1

The First Wife.

"No one is perfect. If you think you're perfect, you're no one to me."

 

"Kris, the Choi family will be here- YAH! why in the world aren't you changed yet!?" Hae Jung scolded, making her way towards her son's huge room.

"Oh, I didn't notice." Kris answers non chalantly, continuing his game.

"Kris, if you don't change right now, I will tell your father-"

"I'm turning it off! I'm turning it off!" Kris said hurriedly, saving his game and shutting it off. 

"That's what I thought." Hae Jung smirked leaving Kris grumbling to himself. 

Kris stared after his mother, silently seething. He hated how he loved the family business, He hated how it is his dream to run the business empire. Somehow he found interest and comfort in all the work and accounting involved. He loves making deals and trying to persuade the possible client. He loves giving presentations and how his father would give him a proud smile. What Kris didn't consider is the fact that his father is running a business that needs deals and investments to expand. That emotions aren't important at all.  Kris sighed and composed himself.

"Might as well meet her." Kris grumbled, making his way to his huge walk in cabinet.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Eun Hee stared at her reflection for what seemed like hours. Her mother chose for her a white elegant, backless dress that falls just above her knees. Her white pumps making her legs looks like they run for miles and miles. Her hair was in a perfect bun and her face flawless. She looked beautiful but somehow she wasn't contented. She received all the good genes from both her parents and everyone compliments her for them but she never believed them, because she can never get the attention of the one boy she likes. 

Eun Hee sighed and tried to force a smile on her lips. She wanted to cry, to break down and just run away but she knows it would devastate her family. Not because they love her but because a business deal would be broken. 

"Eun Hee are you ready?" Hana asked, entering her room, wearing a long sleeved royal blue body hugging dress that stops just below her knees, paired with black pump stilettos. Eun Hee looks like the exact replica of her mother other than the fact that she inherited her father's big round hazel eyes and pointed nose. Eun Hee never understood why her father never fell in love with  her mother. Hana is beautiful, intelligent and strong; a little stuck up but that's just the way she was brought up.

"Eun Hee I'm talking to you." Hana said, giving Eun Hee a hard stare.

"Mianhe, yes I'm ready." Eun Hee answered giving her mother a nervous smile and for the first time, her mother returned it.

"Don't be nervous, I met him and like your father said, he's a great man." Hana supplied, pulling her daughter along with her.

"Okay." 

 

The ride towards the Wu's residence was tense. Well, for Eun Hee it was. She was nervously playing with her fingers wringing them together again and again, interlacing them together then drumming on her lap. She was a nervous wreck and it pissed her mother off.

"Eun Hee you stop that habit of yours right now." 

"Mianhe." 

"She's just nervous." Her father said.

"It's never safe to show you're nervous. It makes everyone think they can step on you." Hana stated strictly before completely ignoring them.

Minutes after an uncomfortable silence, the driver announced their arrival.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Mr. Choi, Mrs. Choi! It's nice to see you again!" Hyo greeted, welcoming the Choi's into their home. Kris rolled his eyes still clearly frustrated and pissed. 

"Oh stop with the formalities! Just call me Hana and my husband Jae Hwan." Hana answered, accepting Hyo's outstretched hand.

"Right! of course! we are going to be in laws after all!" Hae Jung exclaimed giving her future in laws a big smile.

"Oh, this is our daughter Eun Hee, Eun Hee meet Mr. and Mrs. Wu." Jae Hwan introduced. Kris's ears immediately perked at the sound of Eun Hee's name. He's never seen her in person. He's heard a lot about her and knows that they go to the same school but somehow their schedules never allowed them to run into each other. 

Eun Hee stepped forward and gave them a smile. Her eyes glancing from Hae Jung to Hyo and finally flickered towards Kris. Without wasting time further, Kris stepped forward and his hand out towards Eun Hee.

"I'm Kris your future husband."

'This should be fun.' He thought, giving her a smile that he was sure would melt her, sadly, it didn't.

"I'm Eun Hee your future wife, it's nice to meet you." Eun Hee replied, giving Kris a dashing smile. He just stared at her face, taken aback by her smile. as Eun Hee accepted his pre- offered hand and shook it firmly. Just like a business deal.

