely when she sees Donghae making his way down the stairs. He swiftly turns and disregards her completely 
 
Your eyes widen once you realize he's right there.. Right in front of you. He reaches into his side pocket of his perfect black uniform pants and pulls out your love letter, and he extends it out to you. You let yourself glance up at him with a confused look. 
 
You reach out for the letter and say, " I never thought you would reply to my letter.. Thank You" You glance over at your friends with a grin on your face. And you take a breath before beginning again. 
 
"Do I read it now..? Here?"
 
Without a word he simply nods and you go to open up the letter. With a smile on your face you open up all the folds.. but your smile disappears almost instantly. 
 
Jang Mi yanks the letter from your hands and begins to examine it herself
 
"Yah. Hong Jang Mi, give it back!" Joo Ri Yells 
"what's this?! You wrote a love letter to Donghae oppa?" Jang Mi laughs "What's this?! Omo, he corrected the wrong words! this isn't a letter, looks more like a exam script." But despite Joo Ri and Min Ah's attempt to get her to stop. "Look, he gave her a score too. D.. D minus!" Jang Mi shouts laughing her head off. 
 
You could only bite your lip and stare at the ground containing your tears from falling for everyone to see. While you are being mocked and made fun of, all you can do is try not to cry. 
 
"What are you doing!?" A guy yells furiously from the top of the stairs, Baek Joong Gu, he yanks the paper from Jang Mi and kills her with his hateful stares.
 
"It's a pity it turned out like this, but--" Donghae begins emotionlessly 
"But?!"Min Ah says
"I hate stupid women the most" Donghae continues staring into your eyes in disgust.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You run laps around the school as much as you can in hopes of making the embarrassment and hurt you're feeling. With each step you get weaker and weaker causing you to stumble several times.
 
"Stop Running~!" Joo Ri pleads 
 
but it's no use, this is the only thing that helps you numb the pain slightly. You convince your friends to let you do at least 2 more laps between your breaths. And before they agree you take off once again.
 
"What is she doing?! Is she trying to take part in a marathon?" Joo Ri says sadly to Min Ah.
 
"You know Hye Mi likes running.. and I'm pretty sure she's just hurting right now.. give her time" Min Ah replies
sympathetically.
 
♫♪ Kim Hyun Joong-One More TIme♪♫
 
Your feet can't seem to support you to go any farther, you stumble and fall to the ground with your hands landing on the pavement to catch your fall. 
"I'll keep going, even if I have to crawl.." You say to yourself breathlessly. 
 
As you struggle to get up a hand reaches out to you.. Min Ah, with a smile on her face. 
 
"me too~" Joo Ri says playfully, "Kaja~ last round" 
-------------------------------------------------------------
Kim Hye Mi POV:
 
"Hye Mi- Ah~ how's the second story? I know how much you love second stories" Appa exclaims excitedly to me,
 
"Good" I reply coldly.
 
"Omo~!" Appa exclaims
"Look what I found" as he pulls out the hand stone my mom made.. I get up and set it on the counter with a smile. 
 
*ding ding ding ding~* 
 
"Were here and hungry~!" Joo Ri, Min Ah and Joong Gu exclaim through video camera.
 
Appa prepares a bunch of dishes and we are seated at the table, eating away. 
"I will start eating now~!" 
 
after some discussion about noodles and how the name of the shop was determined. Joong Gu slams his head into the wall and it makes a awkward sound
 
"Yah~ Baek Joong Gu.. are you planning to destroy my house?" I say sarcastically,
 
"Hye Mi what are you saying, our house is very strong!" Appa replies confidently.
 
*crack* *screeeeech* 
 
We all state at the ceiling and she it cracking about to shower us in roofing pieces. 
 
"What is that?!" 
 
"Is this an earthquake?" 
 
"Earthquake?!" I exclaim as my eyes widen "Appa! what are we going to do now?!"
 
"Don't worry Hye Mi~ everything will be fine. this house is nice strong and safe~ 
 
That's it. things start breaking and falling down on us and I run to save the stone, when I feel a pair of arms enclose around me. Baek Joong Gu. 
------------------------------------------------------------------
No Ones POV:
 
Everyone manages to escape and the news reporter start to arrive. 
 
"No My dad is still inside!!" You scream out as some officers try taking you away from the scene.
but you spot him, Under the coffee table. You run full speed towards your dad
 
"Appa! what were you doing?!" You scream. He embraces you an you two jump around in each others arms.
 
