16

The First Wife.

 

“It’s hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but it’s even harder to give up when you know it’s everything you want.”

 

Tiffany paced back and forth and occasionally glanced at her phone which was lying on top of the coffee table. She ran her hands through her hair, frustration bit her every nerve as she waited for Kris to call back. It’s been five hours since they last talked to each other and two hours since she last left a message saying she wants him to pick her up. Tiffany was growing impatient by the second, she didn’t want to call Kris reason being, she has too much pride and she didn’t want to appear desperate.

‘You are desperate.’ Her unconscious tells her. She pushed the thought at the back of her mind and shook her head, getting her phone and dialing Kris’ number. It rang once, it rang again.

No answer.

It rang the third time and Tiffany starts clenching her fist and biting her lower lip as she let out a growl of frustration.

“Yoboseyo?” It wasn’t Kris. She pulled the phone away from her ear to check if she dialed the right number. She did. Then she realized. It was Eun Hee.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Tiffany? Is this you?” Eun Hee asked bemused. ‘Why would Tiffany call Kris?’ Eun Hee thought, forgetting about the night before. Tiffany quickly thought of an excuse. While everyone in the room with Eun Hee frowned except Kris who excused himself to go to the restroom.

“Eun Hee! Yep! This is me! I just wanted to thank Kris for giving me advice last night.” Tiffany spoke with fake sincerity.

“Omo! Speaking about last night, since when did you have a boyfriend? And since when were you suicidal? Okay wait. Never mind that. It’s all over now. But are you okay now?” She said in one breath, annoying Tiffany who was rolling her eyes.

“Yes dear I’m fine now. Just please send Kris-

“Tiffany.” Kris said with cold civility, cutting her off. Eun Hee pouted and glared cutely at Kris who smirked and patted her head when he stole the phone from her.

“Oh! My baby! You’re back! Did you receive my message?” Tiffany asked. She moved toward her L-shaped couch and sat down, making herself comfortable.

“Yes.” He answered and cautiously glanced at Eun Hee talking to Xiu Min and Lay while he ignored the heated stares of Tao, Chen and Lu Han.

“What’s with the mono- syllabic answers? Yah! answer me properly!” Tiffany demanded completely loosing her patience.

With out giving her an answer, Kris ended the call and sent her a quick text.

To: Tiffany

Fr: Kris

I’m with Eun Hee. I don’t want her

Curious.

Kris hit the send button and looked up from his phone only to find Eun Hee talking animatedly about something. He went on the bed and crawled towards Eun Hee’s back and bent down to her ear level and whispered.

“I’m going to make breakfast. I’ll buy ingredients then I’ll be back arasso?”

“Can I come?” Kris stared at Eun Hee before he answered.

“No.”

“Why can’t I?” She asked pouting as Tao smirked and came to the rescue.

“Eun Hee, you should understand.” Tao started to explain and crossed his arms. “We men like making breakfast for our wives and we want it as a surprise. I’m pretty sure Kris hyung is one of those men. Right hyung?” Tao glanced towards Kris.

“Yes. That is why you have to stay. I’ll be going now.” He leaned down and planted a soft kiss on her lips. He stood up straight and noticed the scowl on Lay’s face and ignored it completely. Kris was starting to realize how big of a mistake it was to stick with Tiffany. His friends hate him and would barely speak to him.

 

Tiffany sat inside the restaurant and ordered the soup she was craving for, glancing around as she waited for Kris’ arrival.

“Will that be all ma’am?” The waiter asked giving her a polite smile. Tiffany glanced at his name plate and gave him a flirtatious smile before answering.

“Yes. Thank you Tae min.” The waiter bowed and gave her a weird look, thinking she was crazy.

“Tiffany.” Kris said, pulling the chair out from under the table.

“Bab-“

“Tiffany I want to break up.” Kris impeded, giving her a cold hard stare.

Tiffany stared back at Kris, her jaw slack. She never imagined this day would happen and if she did she imagined she would be the one saying the famous line.

“What?” She asked as the news sunk in. Kris sat there waiting for her reaction, waiting for her to give him a well deserved slap. But Tiffany does nothing of the sort.

“Do you love me? Did you love me?” Tiffany asked, closing her eyes. She felt tears brim at the corner of her eyes. Not because her heart literally broke for the loss of Kris. But because she was thinking about it being the end of the month and she has to start paying her bills.

“I think it was never love Tiff. No- I know it was never love. I was merely infatuated.”

“Kris! You’ve known me for years! You’ve known Eun Hee for what? Months! How can you say that you love her?” Tiffany asked outraged. She didn’t scream but whispered it, not wanting to gain the attention and be labeled as the poor broken hearted girl.

