New Beginnings

Gwindor

 

Told you guys I was inspired~!!! Hope you guys like the chapter! I know you will! ;D

 

Ryeowook’s shoes tapped against the stone halls as he searched for the Prince, important news replaying in his head. He rushed outside to find the Prince sat with Wufan on the lush grass before the roaring waterfall.

“My Lord!” Zitao turned his head, smiling and quickly standing.

“Ryeowook! What can I do for you?” The little half elf ran over to the Prince, out of breath.

“K-King ZhouMi r-requests f-for your a-audience.” Zitao’s eyes widen, he was never summoned by his brother unless it was important matters. He turned to Wufan who was still sat, the shape shifter nodded towards him and smiled softly as both elves ran back inside.

Wufan sighed and began picking at the blades of grass, he had been meaning to tell the Prince how he felt ever since he was better but he never had the guts to say. He leaned over to look into the pool of clear water the waterfall had created, staring back at his reflection.

Maybe that’s what I am. A coward.

Wufan sat in silence for what seemed like a lifetime before he heard his name being called, turning towards the shout. There stood the King’s wife, waving towards the shape shifter, Wufan stood up and bowed before walking over to him.

“Your Majesty, what brings you here?” Henry smiled at Wufan.

“I was looking for Zitao, but I guess he’s not here.”

Wufan shook his head.

“No, he’s with his brother.” Henry nodded, a sad smile on his face.

“Ah… Well I was meant to give him this.” He opened his hand to reveal a silver necklace, the silver twisted together and a small blue topaz gem placed in the middle. “He lost it you see and I was meant to return it to him.”

“Oh, I can do that for you…”

Henry grinned at Wufan, placing the necklace in the other’s hands.

“That would be excellent if you could, make sure it does get to him. Thank you Wufan.”

Wufan smiled softly at the human.

“It’s no problem Your Majesty and I’ll make sure.”

Henry waved Wufan off as the shape shifter stared down at the necklace, it was simple but beautiful, and he walked back to the spot he and the Prince sat together and sat down again, his eyes never leaving the necklace.

Time quickly passed and before he knew it he heard the grass rustle, Wufan stood and turned to face the Prince smiling, but the smile soon dropped from his face as he saw the mixture of worry and shock on Zitao’s face. Wufan slowly moved over to the snow elf, putting the necklace in his small satchel.

“...My Lord? What’s wrong?”

Wufan saw the Prince gulped and look up at him slowly.

“I… I am to be wed.”

Wufan’s world shattered with those words and his jaw dropped, a gasp sounding from his mouth.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Months passed and news spread quickly around Gwindor of the Prince’s marriage, what should be happy news seemed heart breaking for Zitao, a smile never gracing his lips even when around his guardian.

Leeteuk looked at the two sadly when they walked past him down the hallways or when the Prince visited him, he had often worried about the two, both so oblivious to how the other feels and this saddened the High elf. He looked to his lover and was glad that he didn’t have the same restrictions that the Prince had, KangIn looked back to the other and smiled softly, placing a hand gently on Leeteuk’s large stomach.

“Not long now huh?” KangIn whispered softly, kissing Leeteuk’s temple who smiled back at him.

“A month or so I think…”

KangIn gently the elf’s stomach as the older cuddled into his side, trying to relieve some of his discomfort. KangIn looked down at Leeteuk slightly worried.

“Is your back ok?” Leeteuk hummed slightly.

“Hurts a little bit…” KangIn slowly sat Leeteuk up, who whined in protest, and sat behind him gently rubbing his hands into Leeteuk’s lower back.  The elf leant his head back as his eyes closed, tiny groans sounding from his mouth, KangIn continued until he heard soft snores from the other. KangIn gently laid Leeteuk down, his face.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you at the start Teukkie…  Really I am… But I’ll stay with you until the end… I’ll tell you why I was gone for so long if you want when you wake up…” KangIn softly kissed Leeteuk’s forehead. “I love you Leeteuk… Always will.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The night of that day Zitao invited Wufan to the bridge near the stream, the water glowed and sparkled in the moon light and lit the elf’s pale skin which Wufan thought made Zitao even more beautiful than usual. The pair stood awkwardly next to each other staring into the shallow water seeing their reflections.

“So… Why did you summon me here My Lord?” Zitao turned to the taller, a small smile on his lips.

“I wished to tell you of the wedding arrangements…” Wufan felt his chest stab in pain.

Of course… Someone else was having Zitao.

“If… if makes any difference My Lord… I do not wish to know of the arrangements…” Zitao looked at him hurt.