"It seems like you're going to go along just fine." Hyo commented, noticing how Kris who usually has something to say suddenly turned silent.

"So shall we have dinner?" Hae Jung suggested, leading them towards a grand dinning hall.

"Oh, you two will be in another room. It would be best if you get to know each other." Hae Jung added, giving them a mischievous smile.

"Okay." Eun Hee answered civilly as she followed a maid who lead them to a separate hall.

Kris just stared at Eun Hee's retreating figure wondering what the hell just happened. He was expecting their meeting to be full of smart- comments and bad words thrown towards each other. But Eun Hee seems to be taking the engagement well.

'Unless she's faking.' Kris thought and concluded. 'Yup she's faking.'

Kris smirked and went to catch up with Eun Hee and decided to take the maid's place.

"I know where to go, I think you won't be necessary anymore." Kris informed the maid who blushed when Kris gave her the same smile he gave Eun Hee just a few minutes ago. 

"De." Eun Hee rolled her eyes at the obvious player moves and continued to walk forwards.

"Hey, future wife, we're supposed to turn right." Kris informed, trying to hold back a smile.

"Oh." Eun Hee answered, feeling embarassed but made it a goal to mask her face from any emotion. As she turned right and waited for Kris to take the lead, Kris was slowly starting to get pissed towards her.

'Trying to act cool eh? That's not going to work on me.' Kris thought, silently accepting a challenge she never gave.

"Okay, drop the act, we're alone now." Kris deadpanned, the minute they got inside a room where two tables, obe fornthe food and one for them, were prepared in the center.  

"What act?" 

"That act. Like you don't care. I'm sure you don't want this either." Kris stated frankly, turning to face her fully.

"Of course I don't but it's what my parents want." Eun Hee answered, trying not to let her emotions get a hold of her.

"So you are miss perfect." Kris muttered.

"I don't care what you call me, I just see this as respecting my parent's decisions. If you want to cancel this engagement, tell your parents and get disowned, I don't care." Eun Hee said stating what might happen.

"Ha! do you actually think I would cancel this engagement? They threatened me just to go to this dinner! How much more when I say I don't want to marry you! you know what? okay let's come to an agreement, you tell your parent's you hate me and cancel the engagement, that way I won't get disowned and-"

"I would get disowned if that's the case and I would never do anything to disobey my parents." Eun Hee stated. 

"Well your life as my wife will be hell." Kris growled.

"Then I will learn to adapt." Eun Hee answered, giving him a tight lipped smile and walked out. She didn't know where she was headed but she went straight into a balcony. She got her phone out of the unnoticeable pocket of her dress and called her best friend but no one would answer so she decided to text her.

 

To: Tiffany

Fr: Eun Hee

Dude! he's friggin ahhhh!!!!! 

I  hate this ! answer your phoneeeee!!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Inside the room, where Kris was left, he took his phone out the second Eun Hee stormed out and called his girlfriend.

'Yoboseyo?'

'I'm marrying her.' Kris said, his voice filled with regret.

'That ! why don't you tell her to cancel the engagement!?' She screeched.

'I tried. Don't worry I'll do my best.' Kris assured.

'Kris! you are an engaged person! I'm practically your mistress! Make sure your plan will work!' 

'Tiffany, she is your best friend, can't you try and talk her into cancelling this? you know I can't risk loosing the business.' Kris explained.

'PSH, babe, you know I don't like her. I'm just there cause she pays some of my bills but okay, I'll try.' 

'I lov-' Before Kris could even get the chance to say anything, Tiffany placed the phone down. 

 

Kris turned and sighed as he stared out the window of the room. From his view, he could see Eun Hee in the balcony removing hair pins from her hair as they flowed down and was blown back by the wind. She bent down and messed her hair up and smiled as the wind blew stronger, making her dress fly. Eun Hee suddenly smiled and giggled to herself. It's been so long since she let herself have fun, she suddenly started twirling around breathing in the scent of the fresh air, as her twirling came to a stop Kris went back to reality and smirked.

"Maybe you aren't perfect after all."

 

HEEEY!!!!! HOPE YOU FEEL SATSFIED WITH THIS. I'M GOING T EDIT TOMORROW 

AND THANKS TO MY FIRST SUBSCRIBERS! 

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)