Winter Is Here

Gwindor

I'm so sorry that it's taken me this long to post something guys!! The chapter isn't as long as the others but I hope it makes up for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though the happiest of events cannot stop the harshest of winters to fall upon their land, within weeks the once green grass now covered in a thick layer of frosty snow, all the fires burned within Gwindor whilst the immense heat from Amras’ castle melted all snow within 10 feet of it. Most of the demons were displeased as the snow damped on their powers, whilst a certain brown haired angel stared longingly out of his window. He wished to touch the snow, it looked like it would be soft to him but the king had him all but locked up in the castle, not allowing the fresh air to blow in his face. He missed the feeling but had no memory of every feeling it, he felt suffocated, weighed down, dirt and ash constantly covered him as flames at his cloak as he walked down hallways but no harm came to him.

Lay sighed as he stood up from the windowsill and pull his cloak tighter around him, walking out of his room to walk down the fire lit hallways. He had searched through all of the rooms previously apart from one, but he had been forbidden from going in there which only made him curious. He watched as a sweaty and out of breath Suho ran past him in the opposite direction, towards the throne room, his wings and clothes looking more tattered then normal and Lay just couldn’t help himself but feel pity for the other angel. He didn’t have the protection that he did, so the demons and other inhabitants could have their way with him and he wouldn’t be allowed to refuse or fight back. Lay sighed lightly as he watched the retreating figure before carrying on with his way.

The large thick metal door stood before him as he gulped heavily, reaching for the handle and pushing it down, he flinched as the heavy door creaked and echoed down the hall but quickly made his way into the dimly lit room. What was in there surprised him, the room was bare apart from a man stood, bound tightly in chains, arms bound before him whilst his dark grey wings were trapped and weighed down. Lay couldn’t see the man’s face as his head hung towards the ground, but there was a metal chocker round his neck yet again held to the ground by chains. Something about the man made Lay feel like he wanted to help, but also he felt terrified and that he should not be in this room. Just as he turned to walk out, the door heavily shut and locked, the Lord of the castle gracefully removed his hand before looking up at Lay with disappointment in his eyes.

“I wish you would just listen Lay. All I do is for your own safety.” Lay trembled and shied away from the demon’s piercing gaze. “A lesson needs to be taught don’t you think Jaejoong?” The demon’s fingers snapped and Lay heard a loud thud against the stone flooring, slowly he turned to see the man with his head lifted up, piercing blue eyes staring right through him whilst a metal muzzle lay before him, the angel just couldn’t stop his body from shaking in fear.

“I-I’m sorry A-Amras!” Lay watched as the demon moved closer to him, a small smirk playing on his lips as he placed his hand on the angel’s shoulders slowly pushing him backwards until he felt chains wrap around his torso, keeping him close to Jaejoong.

“A lesson must be taught Lay, I can’t have you disobeying me again.” Kyuhyun’s eyes moved to the man behind Lay. “Bite him.” The angel’s eyes widened.

“B-Bit-“ He wasn’t able to finish to finish his sentence as a searing pain washed over him as fangs pierced into his neck deeply, blood dribbling down and staining his clothes, loud screams sounding from his mouth. He tried to struggle but this only caused the chains around him to tighten, restricting his movements and breathing. He could see his vision starting to fade as he felt light headed and the next thing he knew he was lying heavily on the ground with Kyuhyun kneeling next to him, reaching out and grabbing a handful of his hair, pulling him up.

“Now, will you disobey me again?” The angel weakly shook his head before it was dropped back onto the hard cold stone floor. “Good.” His vision faded but just before it fully went he saw Suho come in and careful pick him up, looking down at him with pity.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kyuhyun was disappointed in the angel he showed such promise and he knew who he truly was, Jiyong had told him after he had seen Lay looking at the angel perplexed before understanding the situation. If this angel really was the friend of the prince and his guardian then it would make his plan that much easier, but there were still two others that could make his plan even easier, almost fool-proof. Kyuhyun turned to the rustle of chains and stared at the fallen angel, his piercing blue eyes softening slightly at the sight of the other, the demon king walks up to the other and moves some hair out of his face.

“I’m sorry Jaejoong… It will still be some time until our plan can be put into use.” Kyuhyun sighed lightly.

“I don’t care how long it takes… As long as I can rip the head off that Snow elf’s body.” The fallen angel’s voice was rough from misuse, and his eyes flash a scarlet red. Kyuhyun smirked before the other’s dark grey locks.

“We’ll have our revenge on those wretched elves don’t you worry. They’ll pay for both your love and my brothers.” Jaejoong smiled lightly at Kyuhyun, his eyes turning back to their blue state before the demon picked up the thick metal muzzle. “I’m sorry, but I will need to put this back on you…” The fallen angel looked sadly at the other before nodding.