"Looking at the current situation so one seems seriously injured." The news reporter broadcasts on live television in all of Seoul. 
Lee Soo Chang feels his eyes widen at the sight of the man on the screen, Kim Gi Dong! 
"Kim Gi Dong?!" Soo Chang exclaims to his wife.
 
You are still embracing your father fully when he glances at the other houses with confusion. 
"what is this? how come only our house collapsed?!" he says baffled
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"It's her, it's her!" Kids exclaim while pointing at you while laughing.
 
"What?!" Joo Ri says defensively.
 
The kids simply run away laughing like nothing happened. You frown and rest your head on Min Ah's bony shoulder. 
 
"But-- are you staying in a hotel as of now?" Joo Ri asks
 
"Yeah.. " you say sadly
 
" It will be so expensive.." Joo Ri exclaims
 
"Not really.. Well be living in my father's friend's house.. at least until we can buy or build a house of our own again.." you reply trying to keep the situation a bit more happier. 
 
"Really?! Congratulations Hye Mi-Ah!" Your two friends exclaim happily. 
 
Once again groups of students start gossiping about you right in front of your eyes, causing Joo Ri to fight them off again. Joo Ri's faces hardens when she spot a woman taking pictures. 
 
"Aigoo!! what's that?! she's taking pictures now too?!" she yells with anger. 
 
"Kaja~" Min Ah suggests, and all three of you begin walking towards the school. 
 
"Please Share your love and hope, everyone!"
 
"What's that? What is he trying to do?" Joo Ri says to us and motions to Baek Joong Gu speaking into a megaphone. 
 
"I believe everyone knows after watching the news..Due to the unexpected earthquake, she lost her home." He continues, "Third year, Class 7 student. Kim Hye Mi~!" 
 
"What is he trying to do?!omo.." You scream out. 
 
"a Love donation?!" Min Ah announces to you  quietly. You all cover your faces with your hands and attempt to walk the other way.
 
"Oh~! Hye Mi! Kim Hye Mi-Ah~!" Joong Gu exclaims to everyone one you and your friends are spotted. He grabs you by the backpack and shows you to everyone in the crowd. "Please give a round of applause!" He says again. 
 
Once you cling onto the pole with dear life you spot him, Lee Donghae about to pass through the whole scene. You clench your teeth and pray for it all to go smoothly..too late.
 
"Hey, You over there! Show a little kindness Lee Donghae." Joong Gu says seriously. The crowd makes way and a perfect path is in front of Donghae. 
 
"Whose fault is it that our Hye Mi, is suffering right now?" Joong Gu continues. " How can you walk away just like that?" 
 
"Wasn't it just a mild earthquake ..?" Donghae replies impatiently. 
 
"However, she still lost her home!" Joong Gu replies sheepishly. 
 
"Fine, as long as I give money right?" Donghae says cooly. 
 
He reaches into his wallet and brings out more than 30000 won, and is about to place it into the boxes but you cant take it no more. 
 
"Stop It!" You shout as you walk towards him with hate in your eyes, "who wants your money? Even if I have to beg for food under a bridge, I won't accept your help." 
 
"Is that so? Fine, do as you wish" He replies emotionlessly an places the money into his wallet, he turns to walk away but you stop him. 
 
"Yah Lee Donghae!" you scream out," Who do you think you are, looking down on people? in your eyes, the people here are all idiots, isn't that right?" "Are you that perfect? the fact you have a high IQ and the fact you are so studious? Just because you have a handsome face and a tall build?!" You bite your tongue when your insult has turned into a ridiculous compliment. "what's so great about being perfect?!" 
 
"I don't do well because I don't study! not because I can't do it!" You continue on
 
"Is that so?" Donghae says 
 
"Yes! "
 
"Then show me" 
 
"What?" You ask confused. he simply nods
 
"Fine, I'll show you! Let it be this mock examination, how about that?" You answer confidently making everyone gasp
 
"How much?"Donghae says as he lets out a breath. 
 
You think back to what Donghae said before about the special study hall, and you decide what you want to do. 
 
"This months study hall?" Donghae laughs. 
 
"Yes! the great study hall-- this month. I will get into it." You reply and you see Donghae grinning at you mockingly. "Are you laughing at me again?!" "What is I do make it, what will you do if I make it?!" 
 
"If you can do it, I will carry you on my back around the once." He replies confidently and you try not to scream with happiness. 
 
"Okay, I'll wait for that.." you respond coldly. 
 
He nods and the two of you smirk at each other. 
 
Lee Donghae, get ready to carry me! 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------