“But… it is my wish Wufan…” He placed a gentle hand on Wufan’s arm, making the other flinch slightly. “And… I thought… We could spend more time together… As… when I am… m-married… I no longer need a guardian.”

Wufan’s eyes widened at Zitao’s words, Zitao’s husband would replace him how could he have been so naïve to think that he would always be with the Prince.

“I want you to be part of the wedding plans… I want to make the most of our time together… You… You mean so much to me Wufan…” Zitao’s eyes burned with tears, Wufan’s face contorted in sadness.

“…Do… Do my wishes not count?”

“O-Of course they do Wufan.” The shape shifter turned to face Zitao.

“Then… Then do not do this!” Wufan grabbed Zitao’s shoulders. “Do not go through with it!”

“But… I must… It is my duty to my brother…” Zitao sighed heavily and looked down at the ground, unshed tears falling to the ground. “After all… This is the only way I could have someone to love me… Who could love someone with half their face burnt off?”

Wufan looked at the prince sadly, reaching into his satchel and bringing out the necklace.

“…This is yours… Your brother-in-law said you lost it…” Wufan reached behind the Prince’s neck and clasped the necklace on, his face just mere inches away from Zitao’s, the elf looked down at the necklace in wonder.

“This… t-this was my mother’s…” Zitao’s tears fell quickly down his cheeks, his face turned to Wufan’s and his cheeks started burning when he noticed how close they were. “It… it was her engagement gift from her mother…”

Wufan’s eyes flickered to Zitao’s lips, his hand slowly trailed up to gently cup Zitao’s face, the prince’s eyes traced the features of Wufan’s face, landing on his lips before looking into his eyes.

“I will… and I do… I love you Zitao and I always will.” Wufan gently pulled Zitao’s face closer to his softly pressing their lips together, Zitao’s hands clenching at Wufan’s tunic, keeping him close. Both had wanted this for so long that they didn’t want to let go, both lips moved in time with the other but only soft presses, nothing too passionate. Wufan pulled back and looked at Zitao with tears in his eyes and voice shaking.

“Please… I love you… Do not go through with it…”

“I-I love you too Wufan… But… I must…” Zitao gently moved Wufan’s hands from his cheek, which hung limply at Wufan’s side, he smiled sadly at him as the shape shifter’s tears rolled down his cheeks. Zitao turned to walk away but Wufan grabbed his wrist stopping him.

“Tell me… Tell me who it is…”

“Oh… I don’t know… This man is stone faced and seems cold hearted… He comes from a land different than my own… But… I get the feeling that he cares for those around him… He’s been through so much loss…”

“He… he sounds perfect for you… You need someone like him…” Wufan let go of Zitao’s wrist and looked to the ground. Zitao turned around and lifted Wufan’s teary face up, wiping away any stray tears.

“Oh… My dear Wufan… My silly silly guardian… The one that I am to marry…” Zitao places a gentle kiss on Wufan’s quivering lips. “Is you…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Leeteuk was just coming back from congratulating the happy couple when KangIn noticed that something was slightly off, Leeteuk may not have voiced it but he could see in his face that there was pain building up. He rushed to lie Leeteuk down on the bed and to make him as comfy as he could.

“Are you sure I don’t need to get Heechul?” KangIn looked at the elf concerned, Leeteuk just waved him off and shook his head.

“I’m fine, it’s just dull aching… It’ll go away soon like it normally does.”

“What do you mean ‘normally does’? Has this happened before?” Leeteuk huffed, pouting.

“This is why I didn’t want to tell you KangIn… It’s nothing to be worried about, Heechul told me that I can get some aches and pains from being pregnant. Of all the people, he should know as he’s gone through it.”

KangIn sighed lightly and sat on the edge of the bed, playing with his fingers.

“I know… I’m sorry…” Leeteuk smiled lightly and gently KangIn’s cheek.

“You worry too much KangIn… Calm down, relax… Come lay on the bed with me…” KangIn sighed lightly, moving over to the other side of the bed, he lay down next to the older. Leeteuk smiled at him and kisses his cheek, linking their fingers together he cuddled up to KangIn and fell into a light slumber.

KangIn watched Leeteuk in his sleep, gently playing with the elf’s blonde locks, hours had passed by before Leeteuk jolted awake and put a hand on his stomach.

“Ow… that was a good kick…” He mumbled which caused KangIn to chuckle lightly, gently massaging Leeteuk’s stomach. They both lay in silence before Leeteuk flinched again and KangIn stared at him worried.

“Are you sure I don’t need to go get Heechul?...” Leeteuk shook his head.