“Just… come visit more often, it gets awfully lonely and your other little angel isn’t exactly entertaining.” Kyuhyun chuckled lightly before placing the muzzle back on Jaejoong.

“I know, but he’s so broken now that he’s bent on everyone one of my commands. If I ordered him to kill himself he probably would. If only to get Lay’s loyalty like that.” Kyuhyun Jaejoong’s hair once more before walking out of the dimly lit room, locking the door behind him.

Kyuhyun’s plan was simple, revenge for his brothers that were killed in the war, Yunho was Jaejoong’s lover and king over the demons, Kyuhyun being the next in line had to take his place, whilst his younger brother Changmin was just reckless and didn’t heed any of their warnings. The Snow elf king will pay for what his people did, whether that’s through his brother or himself, he will find a way to break the king down and having him in his control. Gwindor will fall and it will be glorious to the demon’s eyes.

The demon king started to walk towards his throne room, Sungmin appearing close to his side as always having forsaken his people long ago so he could serve the demon and his loyalty has never wavered since. Kyuhyun looked towards the elf and smirked, maybe he would reward him for all that he’s done tonight.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The snow at Gwindor was deep enough for the children to play in and some of those that are children at heart. This again was a time of peace for them for no one would dare attack whilst the snow still falls, only fools would.

Most of the residents took time to collect the last of the harvest or spend time with their families curled up next to fires, warm soup filling their bellies. Many from far off lands sought refuge within Gwindor to keep them protected from the harsh winter cold, the King and his brother were busy greeting and boarding their new guests whilst the Queen thought it would be best to welcome them with bouquets of flowers.

Whilst walking through the snow, Henry made sure that he was wrapped up warm the snow covering the trees and ground only some flowers appearing through it. He smiled at the soft colours coming through the white snow and he began to pick at the flowers, putting them into his basket taking in the fresh air and the aroma coming from the flowers. After a while he decided to sit on a fallen tree, take in the sights of the forest he grew to love before closing his eyes and feeling the breeze of the crisp cool air. A strong gust made him shiver and pull his cloak tighter around him.

“Cold are we love?” Henry’s eyes snapped open at the sound of a voice he hadn’t heard in so long, he looked in front of him and saw the demon king stood a mere two feet away from him. Henry scrambled up, coincidently tripping over a branch from the fallen tree, the King reaching out to hold him up.

“Get off me!” Henry pushed Kyuhyun away harshly, picking up his basket and holding it close. “What are you doing here? On our land?”

“Am I not allowed to come visit an old friend?” Henry scoffed at the other words.

“You have no friends here…” Kyuhyun just smirked at the human before moving closer to him, running a finger along his cheek.

“Oh Henry… did you forget our nights together before that wretched elf took you away from me?...” Henry flinched away from the other, his eyes narrowing.

“He treats me better then you ever did…” He held onto his basket tightly before moving around the other, he felt the demon king grab his arm and spin him around before feeling cold lips on his.

“I will take back what’s mine…” Kyuhyun smirked before letting the human go who stared at him with wide eyes, he watched Henry’s throat as he saw him visibly swallow.

“He’ll fight for me…”

“Oh love, that’s what I’m counting on.” A smirk spread across the demon’s face, Henry ran back to the castle holding tightly onto his basket of flowers. He was scared but at the same time his heart wouldn’t stop beating for the other. He thought he had buried his feelings for the demon king long ago but they had begun to resurface, his head was confused but so was his heart. He needed to figure out what to do about all of this, he had to push his feelings for the demon away as he couldn’t hurt the elven king.

What a big mess…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The prince laughed loudly as a snowball hit Wufan on his cheek, slowly melting and becoming water that dripped off his face, the shifter stared at the prince before charging and tackling him into the snow making Zitao squeal from the cold. The shifter’s hands were on Zitao’s waist, tickling him making the other squirm and laugh breathlessly.

“W-Wufan~! W-Wai-s-stop!” The prince tried to move away but Wufan latched onto him, wrapping his arms tightly around the other waist.

“Nope! You’re not getting away.” Wufan smiled softly at the other who looked up at him, panting lightly from laughing so much. The shifter slowly leant in to press their lips together but something caught his attention from the corner of his eye, he slowly sat up and saw a shadowed figure in the distance. He stood up, pulling Zitao up with him holding him protectively.

“Wufan… what… who is that?” Zitao asked in confusion, he was sure that they were both out on the snow covered field by themselves.

“I… I don’t know.” He tightened his grip around the prince as the figure slowly moved closer and closer until they were able to see the figures face, large wings slowly spreading out from his back. The shifter’s and prince’s eye widened as they laid eyes on someone they both knew well.

“…Y…Y-Yixing…”