Strange dream

Do you remember?

 

[Journal entry 31.july.2010]

 

I was discharged earlier than everyone thought. The doctors were also surprised by my quick recovery. Even I can’t believe it myself. However ever since that incident happened I’ve been getting strange dreams lately. The same girl appears in my dreams almost every night. It’s weird; she seems very familiar yet I can’t remember her. Maybe it’s because I can’t really see her face very well in the dream. What’s weirder is every time I wake up from that dream; I find my face wet with tears and sweat. Was she someone important to me? Aside from that, there’s another image that keeps hunting me in my dreams, Images of the accident, and an image of Luhan right before the fire separated us. He was trying to tell me something, I saw he’s lips moving but I couldn’t hear him. What was he trying to tell me?

 

 

These days after school, I would go straight to the hospital to visit Luhan and see how’s he doing. This whole time he’s been in a coma. Until now he didn’t wake up yet. I’m not sure how long it will take for him to wake up, but one thing’s for sure. I’ll stay by he’s side until that day comes.

 

As I entered Luhan’s room, I saw a familiar figure sitting beside Luhan’s bed reading to him a story as usual.

 

“Oh, Sehun-ah. You’re here, How’s Luhan doing?” I asked the younger boy.

“Still sleeping like a baby.” He giggled, but he’s eyes were filled with worry.

“Hey don’t worry, he’ll wake up soon.” I patted he’s shoulders.

“Yeah.” He nodded he’s head.

Sehun continued reading the story, and after listening for a while I finally asked what I was curious about.

 

“Hey Sehun, your reading Lilo and stitch right?”

 

“Oh? Ah, yeah. You’re curious why I’m reading this to him aren’t you?” He asked, with a grin.

 

“Too obvious? Hehehe.” I smiled awkwardly.

 

“I first met Luhan hyung when we were in middle school, even though he was already thirteen, he always carried this book around with him. So one day I asked him why he always has it. ‘Sehun-ah did you know that this book is very special?’ he told me, and when I asked him why? He said: ‘Because it shows the strength of love and friendship’”. Sehun’s eyes started to water, and so did mine.

 

“He always had his way with words. Cham!” he wiped he’s eyes dry.

 

“Did you eat lunch yet? I brought spaghetti kimchi.” I started to change the subject. I told Sehun to leave first since he looked really tired and haven’t had enough rest, while I stayed a little bit more to watch over Luhan.

 

“Luhan, Sehun’s really worried about you. You know?”

 

I placed my hands beside Luhans’ and rested my head on them. It didn’t take long for me to drift off.

 

“Agassi! Agassi! Visiting hours is over. You should go home and rest.” The nurse woke me up.

“Huh? What time is it?” I asked.

“It’s already 8:30 dear. You must really like this friend of yours. Don’t worry dear he’ll get well soon. Ok? No need to cry anymore.” She said while patting my shoulders, and then she left.

Was I crying in my sleep again?

 

 

 

[Journal entry 02.august.2010]

 

I’m on the bus now on the way home. It’s already late;

I kind of over slept in the hospital. I dreamt about her again, that girl. In my dream she looked very sad, she was crying. Her hair was a mess and was covering half of her face. Her dress was ruined as well. In the dream I tried to approach her and talk to her, but I was pulled away suddenly. And just like that I woke up. The same dream keeps on repeating itself, as if trying to tease me. I keep wondering who she is, and until now…I haven’t found my answer.