“I-It’s fine…”

KangIn stayed but when Leeteuk flinched again he jumped off the bed.

“I’m going to get Heechul, even if it isn’t anything, but to make sure!” KangIn ran down the halls to the infirmary, looking for Heechul. The moon elf looked in confusion at KangIn before piecing things together and running towards him.

“Is he in labour?”

“I-I don’t know… He keeps getting pains and I’d rather be safe than sorry.” Heechul nodded and ran towards their room, KangIn on his tail. Leeteuk was still laid on the bed, one hand clutching his stomach, Heechul walked to the bed and kneeled down next to it.

“Cyrn jhyl cali si shael kyl thys? (How long have they been going for?)” Heechul asked.

“Ai-Ai pyl's cyrn... byr baesia jhyl... (I-I don't know... not very long...)”

“Cyrn thas eidas? (How far apart?)” Leeteuk’s face flinched slightly.

“Eirdyr tholi toleraer... (About five minutes...)” Heechul groaned slightly.

“O myr cali kyrael ti mylaes! (You should have gotten me sooner!)” Heechul turned to KangIn. “Go get Hangeng, tell him that Leeteuk’s in labour!”

KangIn’s eyes widened as he did what the moon elf said, Hangeng chasing after him, the twins in tow holding supplies for what was needed, once they reached the room Leeteuk was already asleep and Heechul had his sleeves rolled up.

“Tolael, Ai baer o sai caer CalOl sheria. (Children, I need you to keep KangIn busy.)” Heechul told the two, both nodded and grabbing one of KangIn’s hands each, pulling him out of the room, Hangeng walked to the door and smiled at KangIn.

“I’ll tell you when it’s done.” He closed the door and locked it, KangIn sighed heavily and slid to the floor. He stared at the twins who in turn sat on the floor in front of him and stared back.

 

What felt like a lifetime passed for KangIn before he heard cries coming from the room, his head turned to the door as he began to chew on his lip, the twins turned to look at each other giggling and grinning. The door opened slowly and Hangeng poked his head out, smiling at KangIn who stood up.

“You can come see them if you want…”

“Of course I do!” KangIn walked into the room as saw Leeteuk awake and sat up slightly, holding a bundle whilst Heechul had just finished wrapping the other up. Heechul turned to KangIn and smiled.

“Leeteuk did well, twin boys though that doesn’t surprise me.” He walked over to KangIn and passed the baby onto him, KangIn looked down at the bundle and couldn’t help the tears forming in his eyes. The baby was asleep but he could tell that he looked more like Leeteuk than himself, he walked over to Leeteuk who smiled tiredly at him.

“Now, be gentle KangIn, his stomach will still probably be in pain… I did have to cut him open though, so it’s a given…” KangIn looked back at Heechul and nodded. “We’ll leave you guys alone for a bit…”

Heechul closed to the door after him, KangIn sat on the edge of the bed smiling at Leeteuk, leaning over and placing a soft kiss on his forehead.

“Thought of any names?” Leeteuk nodded at him.

“Haldamir (HongKi)” He said to the one he held. “And Tuor (Cheol Yong).” He said to the one in KangIn’s arms, KangIn smiled.

“Perfect.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

In the middle of a dark and dead forest, a blinding light appeared to cover the forest floor before collecting into one place creating a figure curled up. Pure white wings wrapped around the boy before slowly fluttering out, stretching, the boy’s eyes flickered open showing a dull blue that began to focus on his surroundings. He stood and turned his head, looking around the forest, he slowly looked up to the star filled sky and couldn’t help but smile a little.

Where am I?

The boy walked around the forest, running his hands over the dead trees before an even greater question crossed his mind.

Who am I?

The boys blue eyes began to tear as he tried to rack his brain for answers but only got a headache, he clutched at his head and cried out slightly, he slowly looked up and through his blurred vision he could spot a man walking towards him, the red streaks in his hair vibrant in the dark.

“What are you doing in my land?” The boy looked at the man in confusion.

“I… I don’t know… I don’t know anything…” The man looked at the boy then slowly to his wings, the boy looked at them as well in amazement.

“It seems you are an angel… What is your name?” The boy stared at the man for a minute before it struck him.

“…Lay… my name is Lay…” The man walked over to Lay and put a cloak over him.

“Well Lay… let’s get you out of the cold and into some clothes shall we? I’m Amras… Or you can call me Kyuhyun…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is Tao's necklace for those of you who wanted to know!

And also in Elven culture the mother of the bride gives the groom a piece of jewellery for him to give the bride, since Henry's the closet thing to a mother figure for Tao... there you go XD