回见

♫ Third's A Charm ♪

 

思念在你我之间 化成空气的一些

轻轻相随 轻轻地相连

Longing lingers between us, transforming into a part of air.

Gently following, gently interlocking

Four years had passed. He had grown, and so had she but they never did forget each other. Every day to them was a new day, a day with the possibility of bumping into one another on the streets again. He never knew when she’d be back, or if she was already back for that matter and she didn’t know if he still remained where she had left him.

Well, the truth is she did return. After three years of staying in the US with her parents, she graduated from her course in the university and told her parents she wanted to return to work. Of course, whether it was for work or for him…that does not have to be explicitly said, right?

He too, didn’t leave. He graduated and had started work in a company not too far from their old neighborhood. For the past four years, he carried on with the same routine – walking to work, because it would pass by her old house.

Now, will the two of them meet again or is this the end of it all? It all depends on fate.

It has officially been a year since I’ve returned. In these past four years, I think of him every single day but ever since my return, I have not even tried to look for him. Not even once. Ask me why and I will honestly answer – I don’t know.

Maybe it’s because I feel bad for leaving him.

Of course, subconsciously, my legs do bring me back to our old neighborhood. I’m not sure if he still stays there, but I doubt it, because in all the times I’ve been there, I haven’t ran into him.

And so I’ve told myself, ‘Maybe we’re just not meant to be.’

It’s been a year. If we were supposed to meet on the streets, we would have right?

“ Ready or not, here I come! ”

As always, the kids of the neighborhood all enjoy their game of hide and seek, looks like this tradition hasn’t changed in years.

Yeap, I’m back once again to this place – the place where we grew together. This should be the last time I walk on this road. Perhaps, the promises between us can only be fulfilled in dreams...


如果故事能重编 我会再多说一遍


If our story can be rewritten I will say once more

“Ready or not, here I come!”

And here comes the neighbor’s kids playing again. After her family moved out, a new family has moved into her house and they come with two little kids. Their cute really, but every day at about this time, they’ll come out to play a game of hide and seek.

As always, the younger of the two would catch me on my way home and ask me if he could hide behind me. Of course, this just meant that he would get caught in no time.

Suddenly, the cries of the elder one rang towards us and the younger child ran towards the direction of the cries. I followed – of course I wouldn’t leave the two kids fending for themselves. Their parents were nice people and we would exchange smiles whenever our paths crossed.

As we were a few steps away from the scene, I heard a voice.

Don’t cry alright? I’ll treat you to marshmallows.’

A voice that had been ringing in my ears for the past few years, ‘You’re back.’

终有一天回头再见

One day I’ll turn my head back and meet you again

 

The End.

Note:

◉ Well, with that, this story is finally done! I initially planned to make it sad but then again I figured, we should always leave a ray of hope in life right? This story has the possibility for a sad ending as well though, so if anyone is interested in me writing a sad version of the ending then just leave a comment in the comment box and I'll get to it. Any sadists around here? LOLjk. 

◉  Oh yes, and I'll be changing the tags to the characters who will be featured in the next story now so don't be surprised if you see the tags changed. I doubt any of you would notice though. But yeah, just in case you do.

◉ And in view of the above, the characters for the next story has been decided! Thanks to a request by ctmgonzaga

Thank you for requesting! 

So the next chapter will be featuring...

 

SNSD'S Taeyeon & Tiffany 

 

That's right. The two pretty girls in Girl's Generation. What's it going to be like? You'll have to read on to find out.

 

◉  You can request too, so feel free to do so. And as always,

 

Please Comment & Subscribe.