回见

♫ Third's A Charm ♪

 

► 回见 (Hui Jian) ft. 刘璇 Liu Xuan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5reXTx0p8E

`

以为说回见 总能再见一面

I thought that as long as I looked back, we’d be able to see each other once more.

“Hey, do you promise me that you’ll be here whenever I turn back?”

“Of course.” He smiled.

In all our years of friendship, he had been there for me and somehow, looking at his sincere smile I knew. I knew that he would do all he could to keep his promise.


虽说过回见 早该多看一眼

Even though I said I would look back, I should have looked at you once more.

“Is something wrong?”                                    

I looked up at him, struggling to fight back the tears, “It’s nothing...”

I felt his warm touch on my shoulder. Every time I’ve felt tired, weak or lonely, it was this touch that told me ‘You’re not alone. I’m here.’ The thought that I was going have to leave him and everything else between us just shattered my heart into a million pieces.

“ I...I have to go now.” I stood up and walked away, without even turning back to look at him. All that I could afford to leave behind was those few drops of tears, nothing more and nothing less.


离开那一夜 一生的离别

The night that I left meant a lifetime of separation.

It was time. The flight was in another fifteen minutes, and the thought that I had not told him just burnt my heart. I would have loved to see him one last time, feel his warm hug and perhaps even tell him how I had felt about him all these years. The boy I grew up with, the guy that was there with me every step I took, the man that stole my heart. But I couldn’t and I wouldn’t, it would be too much to bear.

‘Passengers of flight KA 7693, we are now ready for boarding.’

I gave my phone one last look before turning it off, and walking into the boarding gates. I couldn’t tell him I had to leave but I had to tell him I was leaving. He would not be able to rush here in such short notice, and to prevent even that possibility I didn’t even tell him which airport I was at. All I had said in that short text message was ‘I’m at the airport now. Don’t bother looking for me. Take care. ‘


你说的诺言 梦里再实现

Let’s fulfill the promise that you made only in my dreams.

The first time we met, I didn’t like him at all. To me, he was the annoying neighbor that always stole my candies. Like any other boy, he enjoyed teasing me and I hated his teasing. But that all changed one day, the day I got bullied by the group of six year old boys across the road. Being two years their junior and a girl at the same time, I could only afford to bury my head in my knees cry.

That was when I felt it. That warm touch on my shoulder and embrace that filled me with security. Next, I heard that whisper “Don’t cry, I’ll be here for you.” All that coming from that five year old him, but that was enough to make me stop crying.

From then on, we became the best of friend and I don’t know why but since then, I’ve always had a dream of this figure protecting me and being with me till old age.


回忆种在我指尖 长成泡沫飞满天
轻轻触碰 轻轻地破灭

Memories are planted amongst my fingertips, growing into bubbles that fill the air.

Breaking gently with each gentle touch.

Ever since I left three years ago, I haven’t heard a word from him. Of course, to be fair, I never gave him even the slightest clue of where I was going and therefore, the possibilities of him finding me would probably only be slightly higher than one in a million.

Despite the distance, my memories of us just kept playing like a tape recorder – over and over again. To be honest, I have never been sure of my feelings for him. Was he a friend to me or perhaps a brother? Maybe even more? But right now, I was very sure of it.

I should have known, all those times when I cried over sad love flicks and he lent me his jacket as a tissue, when I injured myself and he carried me down the streets without a care of other people’s stares and even that time when he took punishment in my stead when I had accidentally broke the principle’s favorite vase. All those times, I had felt that he was a hero – my hero. It had never occurred to me though, that these were feelings of romantic attraction. After all, when you spend almost your whole life with someone, good feelings are never something you will think of as something else.

And now that we’re far from each other, any realization is meaningless because all our memories are just like the bubbles that we blew as little kids – fragile and easily broken with just one touch.


气息停留在昨天 感到你在我身边
轻轻的爱 轻轻地蔓延

The aura freezes at yesterday, I still feel you by my side.

Our gentle love will slowly spread.

I felt a poke. “Wake up sleepy head! You promised me we’d hang out and watch some movies!”

I opened my eyes and the first thing I met with was his pouting face. Before I knew it, a faint smile escaped my lips and I pinched his cheeks.

“Ouch! That hurts!”, he pouted even more, “ You’ve got to stop treating my cheeks as your personal marshmallow. Oh the mental abuse they have suffered all these years! ”

Okay, I admit I have this weird habit of pinching marshmallows till they get all gooey before eating them. He knew that very well and every time I pinched his cheeks, he would liken it to my weird habit and tease me.

“I don’t care. Your cheeks are my personal marshmallow.” I grinned before reaching out to pinch his cheeks again but with that pinch, he disappeared before my eyes.

That was when I really woke up. To a world without him.

Note:

◉ To be continued.

◉ The song used is 回见 (Hui Jian) by 刘璇 Liu Xuan. Feel free to go listen to it. It's the subtheme song of a TVB drama. <- Is a TVB fan.

◉ The english translations are definitely not 100% accurate. Rather than to say they are not accurate, they are changed to be more understandable and fitting to the story.

◉ The characters in this story will probably be unnamed. Partially because I seriously can't think of who I want in it. Yes, I fail on many levels. OTL

 

 

 Questions: 

 

♥  Would you prefer a sad or happy ending? 

 

Last but not least...

Comment and subscribe,