“Tiffany, if I didn’t love her, would I leave you? Yes. I know it’s only been months but I love her. I don’t know why- I don’t know how. I just do.” He rebuked, taking her hand that was resting on the table in his.

“Please understand. If you want to slap me go ahead. I’ve been a jerk anyway but I just can’t lie to myself anymore.”

“No.” She said in a low voice which Kris was unable to hear.

“Pardon?”

“No Kris! You are mine and mine alone! Just you watch me!” With that, Tiffany exited the restaurant and ran towards her apartment. Kris sat back on his seat and pulled his hoodie over his head, hoping it would avoid the stares of the few people who were in the restaurant. Taemin came back with a bowl of hot delicious looking food but was bemused to find another costumer sitting on the table.

“Did she order that?” Taemin nodded. Kris glanced at his watch and decided since it was lunch, he might as well order food for them- also, he remembered her can’t cook for the life of him.

“Pack that up and add 3 servings Chicken Fricassee, Beef Bourguignon, Salmon en Papillote and some rice.” Taemin nods and mentally noted each order.

“Ah! Make that four servings each.” Kris corrects remembering how his friends eat.

5 minutes later, Taemin emerged with two plastic bags in his hands and handed them to Kris who was shocked.

“Well, that was quick.” Kris commented handing him money which included a very generous tip.

“We aim to please.” Taemin said giving him a bow.

“Keep the change.”

“Kamsahabnida!”

 

“So… you cooked all these?” Eun Hee asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, in my dreams I did.” Kris replied giving her a smile. Eun Hee rolled her eyes and kissed Kris on the cheek as she sat beside him, followed by the others who were staring hungrily at the food.

“Food!” Lay screamed and automatically started digging in making Eun Hee laugh.

After lunch, it started to rain hard. Eun Hee glanced outside the French window of the game room, where they played pool.

“Oppa! Let’s go under the rain!” She suggested jumping up and down.

“No.” The six of them said together.

“Why????” She pouted, looking longingly at the rain.

“You’ll get sick.” Tao rebuked and remembered the last time he saw Eun hee sick was when he was about 6 and scared for her life to the point where he cried.

“Try to stop me.” She muttered and ran as fast she could out of the large room, throwing her stick on the ground as she did.

“Gotcha.” Kris whispered, tightening his arms around her waist as he caught up. Tao’s smile faded when he realized he reacted too late. He turned away from the scene walked over to where the X-box was found and started playing. This didn’t go unnoticed by Lu Han and Chen.

“Yah! If you lose! You buy me a new car!” Chen said, getting the other stick and giving his other friends a look.

Tao smirked.

“You’re on!”  

“Winner vs. next player!” Lu Han cheers and earned Eun Hee attention.

“I wanna play too!” Eun Hee screamed walking towards them, Kris’ hands still around her waist.

“Do you even know how to play?” Kris asked planting a kiss on her head.

“No.” She shook her head, making everyone in the room laugh.

“Go Tao!” She screamed, making Tao’s lips quirk up.

“YAH!” Chen turned to her with a scowl.

“Sorry I’m biased. Go Tao Oppa!!!” She cheered again. Adding the Oppa made Tao smile all the way. Kris frowned surreptitiously and tightened his hold on his wife.

“Saranghe.” He whispered truly meaning it.

“Nado saranghe.” She answered feeling her heart do little flutters and her stomach twisting in way she’s not used to. She leaned back against Kris grinned. She was finally in the arms of the man she fell for.

‘Nothing can ruin this.’ She thought as she started cheering for Tao, who was winning.

 

“Yoboseyo?” Tiffany answered her phone, not looking at the caller I.D.

“Is this Ms. Tiffany Hwang?” The man on the other line asked.

“Yes.”

“Ms. I’m calling to remind you about your credit card payment. We’ve extended it a week for you and you committed to pay.” The man said with a stern voice.

“Yes, I’ll get to that right away, It must’ve slipped out my mind. Thanks for reminding!” Tiffany hung up and threw the phone across her apartment. With shaking hands, she poured herself another drink and thought of a way to persuade Eun Hee to give her 7,000,000 won. And if all else fails, she will have to start thinking about a plan to get Kris back.   

 

 

 

OKAY... MY LAPTOP CRASHED...AGAIN... SORRY ABOUT THAT! I COULDN'T TYPE WITH MY PHONE... TOO COMPLICATED. :) SO HERE'S ANOTHER CHPTER. IDK IF WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IS OBVIOUS TO YOU... I HOPE NOT... :) ANYWAY! HOPE YOU ENJOYED! 

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)